Power Home Remodeling Reviews

Updated May 7, 2021

4.6
Pros
  • "Unlimited Commission earning potential(in 199 reviews)

• "All around great work environment(in 164 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I struggled most with adjusting to the work/life balance(in 271 reviews)

• "Long hours within every department(in 216 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Power Home Remodeling and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Amazing Culture with unlimited potential for both personal and professional growth.

Oct 8, 2020 - Remodeling Consultant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at the company is incredible! Weekly, monthly term outings, quarterly office outings, the last but not least, the annual company wide All inclusive Mexico trip (Like nothing you’ve ever experience before. Gets better every year) Exceptional income potential. I double my previous income within my first year. And as I get trained on other products my income continues to rise. The company has grown consistently for almost 3 decades. even during the Covid pandemic power continues opening up new offices around the country. Creating new opportunities for professional growth. If you love to travel, power allows any employee to travel to any territory throughout the country and work out of that office. Great company peak if you enjoy visiting other cities. Management truly cares about you personal development. I’ve worked out of multiple offices and each one I’ve experienced the same level of devotion to helping me achieve both my personal and professional goals. I continue to recommend my friends and family members to the company. I’ve gotten several friends, my brother, and random people jobs at power and no matter their background, from spacious workers, teachers, bartenders, sales reps, they all have the same response; power has changed their life for the better.

Cons

The biggest downsize that people have, is the hours can be unpredictable. Most homeowners are home in the evenings so that is when the majority of our appointments are run. But the other side of that is i get to spend most of the day with my wife and kids at home. Total hours worked are much less then you average career. (Especially for a 6 figure income).

21 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

outstanding company

May 6, 2021 - Remodeling Consultant in Chester, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

incredible opportunity to make as much money as you want to make. they provide the best training to be successful. the culture is unmatched

Cons

be ready to put in work

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Growth / Community / Family

Apr 20, 2021 - Creative Director of Military Affairs in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm surrounded by people everyday trying to be the best version of themselves. The only thing they may want more than that is for ME to be the best version of myself. Can't put a pricetag on that. Those same people challenge my world view and help me grow not as a professional but as a man and a human. Whether it's issues of race, gender, addiction or even mental health, I've grown immensely in the past 4 years and that is due directly to the people at Power I've been exposed to. Then there's the idea of family. I can't think of a single major family moment I missed because of Power. In fact when my family decided to move to Austin (when I worked out of the headquarters in Philly) Power, after asking me to come up with a plan, worked with me to make that plan a reality. Whether you work here for 2 years or two decades, I guarentee you'll be a better and happier person because of the time you spent working with this awesome community. (Also they play just as hard as they work and they work REALLY hard)

Cons

This isn't a place where you'll sit back and collect a paycheck. That said, if that's the kind of person you are, you wouldn't get hired here anyway. This isn't a place you can come and stay stubborn in your perspective. It will be challenged. It very well may be uncomfortable but you'll be a better person for you.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company for the right people!!

May 4, 2021 - Customer Development Representative in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely Amazing culture, if you enjoy talking to any and everyone it’s a great position. Always growing not only within yourself but also within the company if you put in the work. Great mentor ship that will help you become the best you can be!

Cons

Lot of walking, which I consider a pro cause it’s great for exercise but for some people it’s not for them. If you can’t handle rejection it’s going to be tough.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fun loving place of employment

Apr 16, 2021 - CDR Customer Development in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

In my short four months working here, I must say, this is the best job I’ve had. One big family that cares so much about their brothers and sisters. Noticed I said brothers and sisters! You’re not just a number working here. So much fun and learning who you are as an individual. You want to challenge yourself to reach your full potential?... come aboard. It’s never about the great money you can make working at Power for me... it’s the enjoyment along with reaching new levels of success. If you’re not having fun and loving what you do, why are you doing it?!! You’ve never had two of the most coolest, chill bosses ever in Asher and Cory.

Cons

I honestly have absolutely no cons regarding this place. I know whomever reading this may think negative and believe this is someone that’s paid to write a good review or whatever it is... no, come see for yourself that the words I’m typing is true!

6. 5.0

Hard work pays off

Mar 5, 2021 - Remodeling Consultant in Edison, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The job isn’t always easy, but it’s extremely rewarding. Put in the hard work and get the results to be as successful as you want. The only job I’ve ever had where you can have an uncapped salary where your grit and effort determines how much you make. Great company culture, and not in a cheesy way. I’ve made more friends here in the last 5 months than I have in the 6 years at my previous career. Schedule is on call so you have freedom to run errands and enjoy your day before appointments. Wouldn’t trade this for any other job out there. Team outings are always a blast. The company really goes above and beyond for you. Special promotions throughout the year to earn more money and prizes. Yearly trip to Mexico paid for by the company. Veteran friendly programs, women initiatives, and diversity and inclusion initiatives. The list goes on and on.

Cons

High expectations. You will spend a lot of time on your phone keeping up with the office. Working weekends. Work life balance isn’t a real thing. Only putting this here because if that is what you are looking for, this isn’t the right career for you. We practice work life integration, which is a pro for me.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Many opportunities for growth

Aug 13, 2019 - Remodeling Consultant in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I came to Power with absolutely no sales experience and Power gave me the tools to succeed from day one. The marketing and sales training programs are comprehensive and I felt prepared to go out and execute the position when training was over. They also have a great mentor/rookie structure set up so that you always have someone to look to for guidance when needed. I have also been very impressed with the culture of the company. I feel like I am surrounded by people who want me to reach my maximum potential and are always pushing me to be a better version of myself. Culture is strengthened by lots of outings, happy hours and fun activities outside work. Power also promotes from within, so upper management really seems to understand the daily struggles of the employees and because of that they can offer guidance and advice from their own experiences. Managers are also accessible and approachable. Most importantly, there is a lot of opportunity for upward mobility and a lot of focus is put on leadership development. If you want to grow in your career and also help your peers to improve, this will be a great opportunity for you.

Cons

The on-call schedule can be a bit tough at first, but once you get into the groove of the schedule and if you can manage your time properly, you will have plenty of time for friends, family and health. The company is also moving towards a block schedule, so that should also do a lot for the work/life balance.

71 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

My Power Experience

Apr 13, 2021 - Customer Development Representative in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will not find a stronger web of support, or positive corporate culture than that of Power. This company is truly invested in your personal success and provides not only the incentives to perform, but also the tools to make it happen.

Cons

For those that cannot be humble, positive, willing to learn, or have an ultimate drive to be better each day than you were the day before. This may not be the environment for you. The job can be a grind, and physical and weather conditions can be a factor, but it is what you make it.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Opportunity.

Apr 29, 2021 - Remodeling Consultant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited earning potential. Zero pipeline management. Super qualified leads sent to you and everything post sale is handled for you. Walk in, sell, earn commission, on to the next one. Best support and opportunity to sell in any sales position in any industry. Period.

Cons

Mentally taxing. Must be solution seeking instead of problem blaming. Anyone looking for excuses will find them and fail.

10. 5.0

A Company That Cares

Apr 15, 2021 - Customer Development Representative in Trumbull, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is by far the best company I’ve ever worked for. Power takes care of its employees in such a way that I’ve never referred to myself as an Employee. The Rewards for working Hard and staying dedicated is always there. No matter the day or time I always have someone to reach out to for both business and personal matters. Power Home Remodeling single handedly gave me an opportunity to build my life up and take care of my family. From the Pay to the People this job is where lives change for the better.

Cons

Lots of commuting for the time being.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,947 Reviews