Power Home Remodeling Reviews | Glassdoor

Power Home Remodeling Reviews

Updated May 26, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • End of the year company wide trip to MEXICO - Best thank you trip ever (in 43 reviews)

• The earning potential and opportunity for upward mobility is limitless (in 70 reviews)

Cons
  • Door to door(giving free estimates not selling anything), hours arent typical 9-5 (in 77 reviews)

• Finding work/life balance at first can be hard to achieve (in 58 reviews)

1. "Leadership and growth"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been at Power for just over 3 years and in this short time, my life has completely changed both professionally and personally. The company gives you an opportunity to make your own path and really thrive. I recently came back from a Leadership conference and it was such an eye opening event. The unique thing at Power is the closeness that upper management has to all of their employees. You really have a voice in the business and can't help but to feel and amazing sense of empowerment. What really makes power special is the people. The positive culture that's been cultivated here, is simply unprecedented. The overwhelming support received from every level makes me happy to go to work everyday and change people's lives for the better.

Cons

If you are not willing to work hard you will not be happy. What I love about Power is that you get out exactly what you put in. This may not be for everybody, but for those willing to put in the work, the sky is the limit.

2. "Outbound Marketer"

Former Employee - Outbound Marketer in Greenbelt, MD
    Former Employee - Outbound Marketer in Greenbelt, MD

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Culture and Pay Structure. Everyone is there to help you make a better version of yourself and to succeed. The promos are unbelievable here from amazon gift cards to, MacBook Airs and trips to Vegas.
    Oh yeah and the annual company trip to Mexico is cool too

Cons

Can be a bit time consuming, but you ultimately control that by hitting your numbers

Advice to Management

Continue to train and keep the culture and promotions coming.

3. "Scheduling Agent"

Current Employee - Scheduling Agent in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Scheduling Agent in Phila, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The morale in this department is fun and welcoming. Promos to make more money often happens.

Cons

The job is very repetitive. The competition to make the amount of money to get by in life is draining. Females get away with more than males when it comes to dress code. Your paycheck is guaranteed to be over $1,000 each check.

Advice to Management

Minimize favoritism, stop making people feel like they have to go out with co workers. Make sure everybody feels welcomed

5. "Constant Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Power is always pushing you out of your comfort zone to try new things & grow as an individual, which is part of the reason I love it here. I feel fully supported by my managers & other employees, and honestly I feel like I'm part of a family at this company.

Cons

You are expected to work very hard, but you are rewarded for it as well.

6. "Marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere at Power is definitely one for people who strive for success and leadership in the work world. Everybody is driven to be the best they can be and are rewarded greatly for their hard work!

Cons

Work-life balance is definitely a tough one. It is definitely manageable if you are an organized planner but it is a very tough balance.

"Remodeling Consultant"

Former Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very thorough initial training. The company gives you a four week training program where you learn the complete sales pitch. The vast majority of the training involves memorizing the product, features and benefits of the windows. The products not terrible, but tends to be very expensive in comparison to similar quality windows.

Cons

The company is preying on young people willing to swallow their dignity if it means the chance to make "100K" a year. Realistically, the average sales rep is going to pull in 30-50k, which itself is not easy. You'll have to purchase a ridiculously high car insurance and pay for gas out of your own pocket. The management style could also be described as brainwashing as the majority of the "mentoring" they give you is designed to make you believe that you're the problem and the company only has your best interest at heart (obviously not true).

You're also going to be running one-call close sales appointments, meaning if you don't sell on the first appointment you don't get paid. That includes if the home owner calls back and decides to buy from the company even 1 day after you go and present the product. Makes for some questionable sales tactics they expect you to deploy if you want to be "successful."

The position can be described at best as stressful, and at worst a scam. There is the potential to make high commissions, but be prepared to "step out of your comfort zone" and basically say whatever you have to to make a sale. Also, the sales tactics are cheesy and reasonable people will be able to understand that you're there to sell them even if the appointment is setup as a "free estimate."

You'll also be running appointments 6 days a week, and they'll try and get you to socialize with the sales and marketing staff on your one day off.

"Home"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Power embodies what it means to be a young professional. From top to botrom the employees at Power are the most dedicated, hardworking, goal driven people you can surround yourself with. The culture is unmatched to anyone else in the country while providing a comfortable yet competitive environment allowing for anyone to succeed. It's not for everyone you do need thick skin and an internal drive for success however Power will give you every opportunity to succeed.

Cons

Sales are hard period so the jobs can be hard but that's with anything.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing people to find themselves and strive for goals they never knew they had.

9. "Can't imagine being anywhere else"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Endless opportunities for advancement and growth, incredible culture/family atmosphere, people are truly happy and positive coming into work every day, your hard work is always recognized and rewarded, uncapped commission, ongoing training, and everyone around you wants you to succeed. I can't imagine working anywhere else.

Cons

If you don't have a strong work ethic, this is not the company for you.

10. "Office Manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-I am the source of information in my office.
    - I have benefits
    - At 1 year, I will have a 401K
    -I get to see our employees develop their careers. (interviews,onboarding paperwork, first appointment, million dollar rep.) The progression is awesome to observe.
    - I get to develop relationships with vendors and local festivals.
    - I get to hold a lot of responsibility at my office and keeping it running.
    - Rules and regulations are always improving and I get to be apart of the process.
    - I get to learn and use top of the line technology.
    Honestly, the list is endless. I love my job, and all of its quirky duties. I love helping people and being apart of their lives, and I get to do this at my job.

Cons

I would not say there are cons to my role. There is never enough time in the day, but I love how involved in the OM role is. I would not change anything about it.
    I think our vision plan could be better. I had to switch from biweekly contacts to Monthly contacts, because the insurance did not cover my biweekly contacts. It is not a deal breaker, I just prefer to change out my contacts every two weeks.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! I love my job!

11. "Female EmPOWERment !!!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The culture is beyond amazing
    - People here WANT you to succeed and provide you with top notch training to be successful
    - Womens Summit! - Women Leadership Conference - Extremely supportive of growing females in the business
    - Managers run trainings constantly to help you learn, grow and develop throughout your career. You never stop learning.
    - Social events throughout the year
    - Amazing support system
    - Excellent Benefits
    - Technologically advanced company
    - Work hard play hard mentality
    - End of the year company wide trip to MEXICO - Best thank you trip ever!

Cons

- Work life balance may be difficult in the beginning for some

Advice to Management

Always forward, never back! Keep up the great work!