Power Home Technologies Reviews

Updated Jan 11, 2021

4.3
Power Home Technologies CEO Jay Gotra (no image)
Jay Gotra
1 Rating
Pros
  • "I have been working with PHT since 2007(in 20 reviews)

• "The product is simply cutting edge(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "If you don't have a good work ethic you won't be successful at PHT(in 6 reviews)

• "High pressure sales, the "Pyrimid" style pay grade(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Only the Best!!!

Sep 25, 2019 - Representative in Savannah, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

PHT continues to break the traditional dealer mold by providing everyone throughout the company cutting-edge instant support, innovative marketing, advanced training, motivation and much more! If you want a place to call home and want to surround yourself with winners, then look no further.

Cons

none come to mind that are recognizable.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Out of Business - Bankrupt!!!

Jan 11, 2021 - Senior Sales Manager in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

None! Poorly run by an egotistical drug addict

Cons

Pulled every penny out of the company and didn't pay any of the suppliers

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

This was alliance out of rhode island dont be fooled look at their reviews to get a real picture

Jun 17, 2020 - Tech in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

if your choice is alliance now called power home technologies and homelessness, homelessness has more opportunities

Cons

they rountinely stiff bonuses on most techs and has a feel of a boiler room operation.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

PHT is a diamond in the rough.

Sep 5, 2019 - Regional Sales Manager in Greensboro, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working with PHT since 2007.... There are thousands of home security companies but none shine quite like Power Home Technologies. We have 5-star reviews, great customer service, quality equipment, skilled technicians, knowledgeable sales consultants, and our leadership team is outstanding. Finding all of that in a home security company is rare! The earnings potential and opportunity to grow is unlimited. Additionally, the company offers quarterly sales contests where you can qualify for family vacations, NFL games, bonus checks, and more!

Cons

Nothing significant enough to even mention.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to Build a Career On

Jan 6, 2015 - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

You have total freedom to make your living however you want, and however fits your lifestyles demands. It is commission, which most people are afraid of, but with a salary job, and many of them are under 60K a year, only pays you that amount, no matter how hard you work. At PHT you can make as much income as you choose to make by your work ethic and habits. There are NUMEROUS ways to generate business, and long lasting profitable referral relationships that can set you up for life. These systems save people's lives and this is a great company to work for. The people who are complaining on this site are too lazy to go out and work. It's not for everyone, that's for sure. Most people struggle with time mgmt and self motivation. But if you are organized, motivated and honest, you will help tons of people and provide for your family at the same time, with truly a 6 figure income. PHT pays the best in the business.

Cons

You don't have a boss looking over your shoulder telling you what to do. it's not east at first. You have to practice and prepare diligently in the beginning. Work smart, and have a plan each day. Once you master the basics, you are prepared for success. There are MANY way to generate business. And

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

Very well said! Thank you for taking the time to submit this review so other potential employees can see what we are all about. We appreciate your trust and loyalty with us! Thanks for being a great PHT Team Member!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Attitude = Success!

Oct 13, 2015 - Sales Representative in Columbia, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are just too many great things to say about this company, this team, this family! I am a brand new employee straight out of training at the Columbia, SC office and already I can see a difference that sets this company above any other I have worked with or for in the past. Literally walked in the door you can immediately tell from the way the walk with pride and carry themselves from the managers to the sequity consultants. They simply exude confidence and it is down right inspirational to have a conversation with any of these guys. They simply have that much presence. I am honored and fortunate to have such a strong support group that I know will be there to push me to the limits to seize my success. It really is a family and that is rare. The product is simply cutting edge! It is changing home security as I'm writing this review. This company is forward thinking and ever evolving and adapting. The interview process was professional yet extremely comfortable. These guys treat you like part of the team from the interview, to the training, and it carries over to the streets.

Cons

Your success is your decision. Your choice. You have to believe to achieve. They give you the tools, the knowledge, and the support. You have to take the journey. If you are weak willed you will have to adapt and overcome to flourish here.

