KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Power Home Remodeling

Engaged Employer

Power Home Remodeling

Add a Review

Power Home Remodeling Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Nov 30, 2021

Found 222 of over 3,748 reviews

4.5
Power Home Remodeling Co-CEOs Corey Schiller & Asher Raphael
Corey Schiller & Asher Raphael
3,091 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "A lot of companies put on a facade and make you think they have great culture.(in 559 reviews)
  • "Training is great and very comprehensive.(in 235 reviews)
  • "The people at people are great and will push you to be a better you!(in 213 reviews)
  • "Pay is great and the company does a lot of events to give back to the employees.(in 129 reviews)
  • "Great management from CEO/ RVP's/ Directors(in 120 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Power Home Remodeling and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great employee culture

Apr 20, 2020 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Power for many years now. Great culture with great people. Combines competition with motivation in a great work environment that has a heavy focus on personal development. Unlike other sales organizations, the sales people here genuinely want to help each other which is rare. The company and top leadership are very smart and capable of leading the organization. Incredible investment in training and tools to make the processes more efficient.

Cons

Work life balance very tough In some positions. Can be very political.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

GREAT COMPANY THAT REALLY CARE ABOUT EMPLOYEES

Jun 28, 2016 - Quality Assurance Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a company, Power HRG really takes the time to make sure that they take care of their employees. They find that investing in the employees happiness and careers really will get the best out of them. The performance bases bonuses, trips, promotions really motivate every employee to work for the company because of what the company does for them. Power does a great job of laying out expectations and also giving every employee the opportunity to succeed and not give employees a chance to fail. The last pro is the amazing work environment and culture that the company has created. It is truly a family feeling that every employee was a part of growing. This was not a forced idea but an idea and concept that every employee took part in.

Cons

Some cons, there really aren't many may be the longer hours and drive times but overall PowerHRG does a great job of listening to employee feedback to make the employee experience the best that it could be.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic Company to Work For

Jan 21, 2015 - Remodeling Consultant in Greenbelt, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working with this company for a year now and the opportunities they provide you with are endless. If you are looking for a position where you can work with your best friends, make endless income and have the opportunity to travel, this a company worth applying to. They continuously promote from within and always provide great incentives there employees to hit there goals. Looking to win I-pads, Computers, trips to Hawaii, or large gift cards for simply doing your job, this is what Power Home Remodeling will do for you. If you are a hard worker and love the more effort you put in the more you get rewarded than this is the position for you. Everyone in the company enjoys hanging out inside and outside the office which has created a great work environment.

Cons

- Must Be Able to work flexible hours, although you may work less hours than your friends you must be prepared to work on a on call schedule.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Culture, Work/Life balance, Goals, Career Advancement

Nov 14, 2021 - Customer Development Representative in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The great thing about working at Power Home Remodeling is how transparent they are in the job description/interview process. Company culture was emphasized when I first started looking into the company. After working at Power for sometime, I believe that company culture is a major component to why working at Power is so great. I have made many friends in the short span of time I have been employed with them and I’m sure to make more in the future. The work environment is very goal oriented and pushes you to do the best that you can. Lastly, career advancement was very important to me as I am a recent college graduate who just entered the professional workforce. Career advancement is very achievable in this company as long as you work hard.

Cons

I don’t find there to be many cons due to the fact that my vision of a workplace aligns with how Power is currently operated. From the perspective of someone who does not share the same vision as I, work/life balance would be a drawback. The job itself is result driven, and those who like to exceed standards may struggle to maintain a balance of their work/life.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Odd job

Feb 10, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people you work with are all very nice and friendly.Good Environment to be in. Everyone does help each other to learn and get better at the job.Good Benefits. CAN earn commission if you are good at the job. Good two week training to get the hang of it.

Cons

Now for the cons, It is an odd job to being with. You start off going door to door. dropped off in a van all day just knocking on doors trying to get people to sign up for free window estimates. it's hard. and tiring. the hours are very long, and the vans are assigned to all the Houston cities so you commute in the van in a group an hour a day there and back sometimes. Also you are always on the chop and block here. if you aren't getting estimate sign ups and get at least decent at the job you are fired within two months no matter what. it's not an easy job to get the hang of.a lot of pressure for such little pay. Monthly after taxs it's only $1600 a month. so if youre not good at the job and not earning commission then it's really hard, and not worth the hours and lack of home life. If you like door to door go for it., but its definitely not for everyone.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work, if you are a hard worker

Nov 17, 2015 -  in Chester, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Power for over a year now and I am been very happy with my time here. The company will only be getting bigger and stronger in the years too come, so with hard work the earning potential and upward mobility will be achieved for any employee. The work environment in the office and my peers truly make it easy to come to work everyday. Also, Management has the best interest of their employees which is always comforting.

Cons

The hours of operation can be tough. It is not a typical 9-5 for every position and working weekends is sometimes required.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome culture with great earning potential

Feb 25, 2015 - Sales Representative in Greenbelt, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is my first job right out of college. During my initial interview I was told that I could earn between 70-90 thousand my first year. I decided to take the job thinking that even if this was a slight exaggeration, I would at least make 60 thousand. Turns out that everything they said in the interview was true and my first full calendar year I made 110k and put up over a million dollars in volume. The culture is amazing and I couldn't imagine a better work environment than the one we have at Power. Everyone in the organization truly wants to change the industry for the better and the executives genuinely care about the employees, and they show it with amazing bonuses, dinners, trips to Mexico, etc. The opportunities within Power are endless, and I am extremely happy that I decided to take this job.

Cons

Not a 9-5 job. You must work evenings and saturdays.

7 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Door to Door marketing

Sep 26, 2012 - Marketer in Stratford, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good bonus structure and unlimited earning potential. The people you work with are young which creates a great environment to work in.

Cons

Can you walk door to door for a living?

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Regional Project Coordinator

Jul 31, 2018 - Regional Project Coordinator in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Power really strives to help their people succeed. There's a strong focus on personal development. It's a safe work environment and courteous like no other place I've experienced. Everyone really cares and is engaged in each other's lives, extending to our customers

Cons

The work can be very demanding and high performance is expected however, management does a great job of reaching out if anyone is struggling.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great organization to build a career!

Jun 25, 2019 - Mentor in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Power is a great environment to build a career if you put in the work. The culture is great and they seek to hire good people. If you start with the right person everything else can be trained. I have had several friends come to work for power and they love it. The earning potential is incredible if you put in the work. The training is great and constantly improving to be more effective and set everyone up for success. The only people who fail here are those who don’t put in the work. Power gives back to the employees with open bars, events, off sight leadership conferences, concerts, vacations, group outings, etc.

Cons

Like any organization there are always cons but the pros in this company outweigh the cons tenfold. Focus on what you can control and you will succeed.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 222 Reviews