Power Home Remodeling Reviews | Glassdoor

Power Home Remodeling Reviews

Updated Dec 11, 2019

4.6
  1. Featured Review

"Many opportunities for growth"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for less than a year

Pros

I came to Power with absolutely no sales experience and Power gave me the tools to succeed from day one. The marketing and sales training programs are comprehensive and I felt prepared to go out and execute the position when training was over. They also have a great mentor/rookie structure set up so that you always have someone to look to for guidance when needed. I have also been very impressed with the culture of the company. I feel like I am surrounded by people who want me to reach my maximum potential and are always pushing me to be a better version of myself. Culture is strengthened by lots of outings, happy hours and fun activities outside work. Power also promotes from within, so upper management really seems to understand the daily struggles of the employees and because of that they can offer guidance and advice from their own experiences. Managers are also accessible and approachable. Most importantly, there is a lot of opportunity for upward mobility and a lot of focus is put on leadership development. If you want to grow in your career and also help your peers to improve, this will be a great opportunity for you.

Cons

The on-call schedule can be a bit tough at first, but once you get into the groove of the schedule and if you can manage your time properly, you will have plenty of time for friends, family and health. The company is also moving towards a block schedule, so that should also do a lot for the work/life balance.

Power Home Remodeling2019-08-13
  2. "Seeing your impact everyday"

Current Employee - Communications in Phila, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You are able to see each day the impact you are having on our customers, our employees and the communities in which we live and work. From the c-suite to front line employees, decisions are made to do the right thing at all times—even when no one is looking.

Cons

It’s a growth organization and with growth comes change, which can be challenging.

Power Home Remodeling2019-12-11
  3. "Vp of Cultural Development"

Current Employee - Vice President in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing work environment with motivated and positive people. Fun atmosphere, it doesn’t feel like “work” through out the day. Upper Management does not lead as your boss but as your leader. The company invest in their people and happiness with our company initiatives such as our Women’s Initiative, Veterans Initiative and Cultural Diversity and Inclusion Initiative.

Cons

25 minute drive from center city but right off the exit.

Power Home Remodeling2019-12-11
  4. "Everything you want in a job"

Current Employee - Video Editor in Chester, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people, I really enjoy working with everyone

Cons

Like any job, sometimes you need to put in long hours

Power Home Remodeling2019-12-11
  5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Live the people that work here

Cons

Long hours, have to work hard

Power Home Remodeling2019-12-11
  6. "Happiest I’ve been in a while!"

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling

Pros

Training is structured so well from day one. Everyone in the office seems to push each other to the best of their abilities. Management truly wants to make sure new hires are up and running to be successful and everyone, no matter how high they are in the company, started from the ground up. Really cool game room for any downtime. Annual company trip out of the country.

Cons

Hours may be long, but if you truly want to be paid what you’re worth, the work has to be put it in. Nothing is given.

Power Home Remodeling2019-12-11
  7. "Horrible place to work for women"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture- The people at Power are the only thing that made me stick around as long as I did

Cons

Training pay for Sales Role is horrible Hours are 40 plus a work (No work life balance)

Power Home Remodeling2019-12-09

Power Home Remodeling Response

December 11, 2019Director of Digital Communications

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. This experience is certainly not the type we intend to impart on any of our employees. Feedback from our current and former employees can help us in real and measurable ways and we are always looking to improve and grow as a company. That said, the home remodeling industry is one that is typically considered "male dominated". At Power, we reject that narrative - we believe that not only can women succeed in the home remodeling industry, they can thrive here. This is one of the reasons why we launched the Power Women's Initiative - to discuss issues that women in the workplace are experiencing honestly and openly, while focusing on ways that we can solve those problems together. To learn more about what Power is doing to ensure a workplace in which women can thrive and achieve the career of their dreams, visit https://www.womenatpower.com/

Continue reading
  8. "Great for personal and professional growth"

Current Employee - Communications in Chester, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment to grow as an individual and as a department. There's a lot of variety in the work despite being an internal marketing team, offering opportunities to try new things and expand your skillset. Management is very transparent, open to new ideas, and willing to listen to issues as they arise.

Cons

The company is growing quickly, which means there are some growing pains and gaps in processes. Management is aware and always working to improve.

Power Home Remodeling2019-12-08
  9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for less than a year

Pros

Gives anybody and everybody an opportunity to advance their career and increase their social interaction skills

Cons

You must work hard and network to ensure your success

Power Home Remodeling2019-12-06
  10. "Fulfilling Job with a Strong Culture"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Chester, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Power pushes you to grow personally and professionally through its educational summits and conferences and through mentors and managers who truly care.

Cons

Sometimes there are tight deadlines and long work days

Power Home Remodeling2019-12-05