Power Home Remodeling Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Door to door(giving free estimates not selling anything), hours arent typical 9-5 (in 84 reviews)

• Work/ life balance is not ideal (in 61 reviews)

1. "Great Opportunities, get ready to grind."

Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent potential for growth
    Excellent training and guidance for sales positions

Cons

Very hard to have a life outside of power, long hours.

2. "The best place to work"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Melville, NY

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People money benifits Management Office Culture Nitro

Cons

Sometimes management doesn't listen to the scenario and they already made up their mind because that's the policy

Advice to Management

having a hr dept in each office. Especially for specific scenarios like someone getting written up or just someone to talk to because although this is by far the best place to work this is still a sales office. And sales is very stressful.

"Not Your Typical Company"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coming out of graduate school, I was searching for a company that was expanding, had a lucrative compension plan, and a great sense of culture. I am fortunate enough to say I have found all that have been looking for and more with this company. Power means what they say and follow through on it too. A lot of companies put on a facade and make you think they have great culture. But many of my colleagues have only find that 9-5 desk job or the pay scale that really is not as good as it was made out to be. With Power, work is still a grind but it becomes a journey that you discover with your coworkers that leads to being fulfilled at the end of the it all. Whenever there might be some doubt that creeps into your mind, there is always someone around you to help pull you out of it or an event that Power has thrown that builds you back up. The more you contribute and invest in your craft, the more you get from your job. Eventually, without notice, it turns into a career. While I never thought working at a home improvement company would be so beneficial, I now can shape the life I have always dreamed of for not only the immediate, but well into the future.

Cons

You have to be prepared to invest your whole self into the your job. And it does not stop after training. You will need to constantly engross yourself in the knowledge of the industry and the art of earning someone's business. You will also need to let your closest family, friends, and loved ones know that your time is going to be limited with them. You will have people doubting you from the outside world but you will need to be strong enough to rise above the commentary and recognize nothing is given at this company but it is earned. If you are not ready to become a better you, this isn't the company for you.

Advice to Management

Remember what allowed us to grow into the company we are today. It is okay to slow down expansion in order to restock the figurative "pond" of leadership. We have a great thing going here. Continue to make the strategic decisions you have been making.

4. "A great company for the right people"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Power offers an incredible opportunity to those willing to put in the work. Some of the obvious benefits of working here are the end of year Mexico trip which is alway incredible, and the commraderie. The amount of friends I've made at this company are countless, not just in my home office but in other areas of the country.

Power is a great place for people who want to work hard and truly be rewarded, this year alone I am on pace to make more money than I ever thought but also won a trip to the final four, the Bahamas, and a weekend trip to Powers lake house in GA.

As far as growth, it is wide open here. Power is always looking to expand to new markets and bring the right people along to open these offices. There is also opportunity at each office currently where postitions are created for people who earn them. Power will give you everything you need to be successful, it's on you how those tools are used.

Cons

The hours are very hard to deal with sometimes and adjusting to that schedule is difficult. If you want to work a standard 9-5 this probably isn't for you. People who would say there isn't a work life balance with Power most likely weren't up front with their significant other up front about the schedule.

The other negative is that Power can sound too good to be true, initial training is very difficult and many people don't realize the work doesn't stop after the first month. This is not an easy job, if it were everyone would work here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, seems to be working.

5. "Great"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in New York, NY

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Income, enjoying the people I work with, feeling good about our products and services

Cons

Irregular work schedule requires weekends, nights

6. "Only One Year In and..."

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I took this job right out of college in the Summer of 2016. In my first full year, I made 75k. Currently being the half way point in the calendar year, I am on pace to make 120k and receive a promotion into leadership.

What makes this job different from any other sales role is how supportive of a network you have. Instead of competing against one another, you're all in it together to grow the office. The camaraderie combined with the continuous training throughout the process allows you to better yourself in ways you did not think were possible. If you take the leap of faith, the growth is explosive and the opportunities are endless!

Cons

This job isn't for everyone. You have to invest a lot of time and effort, but as is the case for anything worthwhile in life.

Patience is needed. The success isn't always immediate nor fully sustained, but if you put your head down and work, it will come.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

7. "Tenured Remodeling Consulatant's Perspective"

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a company that gives you the platform to create the future you desire. There are many different paths and avenues you can pursue to find happiness. Whether it is a career in leadership and management, whether it is a path down operations and logistics, or if you are looking for a perfect work/life balance in sales, Power Home Remodeling Group gives you the platform to create your own happiness.
    This is a company that provides a 6-figure income potential, great benefits, and gives you the opportunity for growth. The harder you work the more you make.

Cons

In my opinion, a lot of millenials expect to walk into a company and be handed a management position. There is a sense of entitlement. Here, at Power Home a Remodeling Group, this is not the case. The harder you work, the more you will make and the more opportunities will be provided to you.
    You will work hard, and you will put long hours in to prove that you are a hard worker. But if you can show you have a hard work ethic and the desire to be successful, then this shouldn't be considered a con.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to find more creative ways to connect with younger people to show them the opportunities here.
    If there is the ability to, maybe offering a pension for tenured reps so that incoming/prospective employees have long term aspirations to reach towards. Pensions are rare these days, but these are great perks that allow people to work towards something long term and build a long term sustainable career.

8. "Marketing- Mentor (Managment)"

Current Employee - Mentor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Mentor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working with Power for 4 years this month! Throughout my career I have seen the Chicago office blossom into the mega giant it is today. I personally have improved both inside and outside of work tremendously! The same is reflected within the office as well. It has taken trial and error and dedication for us to achieve the success we've gained. But without large sacrifices often you will find only short term gains. I am so, so proud to be apart of this family of hard working, daily inspiring individuals were I feel accepted and loved! If challenge and reward is what you seek you will not find it anywhere else at any other company other than Power Home Remodeling!!

Cons

Sudden schedule changes and long work hours

Advice to Management

Finding a better way to reward Saturday production and make better, more positive improvements

9. "Life changing."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture , atmosphere, and the respect you get from the bottom all the way to the top is second to none. The training they provide is amazing and top of the line. Before power I was lost bouncing around job to job trying to be happy and find a place that rewards hard work. Power is that company.

Cons

Can be long hours but very rewarding. Can easily work 8 hours a day but it takes more to be successful just like any other career now An days.

Advice to Management

Keep showing your people the respect and love you have towards them. It means more than you'll ever know.

10. "It'll change your life for the better"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Upward mobility has always been number one for me, and because of the endless opportunities I knew in my first week it would be my career. With so much expansion happening, you can live wherever you want and do the same exact job, or create a new position! All-inclusive paid trips to Cancun don't hurt either. 4 of the best times of my LIFE. Power has made me a better person.

Cons

Hours.. can be long, or on-call which obviously makes things difficult to plan, but it's definitely manageable, and more importantly, well worth it.

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to make a more concrete schedule for RC's.