Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert J. Byrne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Landscaper"

I worked at Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great boss to work for

Cons

Hot weather in the summer time

2. "One stop for generators and ASTs"

I have been working at Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Working environment good people

Cons

None that are any worse than most

3. "Positive, Encouraging, Team, and Family Friendly Environment Company Wide"

Current Employee - Service
    Current Employee - Service

I have been working at Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Hard work, team oriented, and resourceful across all departments and regions.
    -Dedication does not go unnoticed.
    -Ambition and a willingness to learn is encouraged and will allow for more responsibilities and open other doors.
    -Review process is thorough and provides the employees with a blueprint for success.
    -Knowledgeable and seasoned staff with years of experience in the industry.
    -Innovative and forward thinking.
    -Support of technicians and the ability to provide good service trucks and equipment.
    -Meaningful work.
    -Great customer service.
    -401k is a plus.
    -Compensation is fair.

Cons

-Compensation versus Family Health is Costly

"The company you're going to retire from"

Current Employee - SSR - Support Services Representative in Upper Marlboro, MD
    Current Employee - SSR - Support Services Representative in Upper Marlboro, MD

I have been working at Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've spent 20 years in the power generation field and have been to a few places of employment. While each place is important in this journey, where it has taken me happens to be the best. From allowing anyone to do their job without micromanaging to allowing the trust of any employee, from the top down. The amount of help that is readily available (and willing) throughout the company is something that I am not used to and although there has been an adjustment period to understand this, the culture here makes it easy to do your job and not afraid to ask anyone any questions.

Cons

Due to the footprint of the company, meeting everyone who works with you may or may not ever occur.

Advice to Management

Keep trusting us, we will trust you. Take care of us, we will take care of you. But they already know that.

Oct 30, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Well said "SSR", I appreciate you taking the time to review. I think you hit it on the head about our culture. Just like any place, errors can be made. However, it is the culture in which we operate... More

5. "Operations"

Current Employee - Operations in East Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Operations in East Sioux Falls, SD

Pros

Positive work environment that fosters growth, respect and communication.
    Employed for over ten years and have seen the field service side and the operations side of the company. Nothing is ever perfect, something will eventually go wrong. No one is perfect. That's the nature of the beast. To all the negative comments regarding PPT- it is your fault you had a bad experience. As with anything in REAL life, you work hard, you make yourself an asset to your employer instead of a liability you would probably still have your job and be happier. If you work here and just do the minimum, do just enough to get by but expect great things-go back to sleep. Being a remote field engineer requires brains, a strong and honest work ethic, but most important, self reliance. No one is going to hold your hand or babysit you. You have to improvise, you have to communicate, you have to be proactive. You cant do those things we don't need or want you. As with anything that grows, there will be growing pains. If you can't contribute in a positive way to ease the growing pains, complain and BLAME something or somebody else you need to grow up! The founders of this company have the values and traits of hard work, honesty and communication. They have people in key positions that have those same values and traits. That's how we have become the single largest service provider in the US. That does not happen if we operated as the negative comments imply.

Cons

Communication as whole. We are spread out with seven (7) regional offices and one (1) corporate office. 80% of the field force operate out of the home and may not communicate with their supervisor for days at a time. Sometimes that can lead to miscommunication. The implementation of the new operating system. It really is not a con as it will improve everything overall. However the implementation and learning curve has created some stress at times. But it is all getting better!

Advice to Management

Get back to our newsletter. I know monthly was a little much but quarterly would work.

Nov 14, 2016 – Founder & CEO

First, thank you for you expressing your viewpoint and providing what I regard as very "real world" feedback. Service is a "people" business. People are imperfect, including myself. However, I... More

6. "My People!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ball Ground, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ball Ground, GA

Pros

This is probably one of the best companies I have had the pleasure to work with. I absolutely love being part of this team! After going through a restructuring w/ software upgrade, you can tell this company is going to do HUGE things and I can't wait to be a part of it! I will add that we have the most amazing coffee machine EVER!

Cons

There is limited parking at the BG office and the vending machine items (although the options are great) are a little pricey.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Thank you for being so good to your employees.

Nov 14, 2016 – Founder & CEO

Thanks for the feedback. You are right that parking is crazily small for such a large building. Given we anticipate that our double-digit growth will continue for quite some time, we are looking at... More

"Employee Minded"

I have been working at Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PPT is a company that cares about their employees and does everything that they can to make them successful. Management is great to work with and has an open door policy for discussing anything needed.

Cons

There are not very many cons to working at PPT. The biggest con is that you cannot really move up within the company unless you are willing to relocate.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and thank you for making PPT a great place to work!

Oct 28, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for taking the time "Employee Minded". It is a pleasure to work with bright folks like yourself that appreciate the finer details which make PPT a great company and employer. I couldn't agree... More

8. "PPT Rocks!!"

Current Employee - Service Specialist in Upper Marlboro, MD
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in Upper Marlboro, MD

Pros

Coming from a company that was horrible to their employees, Power Pro Tech was a breathe of fresh air. They truly care about their employees and value each of us. I have been with the company now for 2 years and I do not regret a day of being a part of this company.

Cons

Not seeing everybody that works for the company. Because Power Pro Tech has multiple offices in the United States, we often talk to each other but never meet in person. Sometimes I think the salaries could be a bit more competitive for the office staff.

Advice to Management

Have a once a year get together for all of us to come together to meet and mingle. Like an all company Christmas Party.

Oct 30, 2016 – Founder & CEO

I have added my brief comments below those of the COO:

COO:
    Thanks for the review "PPT Rocks". It is good to hear we are offering you a great employment experience for 2 years and running now... More

9. "Family atmosphere in large numbers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

I've worked for Power Pro Tech for 2 + years and have been treated like family since the day I joined the team. We manage customers large and small and attempt to provide great service and keep a smile on our face while doing so.

Cons

Sometimes our communication across numerous levels could be improved. Also better training could be provided to new hires but due to the work load typically being so large its burdensome to stop and train them the way they are needing prior to releasing them into service.

Oct 30, 2016 – Founder & CEO

I have added my comments bellow those of our COO.

COO:
    Appreciate the feedback "Family Atmosphere". Sounds like some mission is accomplished given this is exactly the feel and culture that our... More

10. "Class Act Organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company leadership genuinely cares for its employees, we are not just a number. If a member of management believes in you, they will take care of you and offer you a real career path. PPT is not just a company, it is a collection of true professionals who all work tirelessly and are willing to help you. The people at PPT make the difference and it is a pleasure being a part of their Team. Nothing is perfect and humans run the company, so errors happen. However, it is how they react to errors that will really impress you. There is a high sense of personal safety and training that is not taken for granted, and obvious investment back into its people and equipment. Very nice fleet and equipment. They also invest heavily in technology and and have a new field service technology that has been improved since inception and is working well. It's nice to work for a company where my voice matters.

Cons

Because of the company size (geographically), it is tough to meet some or many of your coworkers. Gathering for social events is a challenge and costly to the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to remember it's your people that make PPT great. Continue to invest into their training and safety. Keeping career opportunities available make PPT second to none.

Nov 14, 2016 – Founder & CEO

Many thanks for this feedback. I particularly appreciate your insight and comment regarding how we respond when errors happen. As you rightly point out, people make mistakes. While we tried to... More