Pre-Paid Legal Reviews | Glassdoor

Randy Harp

"LEGAL SHIELD ROCKS......."

Former Employee - Executive Director in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Pre-Paid Legal full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Always there for you, they nail it everytime! Top Rated Attorneys who are experts in their fields who all seem to posses a passion for their craft. Management team believes in Family values. Nuts & Bolts of Co are driven to success. Co has been in existence for 50 years! Right Product @Right time is history!

Cons

As a Rep - Too Many Chargebacks. Rather than looking at their Membership as an investment that protects them; tragically, too many would view their plans as a Bill. If a Family financial crisis would hit, it's the 1st thing they get rid of. When you are the author of more than 6,000 Memberships and things go bust, so do you. I'll NEVER be without mine though EVER!

Advice to Management

Love the Legal Shield Product and Suite of Services; especially, the Kroll IDT Restoration and 24 hour Svc. Would like to be a Rep again if I could start with a Clean Slate! Jeff Bell Rocks! #StayAmazing

2. "Good but...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Pre-Paid Legal full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Toured the Southern California attorney's office in downtown LA, very impressive.

Cons

Wanted to sue a crook in Ohio who defrauded me of over $12,000; Prepaid Legal supplied me with a referral in Ohio who was a total jerk; he was acting like any pursuit of the case was a waste of time without us even exchanging contact info much less a stack of correspondence, money order recpts., an offer to buy back the land if not satisfied, etc. Buy it back, the SOB never owned it! Several people went to the supposed home sites and were told to get lost, It was private property! To sum up: I quit paying $29 a month to Prepaid Legal for a sham.

Advice to Management

Keep your head down.

3. "Associate"

Former Employee - Membership Sales Associate in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Membership Sales Associate in Dayton, OH

I worked at Pre-Paid Legal (More than 3 years)

Pros

I didnt get 1 penny after 5 years of work!!!! I waited and called and waited and spent my money but still nothing came in!!!

Cons

Terrible!!!!! This was a terrible move to make for a career and all the money I put in was a lot for me, it was a con!!

5. "It sucks"

Former Employee - Salesperson/Owner in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Salesperson/Owner in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Pre-Paid Legal (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no pros it sucks

Cons

This is not a legal service; it is a legal advisory group.

"A real look"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

I actively worked as an Independent Associate of Pre-Paid Legal for 3 1/2 years, (2004-2007) marketing mainly as an employee benefit. Was it easy? No, not really. Was it worth it? I think so. I ended up winning incentive trips 2 out of 3 years, had the car bonus, etc. Even had a place at the black-n-gold banquet. Here's the good part. I moved from Texas to a remote part of Western Alaska. ... EIGHT YEARS LATER, I am still receiving residual income. Yes, it has diminished, but still, there are few businesses out there that continue to pay you after you stop working.

Cons

It's not as easy as people make it out to be. It is a job and requires hard work. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Advice to Management

When will you finally open up Alaska and not simply leave us hanging?

7. "Excellent Legal Protection!"

Current Employee - Director in Holland, MI
    Current Employee - Director in Holland, MI

I have been working at Pre-Paid Legal part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Legal Shield (aka Pre-Paid Legal, Inc) helps people all over the country to receive free legal advice at minimal cost.

Cons

There are no negatives to Legal Shield (the current name of Pre-Paid Legal, Inc). When you work hard, you get paid AND help other people in the process.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage the Executive Directors to help the new recruits by example. Long-term residual income happens when you sell what a customer can afford.

8. "Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Independent Associate in Marina del Rey, CA
    Former Employee - Independent Associate in Marina del Rey, CA

I worked at Pre-Paid Legal part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a place to work if you are uneducated and have no problem scamming people.
    Conventions are fun and if you are senior management with hundreds of people below you, you'll rake it in.

Cons

Cult
    Full of creepy people. The management is very creepy. Agree with those that there is a weird evangelistic vibe to this place. Everyone is a motivational speaker and thinks they are very special.

Advice to Management

Stop being so slimey. Be honest.
    Full of Mormons and ver cultish

"Amazing the journey is a nonstop challenge of self, the majority of the leaders are very helpful , the products no1"

Current Employee - Director in Watsonville, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Watsonville, CA

I have been working at Pre-Paid Legal full-time

Pros

Opportunity, opportunity, opportunity, did I say opportunity? The person you will become . The people you can touch, impossible is nothing here.

Cons

The only down side is if you don't imbrace the new you, it could be a struggle, what I mean is , if thing are to get better you have to get better, and sometimes change take time

Advice to Management

Keep up the great leadership, the best is truly yet to come here with this great company, Never give up on someone, be the leader you are trying to pour into

"Affordable Legal Protection for the Masses, Now Legal Shield."

Current Employee - Independent Associate in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Independent Associate in Akron, OH

I have been working at Pre-Paid Legal part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Affordable Legal Services and a Fantastic Business Opportunity.

Cons

Not sure. None that I can think of right now.

Advice to Management

If it ain't broke . . .

"A legal insurance moneymaker"

Former Employee - Independent Associate in Yuma, AZ
    Former Employee - Independent Associate in Yuma, AZ

I worked at Pre-Paid Legal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone needs this service. Very affordable. Great commission structure. The law firms are excellent. You don't realize how much you need it until you have it, especially businesses.

Cons

better know your market. Set up as an MLM which turns a lot of people off. your upline may not know any more about how to sell this service than you do.

Advice to Management

Better training and associate support would be great, otherwise a wonderful company to work with.