Power Home Remodeling Scheduling Agent Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 3, 2019

4.0
  1. "Good"

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great company, Push you to be better every day. Pretty much working with your friends everyday

Cons

A lot of work of hard work but makes you better

Advice to Management

great leaders, not just your bosses but someone you can always talk to

Power Home Remodeling2017-06-01
  2. "Harder you work, the more money you make."

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get paid alot if you produce alot.

Cons

If you miss one day or 2 in a week because you had a death in the family or any type of emergency situation, you will not be able to make bonus pay and your paycheck will set you back in life.

Advice to Management

Too much to advise.

Power Home Remodeling2019-06-03
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Compant Review 2017-2018"

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture and the people make this place unbelievable. Our job isn't easy or always pretty so I am glad there are coworkers, including senior management that support and make sure your thoughts and ideas are heard.

Cons

Work/Life Balance can be hard to maintain an equilibrium with.

Advice to Management

A company is based on change and opportunities has to have efficient communication. I would definitely recommend taking our communication to the next level in terms of making sure everyone is on the same page with expectations and work ethic.

Power Home Remodeling2018-06-22

"Scheduling Agent"

Current Employee - Scheduling Agent in Phila, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than a year

Pros

The morale in this department is fun and welcoming. Promos to make more money often happens.

Cons

The job is very repetitive. The competition to make the amount of money to get by in life is draining. Females get away with more than males when it comes to dress code. Your paycheck is guaranteed to be over $1,000 each check.

Advice to Management

Minimize favoritism, stop making people feel like they have to go out with co workers. Make sure everybody feels welcomed

Power Home Remodeling2017-05-20

"Power takes advantage of those without college degrees and recent graduates who have never worked for a real company"

Former Employee - Scheduling Agent in Chester, PA

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you work hard (and most importantly work every weekend and more than 60 hours per week), you will do well Many different job opportunities Good option for those without degrees While here, you don't have friends unless they also work at Power

Cons

Training offered by the company is low quality and focuses more on aspiration and motivational thinking rather than best business, sales, or management practices Communication from the CEOs is vague and full of feel-good platitudes rather than providing data and information to employees on the company's standing and performance You will only do well if you work more than 50 hours per week and if you're okay with working very late hours (until 8 or 9pm) and almost every weekend. It is not mandatory, but this is what you need to do to perform well compared to your co-workers. You are viewed as not a hard worker if you don't work nearly every weekend. Favoritism is rampant within certain departments. Stop promoting your friends to upper management when they have no experience. It's obvious to all employees. No designated personal or sick days. Just "paid time off" Work/life balance is very poor Managers are promoted quickly, without much training which makes it difficult to take them seriously as superiors. This is a con for those looking to advance, because there is not much training which in turn will make it difficult to do your job Fraternity environment--where is HR??? Co-workers are crass and unprofessional Heavy emphasis on drugs and alcohol. Company sponsored binge drinking at all events. There is no separation between manager and employees. There should be a level of professionalism if you're a manager and you shouldn't be socializing or going on vacations with those who report to you.

Advice to Management

Encourage employees to have a life outside of Power! It's great that you offer so many activities and bonding experiences, like Mexico, but when you're spending over 60 hours per week to do well at your job, the company needs to understand that you want some personal time and not necessarily to be attending a company sponsored happy hour or event. Allow employees to direct their own careers! Companies that are well-run allow employees to apply for job openings. The way that Power works is you can only transfer to another department with approval from your department supervisor. Information is not made readily accessible to employees. You must rely on your supervisor to find out about promotion opportunities. There is no individual Improve Human Resources! The Power Human Resources department does not follow best practices at all. Many at Power have no experience working at other companies, so they are continuously taken advantage of. You need to have designated sick time and personal days. Some employees in my department ended up "owing time" to their department because policies are not clear. Provide quality educational/training opportunities! Much of our "training" involved hearing from motivational speakers. This was really interesting, especially hearing from Colin Powell, but it doesn't help you develop any tangible skill sets. It would be wonderful if instead of providing low-substance training, the company invested in providing business or sales classes. Implement stronger performance review process! There is no time set aside to meet with your manager to set SMART performance goals. Performance reviews are not based on numbers, data, or sales goals met, but seem rather arbitrary. It would be so helpful if there were more explicit directives on how to improve your yearly performance and if you and your boss were able to write out professional and performance goals for you to work towards throughout the year. A majority of companies have a review process like this, and I really can't figure out why it doesn't exist at Power. It helps to develop stronger employee/supervisor relationships and is a helpful way for both the employee to reflect on their performance I think Power has the potential to be a great company, but it needs some work in how it's run on the department level.

