Power Home Remodeling Reviews in Elkridge, MD | Glassdoor

Power Home Remodeling Elkridge Reviews

Elkridge, MD

5.0

Pros
  • Bonus - when the company meets their goals they reward you with a trip to Mexico the week before Christmas (in 40 reviews)

• The earning potential and opportunity for upward mobility is limitless (in 70 reviews)

Cons
  • Work environment is difficult enough going door to door but to do it when it's 0 degrees or 110 is hell (in 80 reviews)

• Finding work/life balance at first can be hard to achieve (in 55 reviews)

1. "Amazing Opportunities at an Incredible Company!"

Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Truly a place that rewards hard work and dedication, you're only limited by the limitations you place on yourself. The majority of upper management came from entry level positions, so they understand the business and what their people go through on a daily basis. Power excels at helping people reach their full potential as leaders. Open discussion, feedback and ownership is encouraged. Power is ever changing, growing and evolving into a better employee driven company.

Cons

You really need to enjoy striving to be the best and hard work it takes to reach your full potential. Being lazy or having a negative attitude will not get you very far. Not sure that's really a Con....

Advice to Management

Continue to stay in tune with your people across all departments and positions. Learn, thrive and adjust to and with the feedback you receive.

2. "My personal Power story"

Current Employee - Pre-installation Inspection Manager in Elkridge, MD
    Current Employee - Pre-installation Inspection Manager in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Power is truly a company with nothing but upward career potential. I have been working at Power for almost 5 years now. I started with the company as a Marketer, which really helped me build personal as well as professional skills and taught me how to talk to complete strangers and make them comfortable with you. It also taught me about the industry and the products that are offered by home remodeling companies.

After over a year in Marketing I transitioned into the Sales department as a Remodeling Consultant. This was not just handed to me, it was earned. As a remodeling consultant I learned how to build true relationships with others that I have never met before and how to help people out with home remodeling when they really don't think it's something they need or want , when in reality they want AND need it they just need to know why it makes sense. I learned ALOT as a sales representative.

I made my most recent transition into the operations department as a Pre-installation manager in Feburary of 2014. I have excelled at my position and plan to continue to move around to different positions in the operations department.

If you want to find your TRUE POTENTIAL, then this is the place for you!

Power has comradery like no other place I have ever seen. These aren't "co-workers" these are my brothers and sisters.

The best work functions and events possible, as well as bonus and gift incentives. Not much more you can ask for in a company.

Cons

Honestly there are slim to zero cons with the company. Depending on how your current work schedule is , the house may be different from what your used to but if I could adapt so could anyone!

"Working within the Power Culture is a Unique, Challenging & Rewarding Experience"

Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Power HRG delivers on their promise to provide opportunity for growth, advancement and upward mobility for those willing to consistently go above and beyond.The company makes great efforts to foster camaraderie among it's employees. Senior management is always available for guidance, feedback and support. Although a lot is expected of Power People, a lot is also given in return. I love being a part of the Power family and can't really imagine being anywhere else.

Cons

For those looking to just "show up" and put in your time you will most likely be disappointed; Power has extremely high expectations, but not any higher than you should have for yourself. I don't see that as a Con, but some may.

Advice to Management

Continue to adapt and overcome challenges as you have done over the years to maintain growth and success while staying true to your core values. Remember we rise and fall as a team and every opinion matters, never stop listening.