CEO

Welcome to Team PHT and congratulations on your new career! You have already figured out the first and most important step to success....POSITIVE ATTITUDE! I love your comments and I look forward to meeting you soon! BOOM BABY!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing people!!!!!

Jul 20, 2016 - Territory Sales Representative in Sandston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are a Christian based company that will work with you on any problems that may come up. I accepted an offer as a sales rep, and the next day my grandmother fell ill, she was in and out of the hospital for about a month and then past away, I have not even sold my first system, but they are still treating me like I have been there for decades, I'm truly amazed at the way they all gathered around me to help me through get through this rough time in my life, I am so glad that I have finally found a place as a salesman where the company is NOT concerned about sales first!!!!! They actually care about their people. And for that , I will be forever great full. I mean, I was very worried that if I took the time to be with my grandmother before she passed, that I would lose a great opportunity, and the Managment put my worries to rest as soon as they heard about my grandmother, they actually said " you need to go be with your family, this opportunity will be here when you come back" and I was able to spend time with my grandma without feeling like I was going to be unemployed.

Cons

I have not seen any yet! I do not foresee any. As long as the commissions stay good, and the mindset stays the same, I don't think there will be any problems.

CEO

Thank you for the review! PHT is one big family that cares! That is how we have grown our company. Thank you for being part of it and I'm sure your Grandma is looking down from Heaven proud of everything you have done! - Ben Brookhart, CEO

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

A Company that can Change Your Life

Aug 12, 2015 - Director of Marketing in Mooresville, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had the opportunity to work for Power Home Technologies for close to five years. Looking back, I don't see PHT as being a company I worked for and then moved on from. To be honest, it feels much more like I moved away from my family. That's the thing about Power Home Technologies - it is a chance to connect with some amazing people, to build lifelong relationships, and to believe in something greater than yourself. PHT is the type of company that motivates you. They have endless parties, awards, contests, and even trips. Now, you would think those are the true motivators, but really, the true motivation lies in the personality of the company. I've changed a lot in my life and I would like to think that the greatest changes happened to me when I worked for PHT. Indeed, the contagious philosophy in the company seems to be: "We can all be better today. We can be better at our jobs, at our lives, better friends, better in our communities, in our families, and overall - better people. Why not take another step forward today?" And that is what I did. I became better in every aspect of my life. Not because I had to, but because PHT enabled me to believe in myself and in the accomplishments we can all achieve when we work together. How can you possibly beat a company like that?

Cons

Overall, I was very pleased with PHT.

CEO

Love the title of your review! That is so true! This business has changed so many lives for the better. Thanks for your time with the company! I'm glad to see it was a positive experience!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Calling All Hero's !

Aug 12, 2015 - The Hitman
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at PHT for 4 years and I can honestly say this company will get you paid, get your jobs in on time and stays up to date on all the most advanced equipment in the industry. Also if you are looking for a place to build a career this is the place for you there are so many advancement opportunities all you have to do is strive to get them - that's it! They do a great job to recongize top sales people and managers and the company parties and trips are always a blast. Come join the team you won't be disappointed

Cons

Just like anything else worth having in life sometimes it does not come easy. This business will beat you down from time to time - you must be strong willed and be able to look towards your success not expect it right away. When you master this business it will change your life -

CEO

3+ years! I love it!! Your comments on the Pros and Cons was spot on! Thanks for the advice as well! We appreciate you as a PHT Team member! You are a Superstar!!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome place to work!!!!!

Aug 11, 2015 - Installation Technician in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very family oriented, very professional organization who highly cares and has a great respect and consideration towards their employees, fun and enjoyable atmosphere, provides the best installation and service to all of its customers which delivers a high degree of peace of mind knowing that they are number one on the priority list. Overall a great place to be employed!

Cons

I hate to dissapoint anyone, but I really dont have any cons, except for not hearing about PHT any sooner. I am very happy with all aspects of this organization and I sincerely expect to be here indefinately enjoying and appreciating every minute.

CEO

Thanks for your dedication and loyalty to Power Home Technologies for 5+ years! Thanks for taking the time to give us a review for other potential employees to see what type of company we are!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Reviews