Power Digital Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 46 reviews

4.7
Power Digital Marketing CEO Grayson Lafrenz
Grayson Lafrenz
Pros
  • "Power Digital Marketing is an excellent company to work with as a freelance copywriter(in 29 reviews)

• "I was lucky enough to score an internship with PDM for the final semester of my senior year(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "NO cons it's been a great experience(in 10 reviews)

• "Working at Power Digital, there wasn't much opportunity for growth(in 5 reviews)

1. "Power Digital Empowers Its Employees"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Power Digital Marketing full-time

Pros

- Employees are encouraged and empowered to try new strategies, learn about new marketing channels and grow outside of their respective department - Collaborative and friendly company culture - Opportunities for commission, bonuses and profit-sharing unlike any other agency - Major focus on learning opportunities (lunch and learns, all-staff trainings, mentorship program) - Dog-friendly office, catered lunches,... unlimited PTO

Cons

NO cons it's been a great experience!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Power Digital Marketing2019-04-22
  2. "Fast-paced and fun work environment"

I worked at Power Digital Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

cool company perks (dogs in office, lunches), collaborative environment, everyone is super young and friendly, you can definitely have a life outside of work- most people leave right at 5

Cons

takes awhile to fit in with the employees that are already bonded

Power Digital Marketing2019-03-30

April 9, 2019CEO

Thank you for the feedback! Really appreciate your point about fitting in with such an established team. This is a key focal area that we are working to improve and make a strength as we continue to scale. It starts with the top and me as CEO making sure that I do the things needed ...

3. "Best Agency I've Ever Seen"

Current Employee - Senior SEO Strategist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Power Digital Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

Wow so many good things to say about this company, it's hard to explain all of the things that make going to work here every day so special. I'll start with this, they recognize and empower smart ideas and they let people be creative and intelligent in new ways. Because of the backing of management and other departments, I have been able to realize a project a long time in the making and be a part of many more.... Their ability to foster leadership and how to approach a problem is truly remarkable. Culturally, I'd say we are competitive against ourselves because everyone is so amazing! It's great to work in an environment where you can learn and see how much talent is around you. Looking forward to growing as things continue to pick up!

Cons

Honestly I have only positive things to say

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Power Digital Marketing2019-03-09

April 9, 2019CEO

Thanks, this means a ton!

4. "Incredible Leadership & Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Power Digital Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a big family! You are surrounded by a team that's very talented, dedicated and entrepreneurial which makes coming to work fun, fulfilling and motivating. They truly live by their core values and won't sacrifice or stray from those for anything. Catered lunches, fun team events, awesome transparency on everything, and very clear shared vision for the future. Best culture by far!

Cons

None - really love and appreciate this place.

Advice to Management

Leadership is second to none - keep it up!

February 1, 2019CEO

Thank you, this means a ton!

5. "Couldn't Dream of a Better Place to Work"

Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Power Digital Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Endless Growth Opportunities - Transparent, Understanding, and Motivating Leadership Team who has their team's best interests in mind 24/7 - Surrounded by the smartest, most driven people I have ever met - Fun and diverse client base - Constantly learning and being challenged - Catered lunch, office dogs, amazing people, great culture events, and unmatched pay structure

Cons

None that I can think of :)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! You are role models for each and every one of us and have built a team of the best and smartest marketers, and professionals, I have ever met!

February 1, 2019CEO

Thank you! The team here at Power Digital inspires me every day! That is why I LOVE walking into this office every morning!

"Fun at first but you'll get overworked and burnt out"

Current Employee - Channel Marketing Specialist

I have been working at Power Digital Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cool people you work with and young culture Free lunches

Cons

Essentially a sales organization Underpaid and overworked Owners are all about revenue numbers and not company moral (this all changed within the last year)

Advice to Management

Have more of an understanding for work life balance because people have lives/families/friends/hobbies outside of PD. Try to understand this

February 1, 2019CEO

Thank you for the feedback, I am very sorry to hear that you have this view and feel this way. We will take this feedback very seriously and work to put things in place to assure this is not the case. Out of the 70 employees we have, 2 are sales oriented roles so 100% the marketing ...

7. "Fun, Fast Pace Environment"

I worked at Power Digital Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great team - Catered lunches - Dog-friendly office - Amazing company culture - Room for creativity + growth

Cons

- Heavy workload at times - The office can feel a little cliquey. With that being said, the staff does put in an effort to integrate new members into the team.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! It's evident that you truly care for your employees.

Power Digital Marketing2018-08-22

"Depends what you need from a company"

I have been working at Power Digital Marketing full-time

Pros

Catering lunch each day, can make great money, diverse clients, you can be creative and come up with new ideas for company and departments, unlimited vacation day policy, lots of recognition, cutting edge strategies and growth

Cons

Always heavy Workload, Required to be in office until 5pm every Fri for a company meeting, no flexibility to work remote unless sick, mandatory 9-5 hours, office talk about whoever actually uses the unlimited vacation benefit, expensive insurance

Power Digital Marketing2018-07-20

July 24, 2018CEO

Appreciate the feedback and we will work hard to continue to improve the experience for employees. A few thoughts on this: 1) Working remote has always been a difficult topic for us but for the most part we want team members in the office so that we can have the highly collaborative ...

9. "A Company Unlike Any Other!"

Current Employee - PR & Outreach Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Power Digital Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

WOW, the pros list could truly go on and on and on. Power Digital Marketing is a place where you're valued, empowered, challenged and respected. There's no lip service here, the company talks the talk and absolutely walks the walk. Leadership puts the "WE" before the "ME" and always does right by their employees. We're held to very high standards, but these standards are what have led to PDM's incredible... reputation and massive success. Aside from the PHENOMENAL perks - catered organic lunches, unlimited PTO, President's club, etc. - the fact that each employee's unique preferences and what matters most to them are a top priority is absolutely unreal. PDM has found the sweet spot, realizing that no two employees are alike, and, how they work best, are motivated, receive praise, view success, etc. will be different. That said, they've created a place where all employees have a baseline understanding of "the rules we live by" and then leave the rest up to us. It's so empowering to not feel like a cog in a wheel, but that you actually matter and have a voice/impact. The transparent culture epitomized by our "work hard, play hard" attitude is something truly special. I can't overemphasize the fact that PDM ticks all the boxes and then some when it comes to an employer! Oh, and not to mention, it really helps that every employee at PDM is an absolute EXPERT at digital marketing. I've never been around a more talented, knowledgeable and capable group of people!

Cons

Things at PDM move FAST, so you're always kept on your toes! If you prefer routine, predictable days, then PDM might not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you're doing! I'm sincerely so blown away by your constant commitment to the team. The example you set forth and truly embodying the rules we live by creates an infectious culture that is so incredible to be part of!

Power Digital Marketing2018-06-25

July 24, 2018CEO

Thank you so much for sharing!

10. "Hard Working Team w/ Incredible Culture"

I have been working at Power Digital Marketing full-time

Pros

The people are what makes Power Digital so special. The leadership team truly cares for each individual's growth and works to ensure everyone is advancing. The work they do for clients is also unlike any other agency, working cross-channel to drive strategy and overall growth for the business. Power Digital also offers unlimited PTO, healthy lunches and a dog friendly office.

Cons

No cons or downside, plan to stay for the extended future.

Power Digital Marketing2018-05-07

July 24, 2018CEO

Thank you for the feedback. I agree that the people at Power Digital are everything and make the experience. The people are what I value most about my job here and what makes me fired up to get out of bed every morning!

Found 46 reviews