Power Home Remodeling Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
  1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is great and the pay is phenomenal!

Cons

Schedule can be demanding but it's what you sign up for.

Power Home Remodeling2019-11-01
  2. "Power has changed my life and my family’s lives forever!"

Current Employee - Sales Mentor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at power can open people’s eyes to a new level of financial and personal growth you won’t find anywhere else. The culture and people you work with are second to non and the way your coworkers want to assist you would make you think your career wasn’t in sales.

Cons

The schedule can be tough for people who struggle with personal time management.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing! The innovations you all are putting in to place to make a power an even better career never go unnoticed.

Power Home Remodeling2019-10-30
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales Mentor in Melville, NY

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management, office culture, chance at working your way up, compensation, its a motivating place to work, if you find success you feel a sense of purpose.

Cons

Awkward hours, Work life balance is tough because of the hours and high expectations

Power Home Remodeling2019-10-31

"Scam - do not work here"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Wilton, CT

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time for less than a year

Pros

Honestly, none. You have to have a five word minimum.

Cons

This job is a huge scam. They try so hard to sell you on how amazing the company is, how you're going to make 100k, and how everyone loves it. In reality that is not the case. When hiring they make it sound like a sales/ marketing in job, but in reality it is a DOOR TO DOOR SALES JOB! You are taught to memorize a script and lie to homeowners about being "in the neighborhood for a project" when in reality you get into a van, drive sometimes multiple hours, and dumped in the neighborhood to walk around no matter the weather. There is NO easy access to bathrooms, and you are encouraged to just go in the woods. What are women supposed to do, huh? You are not by the van so if you need to go, you have to call the van driver, who is not even in the car themselves and have them come pick you up. Home owners HATE power sales reps. During my training, I watched a power sales rep make a home owner CRY! He harassed her about having both spouses home, she explained her husband recently passed, and he then asked her TWO more times just to make sure there was not another male that was on the deed who was alive. She eventually broke down in tears, and slammed the door. It was horrifying. You dont even leave the neighborhood until 7-8pm. They do this on purpose to interrupt people's dinner times to insure they're home. Trust me, this is such an unpleasant way to work. If you have a college degree RUN!!!!! You can do better!! recent college grads - DO NOT work here!! This place is a glorified frat house full of testosterone filled men obsessed with power - it seriously has a cult like following, its creepy. DO NOT waste your time, 95% of these reviews are fake, as soon as a negative one gets posted, it either gets deleted, or 20 positive ones pop up to cover it up. Most of the people working here are idiots, and not people you want to surround yourself with. No matter how many morning meeting you host blasting music, screaming at employees to try to pump them up, you cannot trick people into thinking walking through the streets for 8 hours harassing people to get a "free inspection" is a real job. It's just not. It is pathetic. read the yelp reviews, people do NOT like your company, and i feel bad for anyone who thinks they should work here. OH, and you only get 450$ a week, unless you get 3 people that want an inspection then you get like 75$ more or something. Literally, not even worth the money.

Advice to Management

stop lying to yourself that this is a good job.

Power Home Remodeling2019-11-26
  6. "Power Home Remodeling"

Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than a year

Pros

great commission structure

Cons

schedule can be improved please

Advice to Management

change the schedule

Power Home Remodeling2019-10-16

"Good money but you will be over it quickly"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time

Pros

good money , fun outings

Cons

The schedule is awful. You never know when you are working or where it will be. You will most likely not stay over 2 years. There were 6 people in my sales class and less then 2 years later everyone has quit. If you take a look at all the reviews you will notice they are all made by people under a year working there — They would give us amazon gift cards to write good things about the company.

Advice to Management

Stop with the favoritism/discrimination and the lies how the appointments are distributed.

Power Home Remodeling2019-10-16
  8. "Dallas Office"

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than a year

Pros

Room full of money hungry individuals Management will go above and beyond to equip you with what you need to succeed right out the gates Positive attitude people around you at all times, but also isn’t afraid to help build you up when needed Motivating group of individuals that all work towards one goal Super nice office and kept clean at all times Super friendly staff members on site

Cons

The job requires a lot of you. Which is very normal when they award you the way they did for your results. In the beginning it’s a little difficult to manage life/work if you have a family, kids, etc because of the schedule. You will have to prove yourself before getting put on the block. Again very normal, but having the discussion with your spouse of what’s going to change with your schedule would be very helpful.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead from the front and always come with that energy for our meeting every tuesday😎

Power Home Remodeling2019-09-18

"Good overall"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity to make money. Low hours with high potential. Good culture

Cons

Commission only, lots of driving, 6day work weeks, inconsistent schedule

Power Home Remodeling2019-09-26
  10. "Great Career, Great Leaders"

Former Employee - Sales in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership is unparalleled. great environment

Cons

Alot of meetings but you learn alot

Power Home Remodeling2019-07-24

"8/14/19 RUN D2D Scam"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Waltham, MA

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time for less than a year

Pros

•Most the reviews are fake, this is posted 8/14/19, and a day or two after you will notice this review to be hidden, or have over 20-40 plus positive reviews trying to hide this one. •The whole sales process is scripted, that means a monkey can do it if you repeat it enough times. • Asides that you will be an empty shell and essentially a human tape recorded throughout the whole process. •You will be told you are hired as an advance sales consultant, you will be told you’ll be doing outbound marketing, and they will lie to you and tell you it’s not door 2 door, until you begin your training two weeks later. •The job is very easy to get to, I’ve read a resume that was left around in van by an employee. I would have not hired him for a 40k job. They will lie to you and tell you the company is harder to enter, and more difficult to get into then Harvard. •They hire college students with no experience, as well as silver spoon fed children with no sales experience as well. If you’ve worked at a pizza shop, and have minimal professional experience there’s a very high chance you will get the job. •THE JOB REVIEWS ARE FAKE! THE COMPANY PAYS FOR MARKETING, ON ALL SOURCES OF THAT REFLECT UPON THE TRUE VALUE WND FACE KD THE COMPANY.

Cons

•You will be deceived, you will be knocking door to door, and they will not tell you. They do not sell ethically, they take advantage of the old and senile when knocking on doors, and selling them products. •Management will try to keep you from quitting and try to sell you the job. •Whoever does your interview will interview based solely off a script, and will sell the job to you very well. •PLEASE STAY AWAY, I hope no one experiences all the lies and deceptions I did while being there. •There is a VERY high turnover rate, while being there I’ve seen 8 people quit throughout the timespan of a month. •The money is there, if you enjoy knocking door to door. •I would’ve taken them to small courts and sued for wrongful hiring, if I kept the promises in text. •ASK FOR A CONTRACT BEFORE AGREEING TO ANYTHING.

Advice to Management

•Acknowledge and defer, is the strategy they will sue when you ask if it’s door to door. •The reviews are fake here, the ceo will tell you they invest much money into marketing and fixing their reputation. •Do not lie to successful candidates, you are interfering with their cash flow and causing disturbances in someone resume and life. People quit their jobs to get better ones, not the other way around. •Do not sell the job to anyone, it’s not ethical hiring, and the company deserves to be sued. •TURN OVER IS SO HIGH, the company has an iPad and iPad labeled, EXIT INTERVIEW only, and it us d for nothing else.

Power Home Remodeling2019-08-15