Precision Castparts Reviews in Paramount, CA | Glassdoor

Paramount, CA

1.9
Precision Castparts Chairman and CEO Mark Donegan
Mark Donegan

Pros
  • steady work, over time if wanted, fair pay and benefits (in 11 reviews)

• Good pay and benefits, rewards for good employees, kick in the pants for bad (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance seems to deteriorate as you advance, but that's expected in most large companies mid to senior mgmt (in 16 reviews)

• Sometimes can have long hours, sometimes you are on call, and sometimes you may have to come in on a weekend (in 17 reviews)

1. "employees leave like the plague"

Former Employee - Management in Paramount, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Paramount, CA

Pros

Good compensation and package, but you will have to work hard for it. Lots of requirements from corporate.Good people.

Cons

Hardest position I ever held. Lots of turnover from top level corporate officers, plant managers, controllers, operations managers, leave either voluntarily or not.

Advice to Management

They won't listen. Stop the politics.What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but damn........PCC nearly killed me.

"Worst Experience Ever"

Current Employee - Buyer in Paramount, CA
    Current Employee - Buyer in Paramount, CA

I have been working at Precision Castparts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My department had some great people

Cons

The benefits are terrible here. Their healthcare options are expensive but not good. The 401k match is a joke (a % on a % of your salary. Comes to about a 1% match). There's no maternity leave (didn't affect me, but shows a lack of respect).
    From what I've seen, the company culture from CEO down is all short-term goal driven. If we don't meet our targets everyday, we get yelled at (I mean literally yelled at). When I have repeatedly explained to management that short term goals could be met only by negatively impacting a future result, the answer was "Do it. We won't be here to worry about that bad result if we don't make our numbers now." I cannot abide making small, short-term gains at the expense of huge long-term losses.
    Management (at my location and the Sr management that has visited) has absolutely no respect for their employees. I've seen screaming and swearing on an almost daily basis (in an office environment!). On top of that, there is a built in level of misogyny. One manager in particular demonstrates egregious sexist behavior daily.
    Note that most of the positive reviews of this company are from Leadership Development Program participants. These people see a more protected side of the company and are frequently encouraged to write positive reviews to boost the company's image.

Advice to Management

Respect your people. If the bottom line is #1, then you should work hard to retain your good employees. Anyone who is good at what they do here is looking for another job. Replacing people is far more costly than offering good benefits and developing a positive culture.
    When you are lucky enough to get a well-educated, experienced, driven and intelligent employee instead of wearing them down until they burn out and quit you should reward them, respect them and do everything in your power to keep them happy.
    Turnover in just my department in one year was 120%.