Power Home Remodeling Reviews in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Boston, MA Area

4.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Door to door(giving free estimates not selling anything), hours arent typical 9-5 (in 83 reviews)

• Work/ life balance is not ideal (in 61 reviews)

1. "Female EmPOWERment !!!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The culture is beyond amazing
    - People here WANT you to succeed and provide you with top notch training to be successful
    - Womens Summit! - Women Leadership Conference - Extremely supportive of growing females in the business
    - Managers run trainings constantly to help you learn, grow and develop throughout your career. You never stop learning.
    - Social events throughout the year
    - Amazing support system
    - Excellent Benefits
    - Technologically advanced company
    - Work hard play hard mentality
    - End of the year company wide trip to MEXICO - Best thank you trip ever!

Cons

- Work life balance may be difficult in the beginning for some

Advice to Management

Always forward, never back! Keep up the great work!

"Innovative. Always Improving."

Current Employee - Office Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Power, although it is Sales/marketing company , doesn't feel like one.
    -Incredibly collaborative.
    -Employees from all levels of experience and titles are willing to help you succeed.
    -As an employee, you WILL be rewarded for the hard work and effort you put in in ways you didn't think were possible.
    -The Women's Initiative and Power Veteran Initiative give a unique view to the demographics at Power and helps to prove that the more variety we have as a company, the more innovative and successful we can be as a whole.
    -Training is constant so you will always be on top of whatever change comes down the pipeline.
    -Most importantly, the company follows through on what they say will happen; with you, the company and future growth.

Cons

if you don't thrive off of constantly improving yourself and a strong work ethic, it will be challenging to be successful.

3. "Still Trying To Find The Catch"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I started with Power 14 months ago, I was thinking that it is too good to be true. There has to be a catch.

14 months later there still hasn't been a catch and I don't anticipate one. Whether your a Remodeling Consultant, consultant or ops, this company treats you like family.

The camaraderie is amazing, everyone from upper management to your peers help you to become successful. The training process is amazing and the support is unlike anything out there.

If you are self motivated and self discliplined, the sky will be the limit.

Cons

Getting used to the hours at first was probably the difficult part in the beginning but was you get to understand the system it's really not a big deal.

Advice to Management

I love the fact that you are open to ideas from everyone in the business. The communication is great, keep it up!

4. "Sales"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You create your ceiling, good compensation and training

Cons

Door to Door sales. They tell you good doors to knock on though

Advice to Management

Awesome Management

"Unrealistic expectations for an all-commission position"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashland, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashland, MA

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely enjoyed working with the personalities Power brings into the room. Everyone is high-energy and initially very ambitious.

Cons

The appointment schedule for sales reps is daunting. I had no time at night to be at home with my pregnant wife, made worse by a series of projects sold that couldn't be funded, leaving us with little to no income out of the gates.

I can say I had some bad luck that led to my departure, but one of the promises made to me during the interview was the qualification process of appointments before I went into the house. That wasn't supposed to happen. So there were some misleading parts of the interview process.

Advice to Management

The income ceiling is enticing, but out of all the people in the room, it is rarely achieved. Be more up front about realistic income expectations. particularly for those potential employees with families.

6. "Best weekend of my life..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a thank you for doing my job, Power flew 63 employees and myself to Myrtle Beach for a three day golf tournament called the Power Ryder Cup. It was the most competitive, fun event that you could imagine. They provided us with uniforms, shoes, bags, all the gear you could ask for. The course was top notch, and the only thing better than the golf was the events they threw for us at night. Every detail of the trip was well planned and it culminated in a final round for the record books where Team Europe edged Team USA in an epic comeback. For any golf fan out there, and really anyone looking for a life changing experience, this is the right company for you.

Cons

The schedule takes getting used to at first, we work harder than most other companies.

Advice to Management

Do this again in 2017!

7. "PowerHRG Review"

Current Employee - RVP Installations in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - RVP Installations in Boston, MA

Pros

At Power Home Remodeling Group you really are encouraged to be creative in whatever you do. Upper management allows you to have the freedom to express your thoughts and perform your job the way you think fit. The best part, is that they guide you in your creativity. By constantly being in communication with your management you can really navigate through your career and get feedback about your performance. The family like environment that is created makes everyone feel comfortable and safe. Those are two adjectives that most people do not get to experience at their work place!

Cons

The only con to Power is actually somewhat of a positive as well. As we continue to grow, it makes it more difficult to keep in contact with the great friends we have made over the years.

8. "Review of Power after 3 years"

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The support that you receive from piers and upper management is unparalleled. It is a fun, fast paced work environment that allows you to grow as quickly as you want. The management strategies at Power are more focused on growing you as an individual. Obviously they want you to grow and be successful in your role, but that is not the only thing that management cares about. There is a true sense of family at this company.

Cons

There is a small amount of favoritism within the organization. You can over come this, yet it gives some people an unfair advantage/disadvantage.

9. "Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Power is a people first organization in every sense. They are 100% committed to making sure that the people who work here are truly happy and thriving and that our customers are treated like gold. Last resume I'll ever write , couldn't be happier!

Cons

The hours can be tricky at first to get use to but after time and the initial trainings are over the schedule becomes very good and manageable.

10. "Mentor/ Consultant"

Current Employee - Mentor in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Mentor in Boston, MA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is no business culture anywhere in the world to rival that of Power's. The people who begin as peers end up as family. The growth opportunities are endless and the income is directly correlated to the personal production.

Cons

Nothing worth while is easy. The thoughest part of this job is looking in the mirror and accepting when we need to improve personally and taking the necessary steps to do so.

Advice to Management

Allow consultants the opportunity to collect residual income on projects that they earned in the past.