- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Illinois
- - Chicago, IL Area
- - Chicago, IL
- - Rosemont, IL
- - Huntley, IL
- - Schaumburg, IL
- - Maryland
- - Baltimore, MD Area
- - Baltimore, MD
- South Africa - All Cities
- - Gauteng
- - Johannesburg, South Africa Area
- - Blackheath
- - Western Cape
- - Cape Town, South Africa Area
- - Cape Town
Found 55 of over 73 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 29, 2022 - Project EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great people, and opportunities to develop a ton of experience. Keeps you happy to go into work everyday
Outside of long hours sometimes, there are none
- Former Employee★★★★★Oct 18, 2022 - Construction SuperintendentRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great company with a fantastic leadership, people culture and benefits. Great opportunities to move up.
I wish the offices were downtown.
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 27, 2022 - Architectural Designer in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great employee events and outreach.
Can be slow some days.
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 8, 2022 - Assistant Project Manager (APM)RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
They offer great experience on unique projects and are continuing to grow.
Work life balance can be an issue.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jul 13, 2022 - Senior Project ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Employees generally come first. Good report with clients helps create a positive work environment.
There are some employees that have egos big it’s hard to believe their heads fit through the door. They can be stuck in there ways.
- Former Employee★★★★★Aug 3, 2022 - Assistant Project ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Pay was good and fair
Room for growth could be better
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Power offers great benefits and fun events to attend, whether volunteer events or company parties etc. There is a lot of training always available and free lunches are a perk.
Power has grown into a larger company that still operates with a small company mentality- in a detrimental way. Workplace politics and gossip are lurking behind most interactions and it is very much a boys club. Be cautious of departments that are meant to serve as a resource for employees. Compensation is typically under market and there is a lack of transparency around bonuses, resulting in only "favorites" receiving anywhere near the full amount.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Feb 6, 2022 - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Power is led by great leaders.
The level of sharing that one would wish is not always there.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan 26, 2022 - Journeyman Carpenter in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
A1 company good with employees management is good
No cons everything is good working here
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Sep 6, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good training opportunities, great benefits, cool projects.
I would advise you to NOT use HR as a resource. As with all HR departments-they exist to protect the company (not you) and any information you give…just don’t. Also, as much work as they’ve done on being diverse and inclusive-it’s still very much a white man’s world/boys club.Continue reading
Power Construction Reviews FAQs
Power Construction has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 73 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Power Construction to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
80% of Power Construction employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Power Construction 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.