Precision Business Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Colin Campbell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Thank you Precision"

Former Employee - Modeler in Dallas, TX

I worked at Precision Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very organized environment. On my first day I was set up with my space, computer, and a training schedule. You will have a chance to work with many big companies. Smart coworkers who will take time to explain and teach you, so you can be more successful and bring value to the company. Great pay and benefits for < 50 company. Fun and happy office.Team trips - Austin, Miami, New Orleans and many more.... The company cares about the whole person giving incentives to read and work out. It also cares about the employee's family; including partners in office gatherings and giving thoughtful gifts to employee and spouse in appreciation of many long work hours.

Cons

Can be some long work hours, but that is pretty normal for most companies.

2. "Consultant in the Modeling Team"

I worked at Precision Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Great pay. Decent work-life balance.

Cons

President micromanages employees. No growth prospect (the founder is happy with the current size of the company). VERY high turnover.

Advice to Management

Trust the people you hired.

"Bad Leaders"

I worked at Precision Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Compensation is the best thing about Precision

Cons

Management, Management, Management! Learn how to lead a team, not degrade them.

"I think this is a good company"

I worked at Precision Business Solutions full-time

Pros

They had some pretty good stuff.

Cons

I didnt like some offerings

""Work Hard Play Hard" Environment without the "Play Hard""

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Precision Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Salary is the #1 pro and what keeps people from leaving.

Cons

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, but that’s exactly what Precision does. They treat their employees like crap and then act surprised each year when turnover is 50%+. They ask in exit interviews what people would do to fix the company & pretend like 90% of the problems don’t stem directly from the President. They wait until everyone understands a specific rule or process, and then change the entire thing and get frustrated when people can’t keep up.

In June, Precision underwent a large reorg at the request of the President. The roles were structured so that several Account Managers report directly to the President and everyone else falls somewhere under an Account Manager. The transition has NOT been smooth, has NOT been productive in terms of increasing efficiency or generating significantly more revenue, and has caused everyone in the office to operate in a general state of constant misery. Precision does a great job at trying to sell you on the thought that all the tiny benefits you get from the job (salary, flex hours, dog policy, etc) might be worth putting up with everything they will put you through, but I assure you they will not.

I loved the projects that I was able to work on there and the access to senior leadership at top companies that were our partners. I loved that my job is a bit different every single day. I loved the small company/ everyone knows each other feel. But the simple fact is that the things I loved and that brought me to Precision in the first place do NOT outweigh the frustration, the manipulation, the severely low morale, and the overall irrationality of the senior members of the company. To enjoy working at Precision you have to be entirely oblivious to everything around you but the job you are doing, or a masochist.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites, show more respect to ALL, LISTEN to your employees before making massive changes

6. "Modeler"

Former Employee - Modeler in Dallas, TX

I worked at Precision Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teaches very valuable skill-set of technical and analytical skills. Benefits are wonderful. Lots of perks like working from home & bringing dogs to work.

Cons

Poor work/life balance. Management plays favorites. Management makes decisions out of reaction & not proactively seeking to retain high-performing employees.

7. "good pay & benefits, but the harsh, long hours will wear you down"

Former Employee - Modeler in Dallas, TX

I worked at Precision Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-good pay
    -plenty of opportunity for growth & promotion
    -great as a springboard

Cons

-very poor work-life balance. Average hours worked is 50-55.
    -The President and upper management are unresponsive. The poor work-life balance is the business model of the company: overwork young employees until they leave, then get new ones.

Advice to Management

Focus on work-life balance. Focus on building retention and developing the employees you have.

"Small company, Fast paced, Place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Data Analyst/Modeler in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Data Analyst/Modeler in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Precision Business Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Full exposure and access across the organization to all roles and responsibilities - from President down. Committed to performance reviews and salary and bonuses every 6 months. Fun social activities. Challenging work - changes all the time. No monotony. True problem solving and solution thinking. Growing, profitable company with high market demand.

Cons

High level of accountability throughout the organization. Don't work here if you want to be a slacker. No room for it.

9. "Great place to learn, prove yourself and advance in your career."

Former Employee - Senior Analyst/Modeler in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst/Modeler in Dallas, TX

I worked at Precision Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was with the company for 4 or so years and had a blast. Had 2 promotions and pay raise every 6 months, plus 3 bonuses a year. If you pull your weight, you will be rewarded. End of story.

On top, you will get:
    Lots of structure
    Developed culture and values
    Extensive industry and software/tools training (priceless)
    Mentoring from very experienced senior staff (priceless again)
    Good pay
    Great benefits
    Company trips
    Bonuses
    Great hanging out with coworkers, happy hours all the time
    A feel of belonging to a family who cares and respects you as a person and an employee

Cons

I really don't have any....

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It's obviously working. Do not pay attention to reviews from people who could not cut it, or thought someone else would do the work for them. People get very disgruntled when they lose their job, but don't want to admit it's their fault.

10. "Positive career development"

Pros

Defined career path. Growth. New products. Strong customer base. Strong benefits

Cons

Service company. Long hours. Small company

Advice to Management

Continue to hire talent