Power Home Remodeling Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Door to door(giving free estimates not selling anything), hours arent typical 9-5 (in 86 reviews)

• Work/ life balance is not ideal (in 68 reviews)

1. "Sales Support Agent"

Current Employee - Sales Support in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ou can make a living wage and it can be very enjoyable. Management and employees have great communication and the company is reasonable in accommodating. You can find teamwork and positive support in most positions at our contact center. Also, these positions could be a good stepping stone or addition in your master resume. For company minded individuals, some have moved between departments. There has been a company wide focus on leadership in the company and also about women in our workforce, even a summit meeting.

Cons

You must be disciplined and focused to maintain a high level of productivity. Most positions require consistent effort and reevaluation/improvement. If you're a very emotional person, there is little room for negligence or negativity, no matter how commonplace this is elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Great Job!

2. "Power is not just a job, it is a career!"

Current Employee - Regional Project Coordinator in Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Project Coordinator in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing companionship, everyone is a team player, recognized and appreciated by management, healthy competitive environment where everyone wants their colleagues to excel and progress, management very involved with creating high level leadership- helping individuals grow in their career as well as personally

Cons

Need to get more women in the door! Since it is a construction company I think many women shy away, but if they gave it a chance it would be a worthwhile opportunity and a lifelong career.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!! Being involved in your employees personal adn career growth is so crucial, we are always looking to get feedback and better ourselves as well as bringing as much as we can to the table to better the company!

3. "Regional Project Coordinator"

Current Employee - Regional Project Coordinator
    Current Employee - Regional Project Coordinator

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Power cares about the success of every employee. They want their staff to be happy and fulfilled inside and out of the company. If you can dream it, you can build it at Power.

Cons

Power can become your life. Work a lot of hours and focus on career outside of work too

4. "Best place to work at"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation is amazing, clear path for upward mobility which you can attain at your own pace. Have top quality products & services you can stand behind. Millennial company that works incredibly hard to make an impact in the world and its employees. Paid trip to Mexico...need I say more

Cons

The amount of time the company asks you to dedicate outside of work can be overwhelming but nothing great comes easy.

5. "Outbound marketer"

Former Employee - Outbound Marketer in Wilton, CT
    Former Employee - Outbound Marketer in Wilton, CT

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for good pay, friendly culture, chance to advance to sales position, can meet some great, hardworking people here, sense of pride if you do well, boss treats everybody amazingly including taking them out to eat, good benefits, learn very valuable life skills and lessons while doing this job

Cons

Brutal days, door to door all day everyday, if there's food in your territory you can stop and grab something quick, if not, youre screwed, don't actually get back at 7:30, it's usually around 8pm sometimes a little later, except on Fridays, have to come in at least an hour early at least once a week, and forced to work every other Saturday for 5 hours without extra base salary compensation, high turnover job, very results oriented

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work leading the workers you have. For people given a contract to go into sales right away, make it clear that if they fail miserably at their outbound marketing goals first, that they will not get into sales. This way they are not misled when accepting the position. Other than that, terrific management here, highly motivating, friendly, get to know you and feel Important enviorment, special work culture. Keep it up!

6. "You hate sales because your not making them!!"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Wilton, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time

Pros

Power has changed my life for the better! I am college educated and married and was stuck in dead end jobs where everyone would through you under the bus to get ahead for a pitiful 50k-80k. Under the expert guidance of the Vice President of sales at the Connecticut office I jumped to over a 100k pay check in my first year moved my wife into a condo where I don't have to pay rent because we bought it!
    And are now starting a family. I am surrounded by support on a day to day basis Especially upper management in Connecticut I can't speak for the rest of our offices because I never worked there. But I hear great things also. Upward mobility is so easy and have been offered numerous positions. I will continue to be loyal to this company because they have provided that American dream we all want.

Cons

You hate commission sales because your not making them.

Advice to Management

Keep rocking

7. "Change your life"

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment, great people and location. I was given the opportunity of a lifetime that many are not offered in other companies. If you believe that you deserve something, you can go out and grab it. Power allows you to grow and let's you become the best version of yourself. Power bets on you as a person, and helps you live out your dreams.

Cons

It's hot in Florida

8. "I had to fight hard to get in with this company, and I am happy I did."

Current Employee - Regional Project Coordinator in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Regional Project Coordinator in Troy, MI

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

•Competitive pay, and benefits.
    •Management at all levels is supportive and approachable.
    •Goal oriented company with lots of opportunities for driven individuals. •They provide around 1,200 people an opportunity to go to a beautiful Cancun resort each year (you pay air fare).
    •Diverse work force focused on respecting all groups and backgrounds.
    •Progressive and innovative team that listens and encourages ideas from ALL employees at every level.

Cons

•Work/life balance. This job is very demanding and not everyone will be able to balance this. It can be done, just not everyone can do it.
    •Our current office space is subpar by Power's own standards. New digs are coming soon though!

Advice to Management

•Keep doing what you're doing.

"Best decision I've ever made"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Culture
    Very good income potential
    Leadership Development
    Opportunity for growth
    You are constantly challenged to improve
    Trip to Mexico

Cons

If you aren't willing to work hard/don't gave grit, this can be a difficult job

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employee happiness and keep challenging us/raising the bar

10. "office manager"

Pros

Family environment and lots of opportunity for advancement

Cons

Pay low on scale

Showing 988 of 1,002 reviews