Power Home Technologies Reviews

Updated Feb 12, 2020

4.5
Power Home Technologies CEO Jay Gotra (no image)
Jay Gotra
0 Rating
Pros
  • "I have been working with PHT since 2007(in 20 reviews)

• "The product is simply cutting edge(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you don't have a good work ethic you won't be successful at PHT(in 6 reviews)

• "There are no cons in my opinion(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"PHT is a diamond in the rough."

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been working with PHT since 2007.... There are thousands of home security companies but none shine quite like Power Home Technologies. We have 5-star reviews, great customer service, quality equipment, skilled technicians, knowledgeable sales consultants, and our leadership team is outstanding. Finding all of that in a home security company is rare! The earnings potential and opportunity to grow is unlimited. Additionally, the company offers quarterly sales contests where you can qualify for family vacations, NFL games, bonus checks, and more!

Cons

Nothing significant enough to even mention.

Power Home Technologies2019-09-05
  2. "$$ Great Money and Helping People!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Have fun, Help Families protect themselves and earn really great income.

Cons

Hard to come up with.

Power Home Technologies2020-02-13
  3. "Only the Best!!!"

Former Employee - Representative in Savannah, GA

I worked at Power Home Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

PHT continues to break the traditional dealer mold by providing everyone throughout the company cutting-edge instant support, innovative marketing, advanced training, motivation and much more! If you want a place to call home and want to surround yourself with winners, then look no further.

Cons

none come to mind that are recognizable.

Power Home Technologies2019-09-25

"POSITIVE, THRIVING, GROWING, SUCCESSFUL,TEAM ENVIRONMENT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The care for the employees is beyond compare. Family type atmosphere with longevity.

Cons

Really hard to come up with. Best company I have been involved in in the security industry.

Power Home Technologies2018-06-11

October 3, 2018CEO

Thanks for being part of our team for over 8 years! I'm glad that you feel the way that you do and you are part of our PHT Family! Boom Baby! - CEO, Ben Brookhart

"12 years! It's a family, not a job!"

Current Employee - Executive Administrator in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They really care about their employees and their family at PHT. The owners are honest guys with huge hearts. So many exciting things are always happening, they keep it interesting! I've been here 12 years and love coming to work every day!

Cons

I didn't start with them sooner! Lol

Power Home Technologies2018-04-18

May 9, 2018CEO

12 years!!! Boom Baby! We love you! We have been through a lot of change over 12 years but one thing that has always stayed the same and that is we care about our people! Thanks for your loyalty and dedication to our team! Boom Baby!! - Ben Brookhart, CEO

"Makes It Easy For Us Sales People"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The time, money and effort that are continuously put into making PHT attractive to the public is stunning (and I think overlooked by anyone not paying attention. Everything from keeping squared away with the BBB (A+ rating, and Accredited) -- to customer service that drives 5-star ratings with Google, Facebook, Angie's List, etc. -- to pay levels that are above industry average -- to, as the name implies, staying on the cutting edge of Technology -- to branding (social media, and Brinks Home Security recognition). PHT makes us unashamed to lay it all out for our prospects and customers -- proudly.

Cons

If I think of any significant ones, I'll amend this. :)

Power Home Technologies2018-04-17

May 9, 2018CEO

Thank you for the review and your 5+ years with Team PHT! We have worked so hard to maintain a 5-Star Rating with our customers. That’s not easy with over 100,000 of them but we give our best everyday. We have made some mistakes along the way (every company does) but when we do we try our best to make it 100% right with the customer! We will never give up on that! Boom Baby! - Ben Brookhart, CEO

"GREAT COMPANY"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work for yourself, unlimited ability to make money, great commission structure. You truly do get out what you put in and the tools are there to help you succeed. Owners take you on vacation if you hit quotas, and not cheap vacations, really luxurious getaways if you hit a certain number.

Cons

If your not sales orientated, shy, or just a slacker, this isn't the job for you. Nobody can make you successful here except yourself. They give you a company car plus gas after a certain number of sales a month. But if you aren't a go getter or self motivated, or easily discouraged. This isn't the job for you. However most people who stick around and have skills make a 6 figure yearly income.

Power Home Technologies2017-12-24

March 13, 2018CEO

Thank you for your review! You explained what we offer perfectly! See you in Cancun!! - Ben Brookhart, CEO

"Sales manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

GREAT pay. Management that's always available for help and communication. Transparent pricing. Quality product. Honestly, there's nothing about this company that isn't great! Everyone is like part of a family and gets paid for their hard work.

Cons

There really aren't any cons that I've found. If you put in the hours you get paid (and paid well!). The only thing some would consider a con is that you have to work and don't have management telling you what hours you have to work. So, tho I don't consider that a con, some less-motivated people could see it that way.

Power Home Technologies2017-09-22

September 22, 2017CEO

BOOM BABY!! Love the "fan-damn-tastic!" Glad to have you part of our team in Greenville, SC! You are going to do some BIG things this year! - Ben Brookhart, CEO

9. "Love my job!!!"

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

PHT has really been my home for the last several years. I have found my calling and continue to grow every day. The opportunity is endless. Love the people, the customers and most of all the boss!!! Ben is an amazing leader and couldn't ask for a better person or family to be part of! highly recommend working for PHT!

Cons

There are no cons in my opinion.

Power Home Technologies2017-09-08

September 9, 2017CEO

Thank you for your review! I'm glad that you have found a home a Team PHT and know that you have endless opportunities! You are part of our family! BOOM BABY! - Ben Brookhart, CEO

10. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Power Home Technologies is a great place to work. PHT uses the best equipment and state of art technology. We have the very best technicians in the industry. I am in the sales end of the business and I really love it. The harder you work the more money you make...it's just that simple! When your representing a company that is second to none the systems almost sell themselves. It's almost like taking orders. People are so happy with there systems & service that they refer me to their family & friends. If your interested in a career in the Security & Home Automation business you would be foolish not to look into a career with PHT!

Cons

There's not to much to say..."Work hard...make money. If you don't have a good work ethic you won't be successful at PHT.

Power Home Technologies2017-09-08

September 22, 2017CEO

You said it best that all you need to do is have a good work ethic and you can be successful at PHT! Thank you for being part of our team for over 3 years! I love loyal team members like yourself! Thank you for helping our company become the #1 Home Security Company in the Virginia Beach Market! Boom Baby! - Ben Brookhart, CEO

Found 66 reviews