Precision Marketing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Precision Marketing Group Reviews

4.9
Maureen Condon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Extremely smart and ridiculously talented team of marketers"

Current Employee - Inbound Marketing Specialist in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Inbound Marketing Specialist in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Precision Marketing Group part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Susan and Maureen have compiled a group of extremely talented marketers to represent their company. I have been so very proud to work with this team for 6+ years. I have learned from each and every one of them and have become an even stronger professional because of them. Every other Tuesday is "Training Tuesday" at PMG, where both Susan and Maureen and co-workers lead training sessions on "what's new in marketing." This keeps the entire team up to date on current marketing practices and relevant in our field. Susan and Maureen have created a team that cares about PMG and cares about its clients.

Susan and Maureen have pushed me just outside of my comfort zone since I've been with them. It's been a gentle push that has allowed me to learn and grow as a professional. They care about each of us as though we are family.

Cons

I don't have any cons to speak of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

2. "Truly feels like a family!"

Former Employee - Content Strategist in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Content Strategist in Framingham, MA

I worked at Precision Marketing Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Brilliant, accessible leaders. Dedicated team. Strong support network. Opportunities to learn every day and own your work. If you love marketing, you cannot find a better company.

Cons

Clients (understandably) expect a lot. It can be challenging to juggle multiple accounts and shifting priorities. Should be noted though, PMG leaders will always have your back and help you balance.

Advice to Management

Keep being you! You've built a company that is truly one of a kind. No PMG employee can ever say they didn't work hard, grow professionally, or fall down laughing during at least one team meeting. All those things (especially a good laugh at the end of the day) are products of your strong example.

3. "By Far the Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

I have been working at Precision Marketing Group full-time

Pros

Susan and Maureen (nicknamed 'Suzeen' due to the success of their symbiotic partnership) have built something truly remarkable with Precision Marketing Group. From my very first phone conversation with them, I knew that this company was going to be a perfect fit. Here's why: At PMG, employee engagement and happiness is equally important as client engagement and happiness. I believe that Maureen and Susan view each of their employees as an individual asset. They have an innate ability to identify strength and opportunity and use it as fuel to drive individual growth and client growth. Most importantly, Maureen and Susan listen and deliver. They heard that a 401(k) plan was important to their employees, so they made it happen. Also - we have a lot of fun!

Cons

Working remotely is a challenge for some, and without immediate contact with others on the team, it can be difficult to receive immediate feedback. This type of environment allows for 98% self-driven work. One thing you won't get at PMG is micro-management. Some people may view that as a negative.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. This is an incredible team, and I feel very lucky to be a member of it.

4. "Thoughtful Agency with Great People and Company Culture"

I have been working at Precision Marketing Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone that works here is smart, conscientious, and fun! The agency produces great work because we have an amazing team, assembled by wonderful owners. Turnover is almost non-existent, which says it all!

Cons

There aren't many levels for advancement in the traditional sense. You are always learning and advancing your skills, but it won't show progression on your resume.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Challenging Work / Great Team / Always Learning"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Precision Marketing Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

Joining the PMG Team with relatively little exposure to the inbound marketing field, the two founders Maureen Condon and Susan LaPlante-Dube enthusiastically took me under their wing and provided me with the tools, the tips and, perhaps most importantly, the autonomy to develop into a well-adjusted, instinctive marketer. They truly believe in each of us, and that really shows through the confidence each of their employees demonstrates when making strategic decisions and crafting content for our numerous B2B clients. Although we all work virtually, there is still a great sense of team pride. And when we DO all get together, we pretty much laugh (and eat!) until we burst. I've now been a full-time employee with Precision Marketing Group for about three years, and I must say the emphasis on finding that sometimes elusive professional / personal life balance is a huge plus. I find myself constantly being challenged -- and learning and doing new things nearly every day. I absolutely look forward to continuing the great work we do with our clients and partners.

Cons

If you can't handle working remotely all the time, this probably isn't the company for you. Nevertheless, our team still communicates frequently and we collectively do a good job of keeping everyone in the loop.

"PMG Rocks!"

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Framingham, MA

Pros

I have been beyond grateful to work for such an amazing company, and alongside such wonderful people during my time at PMG. A majority of internships I have heard about don't necessarily give you the hands on experience that most interns strive to get out of the internship. However, my internship with PMG did, and to me that was super important. I can confidently say that I am leaving PMG with a better overall understanding of the marketing process, as well as a deeper knowledge of business and how all the moving parts come together to create success. Thank you PMG for furthering my education and work experience!!!

Cons

Working at PMG is a very independent job, so you must be good at time management and organization if you want to be successful in the company.

Advice to Management

Susan and Maureen are wonderfully fun, yet organized and successful business women who I admire to be like one day.

"Fantastic place to work!"

I have been working at Precision Marketing Group part-time

Pros

This is a virtual company so everyone works from home. The flexibility this provides is invaluable. It's a busy environment but as long as you keep yourself organized and focused, it's manageable. There's no micromanaging and the owners are very supportive of advancing everyone's knowledge and responsibilities. They're also great about ensuring that not only are employees a good fit, but clients are as well. Everyone is smart and friendly...we have a lot of fun!

Cons

You have to be able to work without much supervision and be very organized. Working exclusively from home is not for everyone. No option for a 401k.

"A marketing agency that doesn't grind its people!"

I have been working at Precision Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I previously worked at another digital marketing agency and the experience was horrible. Incredible stress every day with too much work expected and never enough time. As a result, there was high employee turnover.

What a difference at Precision! The leadership actually cares and wants to see you succeed. The turnover is virtually non-existent. The people you work with are great. It is a healthy environment with a sustainable pace.

Another pro is that everyone can work virtually. No commute time or expense. The owners of PMG trust you to get your work done and do not micro-manage.

Cons

There are still lots of things to do (it is still an agency with clients). However, if you are organized, it is manageable.

Advice to Management

Keep putting your faith in your people, listening to their ideas and looking for ways to help them succeed.