Power Home Remodeling Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5

1,195 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No work/life balance which is frustrating at times (in 103 reviews)

• Door to Door, won't tell you until you interview (in 100 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Marketing in Riverview, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Riverview, FL

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun job as a marketer, i was uncertain at first of the door to door thing but hopeful and it turned out better than i expected, they teach you everything you need to know for the job, the company is very professional and the pay scale is great.

Cons

None that im aware of.

Advice to Management

N/A

2. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Greenbelt, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is truly amazing, my co-workers on every level are like family. My team had the opportunity to win a promo and take a trip to Costa Rica!

Cons

The only cons are what you choose. Hard work and dedication are required for success!

3. "All this hype? Another good review?"

Current Employee - RVP in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - RVP in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lets face it, you are on this site because you are ready to make a change in your life. Lets do some research. Read the good reviews, the bad reviews....should I give them a call? Should I try and set up an interview? I was in the same shoes less then 4 years ago. I read the good reviews, the bad reviews, and everything in between. Of course your always skeptical with all the hype about "culture" and "upward mobility" and "unlimited income". I am here to tell you its not lip service - its the real deal. I joined Power less then 4 years ago and this company has changed my life and it can change yours too.

Cons

Did you read my Pros section?

"Personal Growth Company"

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time

Pros

The company constantly challenges and encourages you to work on outside your comfort zone.

Your background or previous employment is not as important on the type of person you are, and the values you have. You aren’t hired based off of what you know now, but how much you are willing and open to learn.

Unparalleled support from management and colleagues alike that is hard to explain to others who have not seen it first hand. The “pay it forward” mentialty from the top down creates an environment where everyone helps each other out, because some one else did it for then.

Cons

The schedule can be tough to adapt too if not worked properly.

You are constantly pushed outside your comfort zone. To some people this is a pro, but if you are looking for a “get rich quick” or a “cushy office job”, you will struggle with the desire for consistent improvement and everyone’s willingness around you to push moving forward.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on employees first.

5. "Platform to success"

Current Employee - RVP Marketing in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - RVP Marketing in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling (More than 5 years)

Pros

Power provides everyone with equal opportunity to be as successful as their work rate allows them to be. Where in other positions their are barriers that are impossible to breakthrough this doesn't exist at Power. As you rise through the ranks at Power you will also have the privilege of meeting some of the greatest people in the world and enjoying the benefits of an amazing culture.

Cons

Nothing comes easy, hard work is a must.

6. "Seriously, the best place to work in the country"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is my third year here at Power and before here I worked my fair share of dead-end jobs. That all changed when I joined PHRG. Being able to work for a company with such an amazing culture, with such great co-workers, and to be in a position with unlimited income potential is truly just incredible. Seeing the company grow with each passing year and knowing I'm playing a major role in that is just such a rewarding feeling as well.

Cons

As far as I'm concerned I don't see any cons. This is the perfect job with the perfect company. It's a work hard, play hard environment, so if you're not looking to work hard maybe this isn't the best place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep making this the best place to work in America

7. "#1 for a reason"

Current Employee - Vice President, Regional Sales Management in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President, Regional Sales Management in Houston, TX

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Power is an effort based company. If you put in the effort you are rewarded for it. I've met some of my best friends during my time with Power. I honestly feel like they are my family. Power is so different than your typical Sales and Marketing company or your typical contractor. The support system around you is top notch and everyone is invested in your success.

Cons

Learning to deal with your free time in an on-call schedule takes some getting used to.

Advice to Management

What's you're doing is working.

8. "I’m a better person"

Current Employee - Vice President Marketing in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Vice President Marketing in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Culture, the people, genuinely a family ...it’s not just sales and marketing firm, teaches you how to be a better person...more disciplined ...teach mentality and how to overcome adversity - has changed my life

Cons

Work life balance at times

Advice to Management

Proud to be here. Simple as that.

9. "Unforgettable Experience"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many good reasons to work at Power but the top would be Culture, Camaraderie, Development and income potential.

Specifically the culture is one of relentless dedication to improvement. Its hard to be unhappy with where you work when literally you and the people around you are constantly growing mentally, emotionally, professionally and personally.

Camaraderie: I came from the Marine Corps when I arrived at Power and if there is one lesson I learned in the Corps its "misery breeds camaraderie". Im not saying at all that I was miserable or that my peers were miserable at Power but the job comes with difficulty that only those to the left and right understand. So when you can lean on them in moments of triumph and defeat you gain a bond that is very special and camaraderie comes with it.

Development: I wouldn't be where I am today had I not been with Power. When I came to Power I was a young 22 year old man who was outgoing and confident but a little rough around the edges still from the Marine Corps. Power took all of my strengths and my weaknesses and taught me how to refine myself more into the consummate professional that is needed in todays work force. Im not saying I'm perfect now but my level of emotional maturity and mental fortitude is lightyears from where it was when I first sat in their interview room.

Income potential: Its not everyday you make 100K+ year after year in your mid to late 20s. Literally, year after year. Ill just say this. I own a home mortgage free. that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't worked at Power!

Cons

Time commitment and work life balance. Power wants to be the employees life and because they foster such a great community and culture inside the walls it becomes a natural reaction to live and breathe the organization. Thats not all bad, but when you become married and you have a child or children it becomes extremely cumbersome to continuously work 80+ hours 6 days a week. To their credit , they don't hide that at all and as I said above you are compensated HANDSOMELY for your sacrifices and praised for them as well. For me my time became more important than the money in the end.

Advice to Management

Bring your Quality Assurance management into each territory and have your Sales RVPS more experienced in the QA processes and procedures. Mimic the rest of the business in your QA department because it works incredibly well!

10. "Can't ask for a better job!"

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time

Pros

Culture, Opportunity, Support Structure, Money, Fun Atmosphere

Cons

The only cons I ever hear come from the very few disgruntled employees who think they deserve huge pay for very little work. Other than that, I honestly don't feel there are any cons to working at Power.

Advice to Management

Continue to do the things you have been doing that got us to this point. Continue to invest in your people. Never become to corporate.

Showing 1,195 of 1,213 reviews