Power Home Remodeling Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 15, 2019
1,429 reviews

4.5

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Power has amazing all inclusive trip to Mexico at the end of the year" (in 56 reviews)

• "Second-to-none mentorship (literally not one person will tell you" (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be tough as you progress into higher leadership roles" (in 126 reviews)

• "Door-to-door marketing was not my cup of tea" (in 112 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Power as a Whole"

Former Employee - Outbound Marketer in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Outbound Marketer in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture within this company is far different (in a great way) from other organizations. Management is well trained, passionate and knowledgable, these approaches and attitudes inevitable trickle down. There is an endless amount of upward mobility and professional growth within Power as well. The philosophy of the company is essentially to serve their employees first, because the company understands the value of having good and loyal workers. Power not only prepares you for other professional pursuits, but also for life in general. Their approach to work is very practical and empowering. While working at Power I was constantly pushed to reach my highest potential and always supported. This company does things for their employees that most people wouldn't do for their own family members. The earning potential is unreal and from my experience it changed a lot of people's lives financially, including mine. Power is also a progressive and innovative company that always looks to do things differently than other companies. Power puts on annual conferences addressing pertinent global, national and company wide topics/issues, which is always wonderful for a resume. If invited to the conferences they always cover major costs (hotel,food,flight). One of the things I like bout Power most is that no matter where you go, you can take you job with you in most cases. Power has expanded all across the nation and allows office transfers and relocation, sometimes with monetary compensation depending on the reason for the move. Not to mention, they have great benefits!

Cons

The hours can be rough whether sales or marketing, but as you earn your stripes and learn how to manage time ( which are skills that are taught within the organization) you get used to it. There is a lot of commitment when it comes to Power. Commitment isn't a bad thing, it just isn't for everyone. With the nature of the company and the culture, Power very easily becomes your life 7 days a week. Mainly because it is so enjoyable, but if you have a hard time being committed and don't like to be very engaged personally or professionally, Power may not be the place for you.... however it is worth a try! Every company has cons or negative aspects, but what sets Power aside from other companies is that your voice is heard. If there is something that you don't like, you can speak on it and not be uncomfortable. Change is something that is embraced within Power, especially if it can help them be a better company.

Advice to Management

Management at Power is always evolving. New ideas, concepts and approaches are welcomed constantly. My advice to management is to never lose the open minds that most, if not all of them have. I also appreciate the process of merit based promotion and advancement that management instills. Continue to be leaders in and out of the office and continue to empower your employees.

2. "I love my job!"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Power Home Remodeling is a company that values hard work and integrity. They give you the necessary tools to succeed no matter which path you want to take. The people you work with become your family, and that's what Power is, one big family. They only promote from within so everyone starts in the same spot. This is a job that allows you to enjoy your life while at the same time loving what you do at work.

Cons

If you're not willing to put your best foot forward and push the envelope of your own abilities, it can be challenging dealing with the ups and downs of sales. The cons of this job are really what you make them to be.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees and continue to hire from within.

3. "Amazing lifestyle and high earning"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Wilton, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership as well as personal and career growth. I’ve learned more here as well as made more money than any other company I’ve been with.

Cons

Dealing with the public can be difficult at times, but ultimately rewarding

4. "Very Inclusive Company!"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has committed a lot to its diversity initiatives including the veteran’s initiative, the women’s initiative and the cultural diversity and inclusion. Because the pay is mostly based on bonuses and commission, you are paid based 100% on merit.

Cons

The schedule can be a little tough with working on Saturday’s but you are given 20 days off right when you start so that helps.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the diversity initiatives!

5. "Power is incredible"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant Mentor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant Mentor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture, fun atmosphere, ability to change lives and help people, day to day is not repetitive, challenging, earning ability, the management is amazing, ability to grow

Cons

Challenging but so worth it

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing! The time and resources you invest in all of the employees is amazing and we appreciate it!

6. "Your future potential is up to you"

Current Employee - Mentor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Mentor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The environment, the energy, the people.. right away you realize you are in a different type of work space. Now the training, the individualized help from everyone around you to help you succeed.. it becomes a place you can feel open and trust the people to your left and your right. The income and the potential earning income is truly based off your dedication to the craft, they will never hold you back from growth.

Cons

The schedule is what most would say is a con, but a lot of the times thats people who failed at the job due to not being able to hold themselves to a structure and stay organized in their day to day. It took me a little while but once you really figure out how to be more organized and structured in your outside life it allows an easy flow inside work. It takes a little bit to adjust to.. absolutely. But when you get it down, you feel like you are your own boss on your own schedule.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what we're doing. Try to be more clear with the people below you and continue to support the growth of every individual.

7. "People First Business, Best Culture"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Personal Development, Ongoing Training, Earning Potential, Upward Mobility

Cons

Irregular Schedule, work a lot of weekends

8. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Business Affairs Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Business Affairs Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture with a constant positive work environment.

Cons

No cons in working for this company.

9. "Veterans encouraged"

Current Employee - Outbound Marketer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Outbound Marketer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Getting out of the army and finding a good job was hard for me. Power is the first place to not only recognize the leadership qualities that veterans have but to also recreate the feeling of commadarie I felt in the military. It’s hard to put into words, but they somehow make me want to try my best each day.

Cons

Fighting peoples preconceived notions of “salesmen” can be difficult.

Advice to Management

Sustain the current method of management, it’s very effective.

10. "Culture Eats Strategy!!"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything!!! The people here are the best people I’ve ever had the opportunity to work with. They are so caring and will to help you succeed but the competition is also very high. That pushes me to work harder then I ever have which has lead me to being successful and very happy to be apart of power. Last year was the best year of my life and with all honesty it is because I found Power.

Cons

What we do at Power is not easy! We have long days and mentally it can be challenging but if you put the work in it is so rewarding and is totally worth it!

Advice to Management

Keep giving us the JUICE to grow the right way and help out people with their biggest investment!