Power Home Remodeling Reviews

Power Home Remodeling Co-CEOs Corey Schiller & Asher Raphael
Corey Schiller & Asher Raphael
2,906 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Power puts a lot of effort into creating a great culture and fun place to work.(in 509 reviews)
  • "The training is great and constantly improving to be more effective and set everyone up for success.(in 223 reviews)
  • "The people at people are great and will push you to be a better you!(in 194 reviews)
  • "The pay is great and is completely based on the amount of effort you put in to succeed.(in 114 reviews)
  • "Great management from CEO/ RVP's/ Directors(in 109 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Power Home Remodeling and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Best company out there

May 23, 2022 - Sales Mentor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and incredible atmosphere

Cons

If hard isn’t for you this company isn’t the place for you. If you want to push yourself you’ll make more money than anywhere else and have a great time doing it.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Rare to find a workplace like this

May 20, 2022 - Customer Development Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Leadership is so caring and supportive of everyone + incredibly invested in not only everybody’s success but also in ensuring each and every person’s mental + personal well-being are a priority. My previous job management didn’t listen to their employees or care about us as humans and we were treated as disposable, and I never expected to find a place so incredibly polar opposite of that -Haven’t even been here two full quarters yet and I have met so many incredible friends, the culture is unmatched and it’s tacky to say but we really are one big family -Unlimited earning potential (I think the average CD rep made $103k last year company-wide) -Continuous trainings always available to better yourself and gain more knowledge + skills applicable to this job -Super laid back environment, never thought I’d get a corporate job and not have to worry about things like tattoos/hair color/etc and there are tons of young and likeminded people who like to work hard and play hard -Tons of growth + relocation opportunities If you’re on the fence about whether this is for you or not, just give it a shot… they pay well during training so might as well try, that was my mentality. Never saw myself knocking doors. Leadership does a good job of hiring “Power people”, meaning they’re good at recognizing qualities in potential employees that will ensure they will fit into the culture and be happy and successful at Power, even if you have no related experience That was ridiculously long, but I only considered applying to Power after seeing such fantastic reviews on this app, so I hope mine will convince people to give Power a shot too

Cons

-The hours are good (12-6 with occasional 10am meetings and 4 hr saturday shifts twice a month) but if you want to really be successful and hit your numbers/goals you’re usually staying out late past the required end time (but again, it’s your decision/your choice of how you want to operate within the pay structure… you get out what you put in) -Be ready to grind through bad weather, tons of walking, and sometimes dealing with rude people, but on the flip side it’s nice being outside on good weather days, you get lots of exercise, and you’ll meet tons of cool homeowners and have great conversations too. If you’re pretty mentally strong, don’t give up, and lean on your team members and leadership when you’re struggling through tough periods, you’ll always get over the humps -Not a con but moreso advice… make sure you have a reliable car because you’ll be driving a TON… with gas prices right now it kinda sucks but again when you get massive paychecks it’s not so bad

3. 5.0

Career Experience

May 21, 2022 - Remodeling Consultant in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family oriented environment Financial freedom Traveling Hard work pays off and it’s rewarded in different ways Electric car stipend Diversity, Culture, Veteran Initiatives If you’re a veteran Power is for you

Cons

Paying for gas What’s funny, im actually trying to think of a con and i can’t. No i’m not a paid actor, I enjoy going into work

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not too good to be true, it is actually that good.

May 20, 2022 - Remodeling Consultant in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was an independent contractor in solar sales, and floundering between companies, trying to find leads and hoping installs went well. And then I took a job with Power Home Remodeling, and they were touting the benefits of working there. It seemed too good to be true, but they exceeded every expectation. They promised scrubbed leads, handed to you on a daily basis, an impressive commission structure, support to be the best sales person you can be and an amazing community of people at the office to help you and support you along the way. You can make real friends and real connections at this company. Whether you have sales experience or not, this company will help you become successful in an exciting and fun career.

