Power Home Remodeling Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6

1,355 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Power has amazing all inclusive trip to Mexico at the end of the year" (in 54 reviews)

• "The amount of ongoing training and development they have available is second to none" (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • "No work/life balance which is frustrating at times" (in 118 reviews)

• "Door to Door, won't tell you until you interview" (in 106 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Power as a Whole"

Former Employee - Outbound Marketer in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Outbound Marketer in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture within this company is far different (in a great way) from other organizations. Management is well trained, passionate and knowledgable, these approaches and attitudes inevitable trickle down. There is an endless amount of upward mobility and professional growth within Power as well. The philosophy of the company is essentially to serve their employees first, because the company understands the value of having good and loyal workers. Power not only prepares you for other professional pursuits, but also for life in general. Their approach to work is very practical and empowering. While working at Power I was constantly pushed to reach my highest potential and always supported. This company does things for their employees that most people wouldn't do for their own family members. The earning potential is unreal and from my experience it changed a lot of people's lives financially, including mine. Power is also a progressive and innovative company that always looks to do things differently than other companies. Power puts on annual conferences addressing pertinent global, national and company wide topics/issues, which is always wonderful for a resume. If invited to the conferences they always cover major costs (hotel,food,flight). One of the things I like bout Power most is that no matter where you go, you can take you job with you in most cases. Power has expanded all across the nation and allows office transfers and relocation, sometimes with monetary compensation depending on the reason for the move. Not to mention, they have great benefits!

Cons

The hours can be rough whether sales or marketing, but as you earn your stripes and learn how to manage time ( which are skills that are taught within the organization) you get used to it. There is a lot of commitment when it comes to Power. Commitment isn't a bad thing, it just isn't for everyone. With the nature of the company and the culture, Power very easily becomes your life 7 days a week. Mainly because it is so enjoyable, but if you have a hard time being committed and don't like to be very engaged personally or professionally, Power may not be the place for you.... however it is worth a try! Every company has cons or negative aspects, but what sets Power aside from other companies is that your voice is heard. If there is something that you don't like, you can speak on it and not be uncomfortable. Change is something that is embraced within Power, especially if it can help them be a better company.

Advice to Management

Management at Power is always evolving. New ideas, concepts and approaches are welcomed constantly. My advice to management is to never lose the open minds that most, if not all of them have. I also appreciate the process of merit based promotion and advancement that management instills. Continue to be leaders in and out of the office and continue to empower your employees.

"Marketing Experience"

Current Employee - Outbound Marketer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Outbound Marketer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With Power being an elite company to work for, there’s tons of pros within this place. Family orientated, charismatic, personal development, exceptional pay, and overall some of the best customer service I’ve seen in a company.

Cons

So far I’ve been with the company for 8 months and have yet to find a con. If there’s been any issues I’ve witnesses or had personally, they tend to get taken care of fairly quickly. Not many companies have this luxury and I’m very grateful to have been given the chance to be apart of this team.

Advice to Management

Keep growing!

3. "Project manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work , friendly , customer service

Cons

Time consuming and takes up time from personal time

4. "Remodeling Consultant"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great advancement opportunities, money, and training.

Cons

Some people cannot handle the long hours as well as others. You get out what you put in.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

5. "Marketing"

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time

Pros

Great people and high rate of learning

Cons

Long hours and work environment

Advice to Management

Pull permits

6. "Great company, inconsistent management"

Former Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Power Home Remodeling (More than a year)

Pros

Young work environment, fun and challenging, excellent pay.

Cons

You’re dealing with constant egos. Management is very hit or miss. If you’re easily offended, avoid this place. It’s an HR nightmare where inappropriate jokes or even insults are widely common. They even sale a work t-shirt that makes fun of their HR compliance video that we are required to watch before employment. If that is your style, you’ll fit right in.

7. "Outbound Marketer"

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time

Pros

Great company culture for younger people. The position is fit for someone who is money hungry and driven. Good entry level job for someone coming into the sales world for door to door experience. No pressure sales job

Exciting sales promos and commission structure.

Cons

What they do not tell you is how you will be walking up to 10 miles a day in the heat, rain, freezing cold and some questionable neighborhoods. The job is 6 days a week every other week. Expect to be walking up to 6 hours per day.

The salary is terrible $500 taxed base a week. If you do not produce expect to not make much money. Most people make it until winter time.

8. "Power Veteran Experience"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being part of a company that is growing and looking for leadership is inspiring! The opportunities for expanding with Power are exciting.

As an eight year Veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, the Power Veteran Initiative struck a chord with me immediately. The Company's commitment to empowering and challenging Veterans mirrors the values and traditions of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Cons

Nothing at this time to report

Advice to Management

Keep growing!

9. "Field Service Manager"

Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get to offer a Superior product with excellent service before and after the job is done.

Cons

we need more people to work for us

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good people

10. "Changed my Life!"

Current Employee - Pre-Install Inspection Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Pre-Install Inspection Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Power doesn’t care whether or not you have industry experience. Power will teach you what you need to know, and invest in the resources that you need to succeed.

Cons

Work-life balance. We all work a lot!

Showing 1,355 of 1,375 reviews