Power Home Remodeling Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
  1. "Amazing!"

Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with the best people. Everyone is supportive of each other and there is a ton of room for growth.

Cons

Your “pay” can be compensated from the amount of socials and events given to you. Aka can be given smaller pay for the about of other benefits you’re given.

Power Home Remodeling2019-12-19
  2. "Best place for upward mobility and fun."

Current Employee - Administrative in Chester, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Besides the perks of trips, outings and conferences the biggest pros are the culture of fun and positivity and the flexibility to work as you need to. Not a lot of companies grant the autonomy Power does and there is a certain level of freedom that comes with it.

Cons

The job regardless of position are very difficult. Staying mentally tough is key. Only worrying about what’s in your control is a difficult thing to manage at time.

Power Home Remodeling2019-12-17
  3. "This is a fun, challenging career!"

Current Employee - Business Affairs Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than a year

Pros

The job you are performing every day is always different yet there are solid guild lines on completing every task and challenge! Thus is a job and challenging position and I highly recommend it for anyone who likes to think on their feet.

Cons

Some weekends. Must be willing to work hard and adapt quickly!

Power Home Remodeling2019-12-17
  4. "In charge of your own career"

Current Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The creative atmosphere where my ideas are listened to by management and applied to create a better environment for our employees is the reason I work here. That and the life long relationships I’ve created with my coworkers. Those are rare.

Cons

Sometimes I’m pulled away from home a little too much, but that’s more my own doing and my own choice to advance my career than it is the company forcing me.

Advice to Management

Continue the trend you’re on of making the company more fit for older employees with families.

5. "Meh"

Former Employee - CDR

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are great. Leadership does alot to show they care.

Cons

Long hours, lots of things outside your control that effect your performance and therefore, your pay.

Advice to Management

Shoot straight with your interviewees. Those that are applying for an in home sales position are going to be extremely disgruntled when you inform them they are in fact going door2door. There are many people who Excell at this line of work, find them instead of throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks. Op

Power Home Remodeling2019-12-27
  6. "Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Riverview, FL

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can make a lot of money but the odds are against you. You will see this if you are there for any length of time.

Cons

You will probably will not make half of what they say you will. The turnover rate is super high. You will work a crazy amount of hours and come in on days off for pointless meetings. The list goes on and on just look elsewhere and get a real job. This isn’t a true sales job because you don’t negotiate prices as a marketer. No work life balance. So many things need to go right for you to make money. Even if you do your job and set the appointment. The customer needs to answer the phone for conformation, all homeowners need to be home, they need to have good credit, they need to not cancel the appointment or reschedule it, they need to give the sales person about 3 hrs or more of their time, certain structures we will not go too, sometimes they have damage and we can not leave them a price. More times then not the appointment you set will not estimate. Your money is in estimates. I recommend getting a sales job where when you close you make money period !Not one like this where all these other factors come in and mess up your money. You also are limited in what days you can set appointments for here . Where other sales jobs you pick any day and time then go sell the product. You also never have a consistent schedule at least not in Tampa FL Retail. They always change the hrs and days you work even some weekends. They also roll appointments if they don’t have enough sales people, this is when they call the customer and move it to the next day and the marketer loses the estimate and money they would have gotten.

Advice to Management

Take away base pay and make the marketing role strait commission. Pay out more and allow the marketer to get credit for the estimate even when it’s rescheduled. Pay higher bonuses and commission but no base pay. Don’t make people come in on their days off and make a schedule that is consistent and not always changing. Stop playing mind games with people. If you want to fire someone just do it , don’t torcher them. Stop letting people walk on you and set the standards high. Getting rid of base pay would weed out the lazy people fast.

Power Home Remodeling2020-01-17
  7. "Vp of Cultural Development"

Current Employee - Vice President in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing work environment with motivated and positive people. Fun atmosphere, it doesn’t feel like “work” through out the day. Upper Management does not lead as your boss but as your leader. The company invest in their people and happiness with our company initiatives such as our Women’s Initiative, Veterans Initiative and Cultural Diversity and Inclusion Initiative.

Cons

25 minute drive from center city but right off the exit.

Advice to Management

Don’t stop putting who before what.

Power Home Remodeling2019-12-11
  8. "Everything you want in a job"

Current Employee - Video Editor in Chester, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people, I really enjoy working with everyone

Cons

Like any job, sometimes you need to put in long hours

Power Home Remodeling2019-12-11
  9. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Live the people that work here

Cons

Long hours, have to work hard

Power Home Remodeling2019-12-11
  10. "Happiest I’ve been in a while!"

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling

Pros

Training is structured so well from day one. Everyone in the office seems to push each other to the best of their abilities. Management truly wants to make sure new hires are up and running to be successful and everyone, no matter how high they are in the company, started from the ground up. Really cool game room for any downtime. Annual company trip out of the country.

Cons

Hours may be long, but if you truly want to be paid what you’re worth, the work has to be put it in. Nothing is given.

Advice to Management

The training manuals are beyond helpful.

Found 1725 reviews