Power Home Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Ben Brookhart

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There is nowhere like working at PHT (in 16 reviews)

• The product is simply cutting edge (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons in my opinion (in 4 reviews)

• There are not a lot of full time offices so travel for training and in-person meetings and events will probably be necessary (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Power Home Technologies is a great place to work. PHT uses the best equipment and state of art technology. We have the very best technicians in the industry. I am in the sales end of the business and I really love it. The harder you work the more money you make...it's just that simple! When your representing a company that is second to none the systems almost sell themselves. It's almost like taking orders. People are so happy with there systems & service that they refer me to their family & friends.
    If your interested in a career in the Security & Home Automation business you would be foolish not to look into a career with PHT!

Cons

There's not to much to say..."Work hard...make money. If you don't have a good work ethic you won't be successful at PHT.

2. "This is the place you want to be!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive environment, upper management/ ownership is deeply invested in your growth and success! There is nowhere like working at PHT.

Cons

You will be challenged to become the best version of yourself and that can make people uncomfortable! The con that isn't really a con.

Advice to Management

Keep setting the tone and example.

3. "Love my job!!!"

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PHT has really been my home for the last several years. I have found my calling and continue to grow every day. The opportunity is endless. Love the people, the customers and most of all the boss!!! Ben is an amazing leader and couldn't ask for a better person or family to be part of! highly recommend working for PHT!

Cons

There are no cons in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Love all of the mgmt team!

Sep 9, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your review! I'm glad that you have found a home a Team PHT and know that you have endless opportunities! You are part of our family! BOOM BABY! - Ben Brookhart, CEO

4. "Great company...all about the employees!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Power Home Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

To many to list. Wonderful company atmosphere. Feels more like family than work.

Cons

Work... Pay for performance. The harder you work the more you make. And vicea- versa.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on the employees and and the environment. The rest will take care of it self.

Mar 30, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your 8 years of service and positive attitude!

5. "Great company"

Current Employee - Area Sales Representative in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Area Sales Representative in Savannah, GA

Pros

Top pay always on time. And we get to have a lot of fun throughout the year

Cons

There are no cons. The best company in the security industry !! Boom Baby!!

Advice to Management

Lots of managers opportunities

Mar 30, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your review! We love to have fun at PHT!! BOOM BABY!!

6. "made money"

Former Employee - Branch Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Sales Manager

I worked at Power Home Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

was great until alliance took over

Cons

allaince took over and now its hard out there

Mar 30, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the review! Glad you made money with us for over 5 years! Alliance never took over PHT. They became a partner with us to give us Nationwide coverage. Things are great at PHT so we hope... More

7. "Not a job...a career."

Current Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many incredible qualities within this company. Having worked in the industry for years before finding Power Home Technologies, I was unsure of what to expect. The leadership and support is FANTASTIC and the commission is by far the best I've seen in the industry. Anyone with work ethic, who enjoys flexibility and quality of life, will absolutely thrive here.

Cons

I've sat here for 5 minutes trying to think of one. The producers get heavily rewarded with incentives and bonuses, while minimal producers just collect a nice paycheck. Not really a con, just something to expect right out the gate. It's a very fair system.

Advice to Management

What you're doing is amazing. Don't ever change!!

Mar 30, 2017 – CEO

WOW!!! Awesome review!! Love it! Thank you for sharing your experience for others to see! We are glad to have you on the team!

8. "Amazing people!!!!!"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Sandston, VA
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Sandston, VA

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are a Christian based company that will work with you on any problems that may come up. I accepted an offer as a sales rep, and the next day my grandmother fell ill, she was in and out of the hospital for about a month and then past away, I have not even sold my first system, but they are still treating me like I have been there for decades, I'm truly amazed at the way they all gathered around me to help me through get through this rough time in my life, I am so glad that I have finally found a place as a salesman where the company is NOT concerned about sales first!!!!! They actually care about their people. And for that , I will be forever great full. I mean, I was very worried that if I took the time to be with my grandmother before she passed, that I would lose a great opportunity, and the Managment put my worries to rest as soon as they heard about my grandmother, they actually said " you need to go be with your family, this opportunity will be here when you come back" and I was able to spend time with my grandma without feeling like I was going to be unemployed.

Cons

I have not seen any yet! I do not foresee any. As long as the commissions stay good, and the mindset stays the same, I don't think there will be any problems.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, as long as you put your employees first, you can never go wrong!

Mar 30, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the review! PHT is one big family that cares! That is how we have grown our company. Thank you for being part of it and I'm sure your Grandma is looking down from Heaven proud of... More

9. "Awesome"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charleston, SC

Pros

Training was the best for this position!

Cons

I was not prepared to become full commission, I left my full time job ready to get out there and knock on doors but failed to make any sales so I had to find another job in order to not lose everything I have. Be prepared!!

Advice to Management

Management was very nice, easy to talk to, provides leads for everyone, let's you be your own boss. Excellent commission.

Jun 14, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for the review! I'm sorry things did not work out. Full Commission is not for everyone but I am glad to see that you had a positive experience with our management team. If anything every... More

10. "Alarm Company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Power Home Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of time to finish tasks and able to be of help to the customers.

Cons

High call volume and not enough help to cover work so added more of the load on remaining CSR's

Apr 5, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for working with us for over a year as a Customer Service Rep! I'm sorry we didn't meet your work expectations. I appreciate the honest feedback!

-Ben Brookhart, CEO