Praxent Reviews

Updated Mar 28, 2022

Found 24 of over 33 reviews

4.8
Praxent CEO/Founder Tim Hamilton (no image)
Tim Hamilton

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing company! Intentional about everything they do

Mar 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Professional devlopment plans, they help you understand how to get promoted - Lots of learning - Interesting client projects

Cons

- Wish we had more in person socials

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Culture, Great Team

Mar 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible talent - a whole team of hungry, humble, and smart individuals who live by the company's core values.

Cons

No cons from my perspective

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Glad I Joined

Nov 1, 2021 - Principal Manager/Principal Delivery Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

Responsive Management. Very purposeful about the action they take (for clients, employees, tools, training opportunities, advancements, ...everything) Highly capable group of employees - design, dev, and project management roles are all filled with high-end professionals who are incredibly supportive and collaborative Open accounting practices. Everyone has access to P&L and the CEO does regular meetings for reviewing the current and trend numbers.

Cons

Small workforce means a smaller list of options for career advancement long term 100% wfh company means it's a little harder to get to know people outside your immediate team.

Operations Manager

Hi there, it is encouraging to read that you appreciate the management practices as well as those you work with. We're very excited to share more about the career advancement ladder and hope that it meets all of your expectations. Thanks for writing your review!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic culture, great support, awesome team

Jul 26, 2021 - Technical Director in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

As someone who recently rejoined Praxent, I was pleased to see that the culture that was being developed during my previous time with the company had received buy-in pretty much company wide. Praxent has grown their systems to support developers in many outstanding ways. Whether its HR, Sales, Marketing, PMO, or Recruiting, there are fantastic individuals that genuinely care and make the Engineering practice even better. The team that Praxent has is all around great and I have thoroughly enjoyed all my interactions. Everyone is fantastic at what they do. Now that the team is 100% remote, I feel like anyone anywhere has a chance to be a meaningful addition to the team.

Cons

If I find any I will report back, 100% positive so far.

Operations Manager

Hi! We're excited to hear that you're back with us and enjoying it! We agree, remote work has given us the opportunity to hire talent all over. It's one of our favorite updates to the work environment. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to make the process seamless for you.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Smart company that actually delivers

Mar 11, 2021 - Praxenter
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for lots of companies before that over promise and under deliver whether it's for client or employees. Praxent doesn't do that, they are honest, have integrity and somehow have managed to activate their core values across the entire company in a way that ensures every employee actually lives up to them. Praxenters are extremely smart, thoughtful and hungry. The work we do for clients goes above and beyond, the design team are fantastic to work with, the engineers actually have personalities and will meet with clients happily and the delivery team is so on it, always managing budgets and timelines to a tee. The CEO is genuine, caring and leads by example. He's humble and always learning.

Cons

The company is very agile and that means the teams have to change direction quickly sometimes. In general management try to ensure everyone works 40 hours, but in ensuring we deliver what was agreed to clients sometimes that means we go over that, but it's not that frequent.

Operations Manager

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences. I am so happy you are enjoying your time with us thus far. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything in the meantime, we're excited to continue investing in our culture and your feedback is super valuable to that process.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Outstanding company, excellent people

Dec 14, 2020 - Chief Operating Officer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work, very strong & positive culture

Cons

Serving a very competitive market

Operations Manager

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We Care Deeply about our team members and our culture, along with the work that we do. Hearing of your positive experience is very encouraging. Thanks again.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A lifelong dream come true

Oct 24, 2019 - Managing Partner in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company core values are lived every day by the team. The CEO is a person of principle that reinforces those core values. The team is full of brilliant, bright, approachable people that I feel honored to work with every day. While the company has been successful, it has not abandoned what is most important - the way the company delivers its value proposition, through the empowerment of its team members.

Cons

The change that comes with working for an entrepreneurial organization can take time to absorb and process from time to time. With that said, we are always moving forward and I am very optimistic about the future.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best Decision Ever

May 15, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Autonomy. Treated like you're your own boss. Nobody is being micro managed. 2. Culture. Someone is always laughing. Taco Tuesday every time a new employee starts. Lunch every Wednesday. Huddle on Fridays. Snacks/drinks in the office, etc. 3. Core values are important. We've spent 4 days doing volunteer work. Always highlighting people who go above and beyond. 4. Interview process. Best process I've ever been a part of. So fast and there is no bullshi***** you. 5. You matter and what you do matters 6. Remote work/work from home flexibility, benefits are great.

Cons

1. Newer business. Of course there are growing pains as with any smaller company. 2. Not many concrete processes. If you're a fan of processes and don't like to pivot this company may not be for you. 3. Not a lot of people in the office at a given time. If you like to be around a lot of people at once you may be disappointed.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

A great place to work

Mar 13, 2019 - Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed working as a developer at Praxent. The team was very hard working, skilled, and supportive. People are willing to help each other out and raise each other up. There was also the benefit of being able to work with several different technologies, as well as set the direction of the technology used when appropriate. Management was always supportive, and open for change. As far as process, Praxent was always looking to improve and move forward with the best approach, even if that meant changing a previously held beliefs or direction. Another bonus of working for Praxent is that the company is very open and transparent as far as sales and revenue are concerned.

Cons

There were times when we did have growing pains. As we added more developers , project managers, designers, etc., it took time to figure out how all the pieces fit, and how best to adjust our process. To everyone's credit, we worked through those issues and adjusted to move forward in a productive way.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

High expectations that ensures the team stays top notch

Feb 22, 2019 - Project Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unique projects. Extremely talented, relatable and fun staff. Work life balance is solid. Great pay. Lots of development opportunities and free food (that's good) is regular. A very communal feel. And the employee gatherings, events and social options are varied and memorable!

Cons

As a small shop, they are still working to nail down processes and standards. Which can be frustrating but they also let you help create and own the creation of them.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Reviews

Praxent Reviews FAQs

Praxent has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 33 reviews left anonymously by employees. 97% of employees would recommend working at Praxent to a friend and 98% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Praxent employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Praxent. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

97% of Praxent employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Praxent 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Praxent to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be MISSING VALUE.

Popular Careers with Praxent Job Seekers