Cons

The schedule is the only thing that is not preferable. Late evenings on weeknights is challenging for people with families. Once you work there for a while, you get more nights off.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's all about what you make it

May 18, 2022 - Customer Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture first and foremost is amazing. It was one of the main reasons I joined with power. I came from a company where performance wasn't appreciated. People's attitudes we're negative and everyone was out for themselves. At power, it's all about a growth mindset and putting in the work to make yourself a better person professionally and in your personal life and developing meaningful relationships. The leadership structure is similar to that of the military and being a veteran I can tell you it's run a thousand times more efficient than any military has ever been. The leadership is there to answer any of your questions and give you the best tools and knowledge to be successful. There's unlimited area to grow into the business. The volunteer opportunity and the amazing things the company does for different organizations and nonprofits, if you're into that type of thing, is widely available and encouraged to take part of. The camaraderie is unmatched in any other job or career.

Cons

I don't have any but when I see or hear negative feedback. It's typically from people who have a victim mentality, doesn't want to put in the work to make themselves good at the job, and doesn't have the true desire to be successful so they blame the business. It's not a over-the-counter transactional fast food type job where you just show up and get paid. You do have to have some sort of drive to be a better person and earn your money in order to succeed here.

6. 5.0

Remodeling Consultant

May 19, 2022 - Remodeling Consultant in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, Support, Guidance, Family, Teamwork

Cons

The schedule can be misunderstood by family members at times.

7. 5.0

What a place to work

May 19, 2022 - Customer Development Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best parts of working at Power aren't even related to the work you do. The best parts are how accepted you feel, you can truly be yourself at all times, the growth-- both personal and professional-- that I've gone through so far is incredible and I wouldn't think about leaving Power for even a second. I've had jobs in multiple fields throughout my years and nothing even comes close to the family I've made in just a short 16 months with the company. My best friends in the world are the people I work with.

Cons

There's really only one downside to working at Power and it's more of a challenge than a downside. The work can be incredibly hard, you're going to face some adversity head on, and it can feel overwhelming at times but on the other side of the coin that is what makes Power, the friendships you create, and the growth you endure so rewarding.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Full transparency and everything that is desired in sales role.

May 17, 2022 - Remodeling Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

All leads are provided. Healthy commission on production. Amazing bonus structure. No politics in career progression. So let based on productivity and leadership capability/potential. Robust front end training. Amazing culture.

Cons

The cons are if you have expectations of working a 9-5 type schedule. Given that your hours and the commitment is articulated before taking the job I can’t actually derive any downsides. Just know what is expected and it’s amazing.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A truly great place to work!

May 17, 2022 - Marketing in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, opportunities for mentorship and leadership

Cons

The hours can be demanding

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A career is given to you. What you do with it, is your choice.

May 18, 2022 - Remodeling Consultant/Sales in Melville, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I came in with no home remodeling experience, they trained me and had me ready to go within a month of sales training. The process isn't easy, but it's handed to you. I took my time to study it and learn it thoroughly. The schedule is great. No set time to clock in or clock out, but I'm averaging 25-35 hours a week and taking home $4k-$7k checks every 2 weeks. I'm barely scratching the Top 15-20 in the office, so there's a lot of guys/gals that are pulling in wayy more. There are some real insane numbers in the office. It's also commission only. This is the best environment for someone who wants to "get paid what they are worth." You want to clock in and watch the clock, this place is not for you. If you are constantly putting a little work in consistently, the results are more than I ever imagined. We are not forced to stay all day in the office or micromanaged. It is a great place that allows you to do your job great and be left alone (for the most part lol) as long as the work is getting done properly. Truly a dream come true in terms of what I was looking for in a company to make this a career. They are going to have to drag me out of here because I have no plans on going anywhere anytime soon. The innovation that I have seen on the inside has cemented my idea that Power is the place to be. Home remodeling is forever changing, and Power does everything to be the leader in the market space. That is something and someone I want to be part of and around. To the new guys who will have tough times.....Some people hit their stride faster than others. The beauty of this company is that if you got hired, they are going to take all of their time and resources to get you up to speed. They don't bail on anyone that has made it through the interview process. There's a reason why you made it into that training room, don't take the opportunity for granted and just keep learning the process!

Cons

On call schedule can take some adjustment. This is a mentally vigorous job, you have to be strong between the ears. You will drive a good amount. They don't pay for expenses.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,460 Reviews

Power Home Remodeling Reviews FAQs

Power Home Remodeling has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 3,504 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Power Home Remodeling to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Power Home Remodeling employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Power Home Remodeling. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

91% of Power Home Remodeling employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Power Home Remodeling 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Power Home Remodeling to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be workplace, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Power Home Remodeling Job Seekers