Power Home Remodeling2017-04-19
  7. "A Work Place For Those Who Want To Become Great"

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to advance in your career, as a professional and to grow as a person. The chance to learn from people who started exactly where you did and faced the same types of challenges. Doing something you did not think you would be capable of and exceeding those expectations and limitations you set for yourself. Overall a great work environment and culture.

Cons

We work very hard and often long days. There is also a period of time some new hires experience trouble learning material unfamiliar to them. Management acknowledges that there is a learning curve and there is always someone to help but it is up to the individual to step up to the challenge.

Advice to Management

What is very important to me is the focus on the chain of command. Trusting people to do their job and leading by example. This is already evident and practiced, I just believe it is important.

Power Home Remodeling2016-10-19
  8. "Inside Scheduling Agent"

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for less than a year

Pros

Upward mobility, mentoring, strong leadership, lots of incentives, and consistent goals. Strongest family culture I have ever witnessed.

Cons

Depending on department can be an emtotional/psychological grinding with customers, but well rewarded

Advice to Management

With the constant new training classes, it's easy for a rookie member who is taking longer than usual to go unnoticed at times

Power Home Remodeling2016-04-12
  9. "Power: Putting People First"

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for less than a year

Pros

The opportunity for growth here is real, and it's in front of you if you work hard. Within this growing company, Power cares about its people, and provides unmatched opportunity for development and leadership. I've been with the company for less than year, and I've been able to experience various facets of the business. Being able to understand the bigger picture of the company has only helped me to be better at my job. The culture? Now, that's the best part about working at Power. I've never seen a place where so many people enjoy going to work and still feel challenged to be better than they were the day before, but at Power that's the norm. My coworkers that I met through working here have become my closest friends.

Cons

We are growing - so our current office is becoming too small for us (luckily, plans are in action to expand our office very soon)

Advice to Management

Continue to challenge us, and motivate us to be better. I always felt like a leader, but at Power I've learned how to harness those skills and put them into action thanks to the mentorship of management and support of the people that work here.

Power Home Remodeling2016-04-08
  10. "Figure out what you want from the company and they'll help you get there."

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to move anywhere in the company. I started out in marketing, moved to scheduling, and I'm starting in the accounting department at the end of the year to pursue a career in what my major was in school. In each department I've been in, I've seen people create brand new positions when they saw a need that would benefit the company. Training is thorough and designed to make you thrive in the position you get. As long as you show you are willing to put in the work they will find a place for you to be successful.

Cons

Depending on your position there's varying schedules and hours of work. You have off for most of the national holidays but you'll have to work that weekend.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep an open dialogue for employees to express where they'd like to be in the company.

Power Home Remodeling2015-12-13
  11. "Marketing/Scheduling Agent"

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, great culture, and plenty of opportunities to move up within the company. Free Xmas trip to Mexico every year. Constant training, and help from co-workers. They're always having promotions, competitions, and incentives for their employees to make more $. A job that helps you learn self discipline and goal setting in order to succeed. Work hard, play hard mentality. The company is always hosting open bars and events to show their appreciation to their employees. A fun and upbeat place to work!

Cons

Having to work weekends is not too great, but they're short shifts.. Also having to work mandatory shifts to make up time off for holidays

Power Home Remodeling2015-12-11