Prairie River Home Care Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Love it so far!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, MN

I have been working at Prairie River Home Care full-time

Pros

The people here are very friendly. It is a great atmosphere to work. They really treat their employees right.

Cons

Business casual everyday. No jeans on Fridays.

Advice to Management

From what I have seen, you are doing a great job!

2. "Amazing company!"

Current Employee - Hha in Marshall, MN
    Current Employee - Hha in Marshall, MN

I have been working at Prairie River Home Care part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is very flexible and very friendly. They show concern for both employees and clients and I feel comfortable talking to them. The client I meet are wonderful none of which have men to hard to handle. The staffing Manager does a great job at making sure the client and the employees schedule work one on one with each other I plan to stay with company for a long time. Great job!

Cons

The only cons I have is that if you seek full time this might not be a great fit. Client come and go...this is home care clients pads away or go to nursing homes you could have a full time schedule and then some clients will disappear and you will go down in hours but on the other hand there could be many hours available for you in a few months. This company Is wonderful if you are looking for part time or casual shifts for example this could be your second job.

Advice to Management

Keep staying in touch with your employees we don't speak much so it's great to know that you still see us and let us know that we are still doing a good job.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Prairie River Home Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small, casual, office feel. Nice people to work with.

Cons

Poor pay and very expensive benefits for employees. All decisions come from Corporate. Very unorganized. High turnover.

4. "Wonderful, Wonderful Company!"

I have been working at Prairie River Home Care full-time

Pros

I have found the management teams to be very caring - demonstrate concern for both patients and employees. Very ethical. Supportive upper management, I can always get my questions answered in a timely manner.

Cons

Home health care environment is highly regulated - lots of laws, regulatory requirements that don't add value to patient care. This company tries to make it as easy as possible for clinical staff but that can be difficult. Out of their control!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees out in the field and incorporate their ideas.

5. "How it is to work at prhc"

Pros

Flexible schedule ,clients are great ,no issue with the job,

Cons

Management saying one thing then does another, it's ok for one caregiver to do something but another isn't allowed..lack of communication! !! Everyone should be treated equal..

Prairie River Home Care Response

Jun 17, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Prairie River Home Care, Inc. strives to live by it's I-CARE values. Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Resourcefulness, Excellence. We... More

"PRHC Cares!"

I have been working at Prairie River Home Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at PRHC for 7 years. I would not change it. I work for a company that is caring and compassionate to not only the clients but also the employees. The team I work with is wonderful and I couldn't imagine working for anyone else in this day and age with the amount of uncertainty in many careers. I find my managers honest and trustworthy, and the company as a whole operates with the integrity I would want in a company caring for my own family.

Cons

I have nothing to contribute in this area as I am happy where I am at and am thankful to work for a company that cares about its clients and employees so much.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Job satisfaction"

Pros

Very caring people/ownership, concerned management on work-life balance

Cons

benefits, length of time for a change to happen

""A company truly dedicated to quality patient care and professional, hardworking staff"."

I have been working at Prairie River Home Care full-time

Pros

Very progressive company with management commitment to high quality patient care services. True dedication to helping employees achieve their professional goals with opportunities for growth and development.

Cons

Very busy caseloads but management is always trying to recruit for more assist.

"Treat their people well."

I have been working at Prairie River Home Care full-time

Pros

They recognize good performance and reward it. Lots of emphasis on doing the right thing, especially for the client. Willing to go above and beyond in unique circumstances that lots of big companies would not even listen to.

Cons

Wages and benefits can sometimes be limited as the payments are fixed by the State of MN and insurance companies.

Advice to Management

More training for field staff if inexperienced.

10. "Be selfish, they are!"

I worked at Prairie River Home Care full-time

Pros

Great local, nice city. Lots of good customers. They always have work available and not enough workers to complete it, so you can work a lot.

Cons

Top level management very good and know how to run a company. Second tier management is not good. Poor communication and at the end of the day they are out for themselves and their bottom line. Don't give a two week notice, they will fire you and leave you hanging.

Advice to Management

See above

Prairie River Home Care Response

Aug 23, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Prairie River Home Care, Inc. strives to live by it's I-CARE values. Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Resourcefulness, and Excellence. We... More