Power Home Remodeling Reviews in Stratford, CT | Glassdoor

Stratford, CT

4.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Door to door(giving free estimates not selling anything), hours arent typical 9-5 (in 84 reviews)

• Work/ life balance is not ideal (in 61 reviews)

1. "Work at Power!!!"

Current Employee - Pre-Install Inspection Manager in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Pre-Install Inspection Manager in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Power is one big family. You work with your best friends everyday. It is all organic growth. Everyone truly cares to help. One big team. The opportunity for growth and upward mobility in the company is open to anyone. I started here just about 5 years ago right out of college and I don't see a need to ever have to find another job. Work hard play hard.

Cons

Not a con in my opinion but you will have to work hard everyday. Any position at Power is a tough one, if it was easy then everyone would do it. You will be challenged mentally.

Advice to Management

I love where the company is going. Seeing the growth and change of the company over the past 5 years is crazy!! Looking forward to see what the next 5 years will bring and beyond!

"A half measure"

Former Employee - Field Marketer in Stratford, CT

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gain great experience dealing with loads of people
    Opportunity to make a lot of money

Cons

Base pay is NOT enough to get by.
    Permits rarely issued. You can get stopped by police and people have been even arrested.

Advice to Management

Grow a conscience.

3. "Thumbs Up"

Former Employee - Field Marketer in Stratford, CT

Pros

Atmosphere was not comparable, everyone was young and energetic and supported each other to achieve the same amount of success.

Cons

Just a little tough to get going and become consistent but other than that I would say the cons are limited.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive enforcement, I've never had a manager support and motivate like I did while I was there.

"Do NOT work there"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Stratford, CT
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Stratford, CT

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fellow employees were nice people
    Company had a decent pay structure
    Benefits for full time (as expected)

Cons

Managers play favorites
    Work Life balance is terrible
    No christmas bonus (Either you take a trip to mexico or you get nothing....payroll dodging)
    They leave you to knock on doors in the snow and terrible rain storms
    Mandatory unpaid weekends
    Despite what they say...there is little to no room for ACTUAL advancement. Do not believe the BS they feed you at the interview
    you WILL NOT IN ANY MEANS make close to the money they project you can make. It is close to IMPOSSIBLE to make 70 to 100k a year knocking on doors...

Advice to Management

Stop lying to employees. Run the company less like a circus and more like a company. Stop lying to customers. Stop telling people Power is rated A+ with the BBB, is a part of NARI, and has a 98& customer satisfaction rate. They do NOT. It is all false. Also, stop ridiculously overcharging homeowners for your mediocre products..

5. "Power is a life changing opportunity where you will grow on a personal and professional level. You become a better YOU."

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with your best friends and creating life long relationships turns work into a fun and competitive environment. There is always someone there to help you or help challenge you to push you to the next level in what you are trying to accomplish. Talk about having support and then some. There is endless opportunity to grow within the company as Power likes to only promote from within. This is a career opportunity, not just a job. The harder you work and the more effort you put in the more money you can make!

Cons

The job is challenging and requires a strong mental toughness to go through the daily grind, but the potential reward/pay far outweighs the daily obstacles. You work long hours and get home later than most but I can also say I make more money than most people who work a typical 9-5 desk job.

Advice to Management

No advice for upper management, they already do an amazing job with how they treat and care for all of their employees and customers. One thing that would be good would be to get some more face time with management. Try to make it out to different offices throughout the year.

6. "Looking for a Career, found one plus a family"

Former Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Stratford, CT
    Former Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Stratford, CT

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great earning potential(anyone can make $70k to well over $100k as long as you work hard) , great training, great leadership, amazing support system(you can call anyone at anytime for help), really good monthly and quarterly incentives, growing so there are tons of opportunities for those willing to step up, and lastly amazing culture. I moved from Florida to CT and everyone from the RVP to my mentor/manager to my peers all took me in as a friend and eventually family. Its not a cut throat sales environment, everyone wants to truly see you succeed. Regrettably I had to move back down to Florida for personal reasons but I learned tons and made life long friendships. Had I stayed I would definitely be looking forward to growing with Power. Oh did I mention yearly all inclusive company trips to Mexico with a guest with performers like Snoop Dogg, Sublime with Rome and LL Cool J.

Cons

The schedule can be a bit hectic when you first start but you get used to it. Just be flexible, the money makes it all worth it and over time you earn different perks which also make the schedule easier. No other cons besides that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. I always felt like the employee was just as if not more important than the customer and that feels great to have a company stand behind you.

7. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Stratford, CT

Pros

The company believes in its people and goes above and beyond any financial means to do so. The company's morals and ethics are truly world class.

Cons

Really no challenges to the job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what is working.

8. "At Power, I have been given the guidance and support that has helped me grow on a personal and professional level."

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At the Connecticut office the people here are the strongest assets. The management is constantly pushing you to better yourself and do whatever they can to help you reach your goals. There is a true brotherhood mentality that is deeply rooted within the foundation of this office and the willingness of each employee to go above and beyond what is required is truly something unique. People that work here come from all different walks of life, but what they have in common is the desire to change an industry for the better by helping one family at a time. I come from a background in finance and in previous jobs the environments were very different than Power's. At Power you have the ability to grow within the company and be recognized from day one. You are provided with all the support and tools you will need to be successful. From the initial learning program, ongoing training sessions and annual leadership conferences it is clear they are all designed to help you grow as a leader, because Power wants to grow organically. This is a true investment in the people of this company and it shows. The people here are some of the hardest working I know and with this opportunity hard work pays off and you are rewarded for it. The company rewards hard work through new promotions and incentives each month with many different prizes. They even give you the opportunity to take a trip at the end of each year to show their appreciation and this continues to demonstrate their investment in their employees.

Cons

The biggest challenge is the demanding schedule that requires you to work at odd times during the week. However, as you progress within the company you will have the ability to form a schedule that works best for you and your family.

Advice to Management

Always remember the employees are the lifeblood of an organization and continual appreciation is one of the most important ways to keep a happy, healthy and ever growing company.

9. "My second family"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited earning potential and a culture that is among the best I have ever worked with. The culture is very similar to Best Buy in the late 90s to mid 2000s. Definitely a perfect example of the American Dream, work hard, and be rewarded for it.

Cons

Need to be a mentally strong person in marketing and sales. Being told no can be a hard pill to swallow, but you need to forget about it before your next appointment or set.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what we are doing

"life changing."

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Stratford, CT

Pros

Like anyone seeing this company on paper and coming in for an interview I was definitely skeptical not sure i could really believe what they had to offer. I started at this company when I was 22 years old fresh out of college, and I could already see the room for growth the minute I walked in the door on my first day. I worked in the marketing department for 2 years where i made over 50 thousand dollars fresh out of college my first year, where I was then promoted to management where I made 65 thousand dollars the next year. I did all this working in the greatest environment you could imagine where you come to work everyday with your friends. I was promoted to remodeling consultant (sales) after my second year and have been there for around 4 months and the room for growth and potential has never been more evident and have been compensated heavily for it where I am already on pace to make over 100 thousand dollars this year at 24 years old. This company is not only life changing but also the best decision Ive ever made for my career and my life.

Cons

hours are a little crazier than usual but anyone looking for a solid path to success won't let that get in the way