Practice Fusion Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tom Langan

Pros
  • I love how we are making health records more accessible to both doctors and patients, it (in 8 reviews)

• Pretty legit work/life balance really ties it all together nicely (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • limited growth opportunities, no work life balance (in 4 reviews)

• It's growing quickly, and with that a lot of change is happening (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just started at Practice Fusion recently. It is immediately apparent that there were some rough times last year (2016) in which the company had to come to grips with a few things and kind of grow up. But now, after all of that, PF is a wonderful place to work. They seem to have learned from their experiences and are plowing ahead.

Good compensation
    Good benefits and perks, such as lunch three days a week, plenty of snacks and fruit, "Happy Hours" a few times a week, company sponsored events, lot's of appreciation shown for employees
    Great work life balance
    Work from home opportunities
    Wicked smart people to work with, presenting a great opportunity to learn from others
    Great culture! They are very, very careful about preserving the company culture. You have to be a team player!
    Finally hitting profitability .... other places may offer more in the way of perks, but few of those places are operating in the black, which is where PF finally got to by the end of 2016.

Cons

It's a small operation ~250 people. So opportunities to grow are limited.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, work life balance, dogs, working with smart people, food/snacks, amazing CEO, lot's of focus on diversity

Cons

There seems to be a change in leadership positions often, however this is common in most companies as the vision continues to change and evolve.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what your doing

3. "Great culture and product, but executive team needs to buckle down"

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great cultural atmosphere, passionate and caring people, great platform/product and fulfilling work.

Cons

Excessive churn and change in executive management and organizational structure has created ripples of dysfunction in the company.

Advice to Management

Executive leadership has some work to do to stabilize and regain trust and build a confident productive team.

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart and genuinely good people, worthwhile mission, nice perks.

Cons

Still have some growing pains to get past.

6. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Practice Fusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's an amazing group of people here that are really passionate about the mission and the work they do. The best part of Practice Fusion is the people, they like to work hard and play hard. They have monthly themed company happy hours, which are pretty nice. They gave us catered lunch 3 times a week and each team gets to do a fun team building event every quarter.

Cons

The company is still trying to find its footing after the founder/CEO exit last year. A lot people compare the company to how it used to be, but I think everyone needs to come to terms that times are different and the company had to make some changes to become stronger. The company has also been around for about 10 years, which is a long time for a start up around here.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to do things like we used to, embrace the change in leadership and build up new traditions.

7. "Work Life Balance"

Former Employee - FTE in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - FTE in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Practice Fusion (More than a year)

Pros

Fair work life balance and flxibility

Cons

no career progress, such a small company

"Great Mission, Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The mission and the people. Everyone here is driven by the opportunity to impact healthcare and they are passionate about the product and the customers. I have never worked with such an intelligent and driven group of individuals and this has pushed me to grow both personally and professionally.

Cons

Change is a constant at Practice Fusion and the company moves at a very fast pace. We run lean so employees manage a lot of responsibilities, so be willing to put in the work

Advice to Management

Continue to provide focused skill development and career growth. Practice Fusion is filled with talented, driven team members who are eager to learn and grow within the company. The executive management team has come a long way over the past year, so continue down the path of collaboration and transparency.

9. "Encouraging"

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart people, decent benefits, great mission, dogs, interesting work. The results against the company plan in recent months have been very encouraging. We seem to be headed in the right direction.

Cons

The company was managed poorly under the previous CEO, and is going through a reset. Lost good co-workers due to layoffs and attrition. Culture is changing. Company direction is not clearly defined yet.

Advice to Management

Align the team on a long term vision of the company.

"Change came to PF and we are doing better because of it"

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work at Practice Fusion is the mission and the people. I feel lucky to work for a company that is making a difference not only for doctors and patients, but we help support improved health outcomes. Every role at Practice Fusion matters and we all understand how we work together to make our goals become a reality. We have had two outstanding quarters for 2016 and have met or exceeded our goals so far which feels really good. On top of that PF has good benefits, dogs in the office and amazing team members and managers.

Cons

I think the hardest part of working at PF is that you need to be flexible, be open to do more with less, and expect that no task is too small. Also we hear this word very often which is "focus" - it's not a bad thing but we know our goals and don't have much wiggle room to do anything outside of it.

Advice to Management

Continue to have open dialogues, shoutouts and embracing the team!

"It was a meh experience"

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Practice Fusion (Less than a year)

Pros

You'll have a lot to do because they're really disorganized

Cons

Since they're really disorganized, they won't really know why you're there probably.