Power Home Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ben Brookhart

Pros
  • The product is simply cutting edge (in 3 reviews)

• I've been with this company for many years (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • There are not a lot of full time offices so travel for training and in-person meetings and events will probably be necessary (in 3 reviews)

• currently there are no cons to this company (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Area Sales Representative in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Area Sales Representative in Savannah, GA

Pros

Top pay always on time. And we get to have a lot of fun throughout the year

Cons

There are no cons. The best company in the security industry !! Boom Baby!!

Advice to Management

Lots of managers opportunities

2. "made money"

Former Employee - Branch Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Sales Manager

I worked at Power Home Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

was great until alliance took over

Cons

allaince took over and now its hard out there

3. "Not a job...a career."

Current Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many incredible qualities within this company. Having worked in the industry for years before finding Power Home Technologies, I was unsure of what to expect. The leadership and support is FANTASTIC and the commission is by far the best I've seen in the industry. Anyone with work ethic, who enjoys flexibility and quality of life, will absolutely thrive here.

Cons

I've sat here for 5 minutes trying to think of one. The producers get heavily rewarded with incentives and bonuses, while minimal producers just collect a nice paycheck. Not really a con, just something to expect right out the gate. It's a very fair system.

Advice to Management

What you're doing is amazing. Don't ever change!!

5. "Amazing people!!!!!"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Sandston, VA
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Sandston, VA

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are a Christian based company that will work with you on any problems that may come up. I accepted an offer as a sales rep, and the next day my grandmother fell ill, she was in and out of the hospital for about a month and then past away, I have not even sold my first system, but they are still treating me like I have been there for decades, I'm truly amazed at the way they all gathered around me to help me through get through this rough time in my life, I am so glad that I have finally found a place as a salesman where the company is NOT concerned about sales first!!!!! They actually care about their people. And for that , I will be forever great full. I mean, I was very worried that if I took the time to be with my grandmother before she passed, that I would lose a great opportunity, and the Managment put my worries to rest as soon as they heard about my grandmother, they actually said " you need to go be with your family, this opportunity will be here when you come back" and I was able to spend time with my grandma without feeling like I was going to be unemployed.

Cons

I have not seen any yet! I do not foresee any. As long as the commissions stay good, and the mindset stays the same, I don't think there will be any problems.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, as long as you put your employees first, you can never go wrong!

6. "Awesome"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charleston, SC

Pros

Training was the best for this position!

Cons

I was not prepared to become full commission, I left my full time job ready to get out there and knock on doors but failed to make any sales so I had to find another job in order to not lose everything I have. Be prepared!!

Advice to Management

Management was very nice, easy to talk to, provides leads for everyone, let's you be your own boss. Excellent commission.

Jun 14, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for the review! I'm sorry things did not work out. Full Commission is not for everyone but I am glad to see that you had a positive experience with our management team. If anything every ... More

7. "Alarm Company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Power Home Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of time to finish tasks and able to be of help to the customers.

Cons

High call volume and not enough help to cover work so added more of the load on remaining CSR's

Apr 5, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for working with us for over a year as a Customer Service Rep! I'm sorry we didn't meet your work expectations. I appreciate the honest feedback! -Ben Brookhart, CEO

"A Fantastic Career Move"

Current Employee - Security Sales Consultant in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Security Sales Consultant in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'll be straight with you, this position is cold calling/door knocking. When I left the interview, I had some hesitations, but decided that it couldn't hurt to give it a shot. I've held sales position before, but never a 100% commission door to door job. The two day training was very good, Mike Tutsie in Columbia is a great teacher/mentor. I can sit here and try to pump you up and list a bunch of positives, but I think it would be best for both you and me to cut all that out. Here's the deal: if you want a challenge, do this. If you really want to change yourself for the better, do this. If you would rather play it safe and just be a cog in the machine somewhere else, don't do this. My point is, I have been uncomfortable doing this. I have had to get over myself to do this. And thus far I have succeeded doing this. This is not hard, but it dang sure isn't easy. 90% of it is in your head and behavior. The product is amazing, it sells itself, but you have to get past your biggest hurdle: yourself. I've been at it for a short time now, and it's been awesone. I wake up in the morning, eat breakfast with the wife and kids, take them to school, then have an hour or two to myself to get ready and get my mind right, then simply walk out the door. Even in other sales jobs, I've always had to be at work at 6:30 or earlier. I usually start at 9 or 10 in the morning, even on day's we have meetings, and end my day around 5 o'clock. Add on top of that schedule the fact that I'm making more money than I ever have, and it's surreal. I'm not some greedy, hyper aggressive sale guy, and so far I haven't met anyone else in the company who is. We all know what we need to make to provide for our families, and we simply go out and do it. There's tons of support from management, but not any hand holding or babysitting. You're responsible for yourself, and that can truly be difficult at first. For me that level of freedom was kind of overwhelming my first couple of days, but like I said, management (Jack in Augusta for me) has provided tons of support, letting me ride along and even helped me close a deal or two, all while helping me hone my pitch and learn more about the company and product. All in all, this company and this career is amazing so far, and I honestly can't wait to get up everyday and go to work helping people.

Cons

As I said above, it isn't easy. You have to get outside of your comfort zone, and that's not for everyone. My advice would be to at least give this a try. You'll find out things about yourself that you never knew before.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I have literally gotten text messages of encouragement from the CEO/owner when I've gotten sales, as well as the Co-owner and VP of sales. These guys care, they want to see you succeed.

Apr 5, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for joining Team PHT! I appreciate you writing a very detailed and honest review of what we do and how we treat our employees. This business is not easy (nothing in life worth obtaining ... More

9. "Good job"

Former Employee - Installation Technician in Bunn, NC
    Former Employee - Installation Technician in Bunn, NC

I worked at Power Home Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Good employees to work with

Cons

Management not of good quality

Apr 5, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for working with us for over a year as an Install Technician! I'm sorry we didn't meet your work expectations. I appreciate the honest feedback! -Ben Brookhart, CEO

10. "Recruiting"

Current Employee - General Manager in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - General Manager in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good money if you're willing to work hard. Have been given everything promised me. Have plenty of family time which I love.

Cons

No faith in recruiting structure. Interviews consist of selling a job instead of the person earning the right to work for the company. Call me old school but I believe in the selection process based on qualifications. To much dog and pony show for everyone that walks through the door and then weed them out after wasting countless hours trying to sell them on the fact they can make money.

Advice to Management

Hire based on the ability to do the job and stop hiring everyone with a pulse. There are qualified people looking to work hard and earn money. They don't have to be sold.

Apr 5, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for 3 years of service! As far as recruiting goes I know it seems like a waste of time to interview so many people but we believe that everyone deserves a chance at an opportunity to change ... More

11. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Harvest, AL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Harvest, AL

I have been working at Power Home Technologies (More than 5 years)

Pros

family oriented environment and wonderful perks for top sales reps

Cons

there is no major downside other than seasonal changes which effects income flow.

Apr 5, 2016 – CEO

5 years and counting! Awesome! Thank you for dedication and loyalty to our company! We appreciate you! Ben Brookhart, CEO