Pragmatics Reviews in Alexandria, VA | Glassdoor

Alexandria, VA

2.0
Long V. Nguyen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I have worked for a handful of companies now and while I have met great people, I have never truly loved the culture--until now (in 4 reviews)

• Approachable Team leads - Great benefits (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management only focuses on short term profits not long term growth (in 3 reviews)

• Limited work at the time so there was no opportunity when contract ended (in 2 reviews)

"A Rudderless Ship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Pragmatics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many of the employees are knowledgeable, and Alexandria is a great work location: Metro is a few blocks away and there's plenty of great lunch spots.

Cons

Every contract I've worked on or even seen here ends up being shorter than advertised. The client seems to enjoy playing the field when it come to contracts, and Pragmatics seems to lack the networking stills to pick up continuing work. They also seem to hire on speculation, so if get an offer, make sure the contract is locked in first.

Advice to Management

Settle into your new roles and figure out how to court new work asap.

Pragmatics Response

Mar 1, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for your flexibility on work assignments. Our intent is to hire employees into the company for the long haul and not just for a single, specific project. While at times our clients make... More

Showing 1 of 90 review