PreVisor Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David Leigh

1. "Needed to Invest in People and Product"

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at PreVisor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Allowed employees great freedom to work under their own direction. Access to good clients was excellent and work was interesting.

Cons

Very low continuous investment in people and products. Felt that the bottom line mattered above all else. Found it strange that for a company that worked in the field of Talent Management, more was not done for staff.

Advice to Management

Think about the field that your are operating in. Become the standard that you are advising clients to live up to. Long-term growth can only come through investment.

2. "Small company big ambitions"

Former Employee - Senior Content Analyst in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Content Analyst in Roswell, GA

I worked at PreVisor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The work is important and there's an atmosphere that supports an entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

There are no opportunities for job advancement. I was promised several opportunities "in 2 years" if I achieved certain stretch goals. However after said goals were reached, there was always some reason that the promise could not be kept. This happened for 11 years.

Advice to Management

Treat people and their contributions with respect and pay them accordingly. Embrace diversity.

3. "It's a job for now"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Client projects are plentiful and I like working with different companies. I get to travel to different client sites and work with many different industries.

Cons

I get very little feedback from my senior executive manager. They are always focused on addressing client issues and generating new business. There is no willingness to address internal efficiency issues and many departments operate with insufficient staff.

Advice to Management

Promote more from within and less hiring new people from the outside thinking we need new ideas. Do something about the department politics.

5. "No career growth for Technology professionals at this company."

Former Employee - Technology in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Technology in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Fast moving environment with challenging problems to solve. Great work/life balance and ability for teleworking. Ever ending quantity of work to accomplish as I was never board for something to do.

Cons

Stagnant career advancement for technology professionals. Technology group was never in company spotlight and marginalized as far as importance and whatnot to the company. I left to strengthen my career knowledge and gain more experience in technology I would not have received at Previsor.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees equally as far as rewards and advancement no matter what department. Sales could not sell without the support and experience of the technology groups.

6. "Like most small companies this company is prone to focus on revenue instead of people growth."

Current Employee - Customer Success Team Lead in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Team Lead in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great work live balance and communications from management. Proactive effort is made to make sure employees feel empowered and challenged.

Cons

Senior management's words do not match actions. While a strong effort is made to engage employees for feedback, little is ever done to implement feedback and address employees concerns.

Advice to Management

Stop listening to each other and start listening to your employees

"Fast paced and exciting"

Current Employee - Organizational Consultant in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Organizational Consultant in Chantilly, VA

Pros

PreVisor has a very fast paced work environment. Projects and customer engagements are exciting and you can learn a great many new things each day and with each client engagement. I'm challenged each day trying to understand how to assist our clients solve unique and different problems. I work with clients in many different industries and learning is the most exciting part of my job. I enjoy the autonomy of position and I do not feel micromanaged or marginalized in my position.

Cons

At times interdepartmental politics can come into play especially and the executive management level. While most of the times it is difficult to perceive there is obvious tension between some senior management.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to get back to the basics and revisit past success to see where changes can be made.

8. "PreVisor is a leader in pre-employment testing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

You will be working alongside of some very intelligent and extremely competent people. Everyone has a great team attitude and enjoys their job. If you are a driven, results-oriented person, you can thrive in this company. There are many examples of people with multiple promotions in a relatively short amount of time. Being that we are in the HR industry, PreVisor does a good job of recognizing the value of high performing employees. Being that we use all our own products (assessments and interviews) for hiring, we do a good job filtering out low performers. You will be surrounded by successful and high-potential coworkers.

Cons

As with many private, equity backed companies, PreVisor doesn't have a long-term strategy for organic growth. It shouldn't keep someone from working here, but just recognize that the company is designed to be sold at some point.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to bring in some senior leadership experience from outside of the organization.

9. "Good people, good place to work"

I worked at PreVisor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has a good team. They offered pre-employment testing, so they tested all of their applicants too, resulting in a smart, friendly work force.

Cons

The organization was big enough where bureaucracy could stifle progress. There were always a lot of meetings - if people were responsive to emails there could have been less meetings.

10. "A good company crippled by buyouts"

I worked at PreVisor full-time

Pros

Knowledgeable technical management. Forward-thinking work environment. Solid technical foundation for the core application. High-performance peers.

Cons

Multiple buyouts, first by SHL and then by CEB gutted what made PreVisor great and drove highly-skilled talent to seek employment elsewhere. Those left are treated poorly, shunned or blatantly driven out by entrenched management in favor of off-shore workers.

Advice to Management

PreVisor was a high-performance company that was put into the hands of those who did not know how to manage it. As a result, the company imploded. Sell it to someone more capable.

11. "Not a bad place to work"

Pros

Pro tech. Good atmosphere. Reasonable compensation.

Cons

Small team, more work than we could handle at times.