Pre-Employ.com Employee Reviews about "high school"

Updated Dec 2, 2014

4.3
Pre-Employ.com CEO Robert Mather (no image)
Robert Mather
Pros
  • "coffee and soda was free as well as massages and car washes(in 8 reviews)

• "They had a great break room with free soda and coffee that was like a meeting/social place(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you're depressed in your life thus far or would just like to gain A LOT of weight sitting behind a desk for just over minimum wage(in 4 reviews)

• "I've seen high school grads go from entry-level to key manager positions and payroll in only 1(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "high school"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A strong business that provides realistic insight into the professional world."

5.0
    Current Employee - Marketing in Anderson, CA

I have been working at Pre-Employ.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pre-employ offers a multitude of opportunities in professional business experience and, depending on department, software, and best practices training. All employees get to gain experience in Salesforce (the world's most in-demand CRM software). All employees can enroll for benefits after 6 months and the packages are great. This is such a relief for someone who's been off insurance for awhile. The new masseuse is phenomenal, the car washer (yes, you can get your car washed for free once a week) does a great job, and the medical/dental bene's are top notch. The size and nature of the company/industry lend it to allow you to make a name for yourself. You earn everything you get here, and competent, motivated, team-oriented individuals stand out in a heartbeat.

Cons

This isn't really a con, but it's what most people fail to understand: At Pre-employ, you have to work for it. There are no handouts here, and you really have to earn your rewards. It's an established business that's been around for almost two decades, and it's that way because of the high expectations employees are held to. Take your job seriously, treat it like the career it could be, and you will excel here. Treat it like a means to a paycheck, and nothing more, and nothing more is what you'll get. I've seen high school grads go from entry-level to key manager positions and payroll in only 1.5yrs because they took the job seriously and gave it their all. Conversely, I've seen people come in and slack and be out on the curb in a heartbeat.

Continue reading

"Clients/Employees-Here's the brutally honest truth..."

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Anderson, CA

I worked at Pre-Employ.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Before I get into the cons, I will say, if you're currently looking or desperately needing extra money while going to college, it's a job. Do not expect to promote (refer to cons for information on this subject), medical/dental will not happen until you have been working there for three months (and even then, premiums are OUTRAGEOUS). Bottom line, without sugar coating it, it's a minimum wage/just over minimum wage job. If you enjoyed the drama of High School take the job offer; if you've reached a mid-life crisis and want to act like you're still in high school and party with the 'youngsters' take the job offer.

Cons

CLIENTS AND EMPLOYEES: READ AND HEED! Looking for a golden opportunity to progress? Looking to pursue a criminal justice background? Do NOT seek employment here. I started working at Pre-Employ in hopes of a wonderful opportunity given my background. To say the least, this job is like starting high school all over again. It's a very depressing job where you sit in a cubicle and either make phone calls to references or click on a computer doing background checks. Seems easy enough, right? WRONG, you're given little-to no training upon arriving and expected to know what to accomplish by reading walkthroughs. Need help? Find the trainer. Mess up on something? Be prepared to get an 'anonymous error' by kids or a lady in her late 40's who tries to act like she's 23. Both think they're entitled to something, I have yet to figure out what... 90% of the management is made up of mid-aged 20s females, which were given the positions due to their looks (definitely not their smarts) and because the CEO (Bob Mathers) tries to hit on every woman in the place. The pay for the work being accomplished is BARE minimum. Before I applied for this job I actually looked at the reviews, but thought, "It can't be THAT bad"...It is. Every NON-FIVE/FOUR STAR review is the honest truth by employees past/present that were not afraid to speak their mind on such an awful work environment. I read in another review, an individual questioned about how this company is still running. One, it's easy when the companies receiving these background checks are charged an arm and a leg for a 'background check' that can honestly be done from the office or home. And two, for the people applying for this job with high hopes get so wrapped up in the nonsense of all the 'wonderful' perks, it's pretty easy. The Peet's Coffee is only there if they have any, otherwise enjoy your turd in a cup. Free car washes, only if the car washer is there. Massage therapist? If she wants to be present, and if you really want to spend your 15 minute break getting a massage.. If you're depressed in your life thus far or would just like to gain A LOT of weight sitting behind a desk for just over minimum wage. Accept the job offer. Otherwise steer clear of this business...Employees and Clients alike.

Continue reading

"Constantly changing because they cannot pinpoint a process that is successful and high turnover rate."

2.0
    Verification Specialist in Anderson, CA

I have been working at Pre-Employ.com

Pros

They have an excellent benefits package and they are usually very understanding about requested time off.

Cons

They hire management from the outside instead of promoting within. The bulk of promotions I have seen are due to knowing the owner personally or impressing someone that the owner holds in high regard. Promotions and performance reviews were promised more than once and then were not provided to the employees. Communication from management to employees is poor. Management is unfair, often disrespectful and operates sometimes like a "high school clique".

Continue reading

"This company is the worst company I have ever worked for"

1.0
    Former Employee - BGI in Anderson, CA

I worked at Pre-Employ.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was desperate for a job at the time.

Cons

This place that is a so called company is far from it. Its a background company that pays barely above minimum wage to their employees and then they charge the companies an arm and leg to run background checks that are virtually free. A lot of us that worked there have degrees and weren't even acknowledged. He had young women between the ages of 18 and 23 running the place that couldn't even spell let alone run it. The way most of us were treated was so wrong. It literally tore down our esteem big time. I have nothing good to say except its a job when you don't have one. When it comes to the owner paying unemployment he just cuts the hours back so far but not far enough to get unemployment. Or he has his young girls just fire you for any given reason or no reason at all. One time a woman got let go because she had a grandfather die and needed to get off and they told her to get back to work and she said they were really rude and they fired her for insubordination. I seen it!!! We have even gotten paid to say that this place was the best place to work in Shasta county when its not. There is a lady there that has been there since it opened and she made less then i did. I was there almost 6 years (out of desperation i might add) Til i could get a real job and never got but one 25 cent raise. The teenage drama that goes on there is ridiculous and such a joke. I have seen the owner pick up on a lot of young ladies even seen inappropriate text messages from him to a 19 year old. Its crazy how much of that goes on in this company. In all my life I have never felt so torn down then I did there. I graduated with honors and have a college degree and since I was older and over weight i wasn't moving anywhere within the company. If I was between the age of 18-23 and fresh out of high school with no knowledge I probably would have been manager. The owner has and still continues to take complete advantage of the employees that are working there. I feel sorry for the ones that have been blinded by him. He has no knowledge of respect for people in the workplace. No one is treated eqully!!

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.