Preferred Systems Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott M. Goss

1. "Company is growing!"

I have been working at Preferred Systems Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive salary - good benefits - challenging work.

Cons

Gone through a lot of acquisitions in the last year or so. Still trying to figure out all of the different types of work that we do!

Advice to Management

Provide opportunity to meet people on other projects.

2. "High employee turn over rate=dissatisfactory work environment! Beware!"

I worked at Preferred Systems Solutions full-time

Pros

Location is close to 495. metro lines, bus routes, and numerous restaurants in surrounding area in Tyson's Corner, VA. Company is growing with multiple acquisitions.

Cons

I was employed with PSS for over a year and during my time there the company experienced the loss of over 20 employees and 76% of these employees willing resigned from their roles! This is a big red flag and indicator for what the work environment is like! Also, many of the former employees were very unhappy/dissatisfied with management and management styles.

Advice to Management

Establish better training methods to set up your employees for success. Treat your employees with respect. Lead by example. Value your employees.

3. "Poorly run company"

Pros

Experience for your resume. Good temporary position until you find something else. There is very little good to say about PSS.

Cons

High turnover, very low salaries, no training, management will give no guidance and throw you under the bus if they mess up. Very tense work environment since many people are unhappy and many are fired.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees fairly and treat them well

5. "Video Engineer"

Former Employee - Preferred Systems Solution (PSS) - Video Engineer in Vienna, VA

Pros

Great Company to work for.

Cons

Can not think of anything at this time

Advice to Management

Good

6. "Great Place to work!"

Pros

PSS is an amazing place to work! The management team really cares about their employees and will try their best to make it a fun culture.

Cons

I really don't have anything to say.

Advice to Management

NA

"Okay company"

I worked at Preferred Systems Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay well. Well stocked café. They try to create a fun culture.

Cons

This is a company that is in the midst of an identity crisis. They want to be a tier one federal contractor. They are really a staffing agency.

Advice to Management

Redefine your management positions than let the managers manage their teams. Having people in charge who are not really in charge breeds resentment amongst your worker bees.

"Good things must come to an end"

Former Employee - Developer in Scott AFB, IL
    Former Employee - Developer in Scott AFB, IL

I worked at Preferred Systems Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a select few people in the company that make you go starry eyed. These individuals are becoming more rare. I can't say I was any more impressed and happy with my direct manager than I have ever been before.

Cons

Unfortunately there is a lot of turnover. My project turned over 8 in a year. Losing the key person that held the flood gates shut from the VP/CEO of the company to hard nose everyone. Salary negotiations are terrible and there will be snubs. There are no cross project transfers to liven things up.

Advice to Management

Work harder to keep your guys. People shouldn't feel like chips that can be lost.

"."

I have been working at Preferred Systems Solutions full-time

Pros

Outsourcing gives you the opportunity to make many professional contacts and meet new people.

Cons

Employee Morale is extremely low

"RUN - DO NOT WALK - AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!"

Pros

It's in the middle of Tysons Corner, so the bars and restaurants you'll need after leaving work (and you will need a drink after working there) are a short walk away from the office.

Cons

Executives are ruthless, backstabbing and will throw anyone under the bus to suit their needs. HR is a machine that inputs people in like a data, treats people like data, and spits them out like yesterday's trash when the company is done with you. Their team of recruiters are terrible and make fun of the people they call for positions as soon as they hang up on them.

Advice to Management

Take lessons on being human beings.

"HORRIBLE INTERVIEW PROCESS"

Pros

NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. There is nothing nice to say, so why say something.

Cons

TERRIBLE RECRUITING DEPARTMENT. LEAVE CANDIDATES WONDERING. NEVER RESPONDS BACK TO CANDIDATES. I've called the hiring manager (it was a recruiting job) and the recruiter and neither of them got back to me. I've also emailed them both and still nothing. I interview 2 months ago. I finally called today and the recruiter informed me that they changed the hiring criteria. Really? I'm ok with not getting the job what I'm upset about is not being informed of the process like I was told in the interview. This leaves a horrible taste in my mouth. I will NEVER EVER apply for a position with this so called government contractor. I wouldn't want to work for a team like this anyway because they don't let their candidate know nothing.

Advice to Management

Make the recruiting department notify candidates of their status. This is horrible the way it is set up now. Even when you call and email nothing. Why would someone want to work for a company like this.