Precyse Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Precyse CEO Joel Hackney
Joel Hackney

Pros
  • Work from home on Friday, great education program and a supportive team to work with (in 18 reviews)

• Work flow coordinators are great people to work with (in 7 reviews)

1. "Coding Specialist"

Current Employee - Coding Specialist in Mount Pleasant, PA
    Current Employee - Coding Specialist in Mount Pleasant, PA

I have been working at Precyse (More than a year)

Pros

Great company with great pay and benefits

Cons

Hard to advance without having a BS degree

Advice to Management

Allow current employees the chance to advance by using experience vs education

"Auditor"

Former Employee - Medical Coding Auditor in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Medical Coding Auditor in Remote, OR

I worked at Precyse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HIM Director very nice person. Does her job very well. One negative- she is too busy to see the unfair and horrible managers under her.

Cons

Managers under her are a nightmare to work for/with. Very few people that I have spoken with are successful in pleasing these 3 managers. Training is set up so that if they decide for "any" reason they don't like you, you will fail, period. Believe me when I say I can get along with anyone but these managers are short and snippy and very difficult to impossible to get along with. That's why you will see job openings so often. Whatever you do, do not make a suggestion or have an opinion. You will be accused right away of "challenging your authority". We all know in the world of coding and auditing that things can be grey, we see mistakes and there's always room for improvement. I made the mistake of making a suggestion of how we may cut down on my training time as the daily meetings when I had no questions were slowing down the process. I unknowingly signed my walking papers that day. I did notice that her attitude totally changed and she docked me for a punctuation error??? She was very short and snippy with me as then were the other 2 managers. Two days later I got the call that I was being axed. According to the Director, and again she was very nice in telling me that my work was great but that I just wasn't a "cultural fit" for the company. She did add to please not take it personal because there are many people that aren't. What??? I made a suggestion to save time??? Unlike any work culture I've ever experienced. Note: Brush way up on your grammar!

Advice to Management

Get rid of managers under Director and start over. They have been there so long that they aren't concerned about the way they treat people at all. It's if they know they can get away with it and they let you know real quick that they can and they will!

"Remote Coding consultant"

Former Employee - Remote Coding Consultant in Lexington, SC
    Former Employee - Remote Coding Consultant in Lexington, SC

I worked at Precyse full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility of schedule working from home, pay was O.K.

Cons

Ran out of work frequently, so had to use PTO time to compensate for time. Received very little pay increase. Very little communication with management other than monthly conference calls.

Advice to Management

Cross-train full time employees on various clients so that they may have a full 40 hour work week.

5. "Company review"

Current Employee - Coding Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Coding Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Precyse part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

provides educational courses, webinars, and quizzes

Cons

minimal conversation between coder and managment

Advice to Management

communication skills needs improvement

"Coder"

Former Employee - Medical Records Coder/Reimbursement Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Medical Records Coder/Reimbursement Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Precyse (More than a year)

Pros

Remote coding position is the plus

Cons

No communication until too late

"My first years with Precyse were a wonderful employment experience."

Former Employee - Director in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Director in Wayne, PA

I worked at Precyse full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ten years ago Precyse was a wonderful place to work. There was a sense of caring, from the executive leadership to mid level management, about the employee, empowerment, and quality of services we provided to our clients. That culture faded over time.
    No pros today!

Cons

In 2012 the culture took a spiral downward turn. Executive leadership changed. At the VP level, the communication was less than truthful, there was a culture of mistrust, and no clear direction for client delivery. With that, good employees left and those that remained under the direction of certain VPs in particular, were badgered, bullied, and left to face clients with services that were substandard. Unfortunately we lost our credibility as a company with many of our clients and not to mention good employees who offered a strong commitment to the company.

Advice to Management

I hope that MedAssets drives the HIM bus as well as the revenue cycle side of the business. Clearly, the current leadership is lacking the ability to do so.

"Acute Care Medical Transcriptionist"

Former Employee - Acute Care Medical Transcriptonist in Hopkins, SC
    Former Employee - Acute Care Medical Transcriptonist in Hopkins, SC

I worked at Precyse part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My first 5 or 6 years were great! Understanding and easy going team managers, then things started to change.

Cons

Very strict, have to work a specific schedule, line count set too high recently, the harder one works, the more they expect. Constant criticism, unable to please a new supervisor. Employed for 8 years, and no real problems until the last 4 months.

Advice to Management

More careful selection of supervisors/managers.

"Being swallowed whole by MedAssets"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Precyse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many employees are able to work from home. Lots of job openings for non-management employees. The merger promises to elevate company status in the market.

Cons

Precyse culture and commitment to employees is disappearing rapidly as MedAssets takes over and has the majority of leadership positions. Shared decision making with Precyse is superficial. Expect MedAssets employees to maintain high-level jobs and Precyse talent to slip away.

10. "Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Precyse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having worked at small, medium and large organizations it was important to me to find a culture that supported it's employees as well as the community and I found that at Precyse. The opportunities to grow and expand are yours to take and the colleagues I have the privilege to work with are some of the best in the industry.

Cons

Having the majority of the company working remotely can have an impact on the sense of team.

Advice to Management

Please retain this culture as we merge into the newco.

Precyse Response

Feb 2, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for your feedback! Retaining our culture and furthering our atmosphere of connecting is important to all of us and we are thrilled to see that you have had such a positive experience!

11. "ODM"

Current Employee - Cancer Registrar in Bridgeport, WV
    Current Employee - Cancer Registrar in Bridgeport, WV

Pros

I had my QA review and didn't meet the percent they required but because I changed hospitals very quickly and had some trouble and not enough education about my new situation, I had some problems. But they have given me educational materials to review and have answered my questions I fill qualified I can meet the minimum requirements and pass them.

Cons

Things moved really fast when I was first hired and was switched to a new employer very quickly which I agreed to do because I knew their software. I had a hard time getting acclimated to my new hospital. Things are all good now

Advice to Management

Follow thru with your new hires and check on them before the QA time come

Precyse Response

Jan 29, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate your feedback. We are glad that you found the educational materials helpful and were able to become comfortable with the account. We will also share your advice with the team. Thanks!