PowerScore Reviews | Glassdoor

PowerScore Reviews

Updated Feb 21, 2019

3.9
PowerScore CEO Dave Killoran (no image)
Dave Killoran
  1. "Good company"

Former Employee - Instructor in Nassau, NY

I worked at PowerScore part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The student review books are helpful for the SAT and ACT. We were also given a useful teacher's edition as well. I was given opportunities to tutor, but didn't have to do so. The company gave me the chance to teach high school students. I had teaching experience with college student, but had never taught younger students.

Cons

I have no negatives to report.

PowerScore2018-04-14
  2. "Flexible job with great training"

Former Employee - SAT/ACT Instructor in Charleston, SC

I worked at PowerScore part-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid training program and course curriculum. It's easy to follow to teach a class, even if there's subjects that aren't your strong points (like trigonometry, for me). Well paying for a part-time ad hoc type job.

Cons

Infrequent work, ebbs and flows (suddenly a lot, then none for months).

PowerScore2019-02-21
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Limited growth opportunities and lackluster management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at PowerScore full-time

Pros

If you are an independent contractor or instructor, great place to work. Staff is supportive and helpful. Full time employees are given great experience to launch on to bigger and better things.

Cons

This company lacks a human touch and a personal component. The senior leadership are no doubtedly intelligent people, but are unaware of their lack of people and management skills. Management can be very narrow minded and tend to not see creative ways to solve issues. They don't trust employees to use their potential to get their job done. There's a lot of politics in the office. Unfortunately, there is very limited room to grow. Any new opportunities are lateral moves. I recommend anyone who works at PowerScore to gain as much experience in two years and then move on to a more challenging and employee friendly environment.

PowerScore2018-06-07
  5. "Instructor"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at PowerScore

Pros

Happy coworkers and supervisors Great flexibility Great materials

Cons

Could pay better considering the score requirements of employees and travel necessary for short assignments

PowerScore2017-07-04
  6. "Good Company"

I worked at PowerScore

Pros

Good students, helpful management, decent online materials.

Cons

Courses are sometimes irregular, depending upon where you work.

PowerScore2015-07-10
  7. "Very Supportive"

Current Contractor - Tutor in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at PowerScore for less than a year

Pros

Everything has been very easy. They have answered any questions I have had before I even asked them. When I was just starting, I felt very supported. Even though it is a contract job, they keep in touch. They also provide all needed materials, or reimburse in case something goes wrong.

Cons

It's not as often as I would like.

PowerScore2014-07-28
  8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - SAT Instructor in Charleston, SC

I have been working at PowerScore part-time for less than a year

Pros

The people in the office are great and the plans and outlines that you get for lesson plans are great. Everyone is very knowledgeable and eager to help both the instructors and the customers.

Cons

Sometimes a lot of time passes between teaching opportunities - but this is hardly their fault. Some of their website is outdated and they could use some new payroll/HR software

PowerScore2013-03-29
  9. "Industry Leader Has Wonderful Atmosphere, Good People But Narrow Opportunities Within My Field."

in Charleston, SC

I have been working at PowerScore

Pros

PowerScore is a small company where strong relationships with colleagues can develop. A continous striving for industry excellence is the hallmark. Creativity is nurtured & encouraged here and lives/activities outside the job are supported both morally and actually. Pay is above average, especially in the south.

Cons

Small company with many young, unmarried members also means certain benefits like insurance are expensive for dependants with coverage more aligned with a young, healthy and dependant free (or otherwise covered) population. While starting pay is good, the payraises are minimal, cost of living and promotion opportunities are also minimal; in other words, the job your hired for, you'll like do for the duration of your employment.

PowerScore2011-11-04
  10. "Great company, but work can be inconsistent"

LSAT Instructor

I have been working at PowerScore

Pros

Better pay than other test prep companies, and better materials to work from. Relaxed culture. Class schedule makes it easy to work an additional job.

Cons

Long periods between some classes plus occasional cancellations (at least in smaller population centers) makes work less consistent than other companies that offer a greater variety of classes.

PowerScore2013-01-07
  11. "Great support from HR and supervisors, very well-run"

I have been working at PowerScore

Pros

Everyone is on the same page Communication is effective and efficient Goals are very clear Company seems to be on your side

Cons

Low hours, as you might expect

PowerScore2012-10-10