Prelude Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Dennis Stufft

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Fantastic Company and team"

Pros

Out of all of the companies I have worked for, Prelude Services is by far the best. It is an AMAZING company with passionate people who will do anything for each other to build and maintain a fantastic team. I have never seen a company care as much about their employees and clients as this company does. It's a fun place to work, and there is always an exciting activity/event going on each month that keeps all of the employees engaged with each other and building friendships.

The benefits here are phenomenal. Health insurance amd 401k benefits are the best I have ever seen.

I look forward to the many years to come growing with this company!

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this company

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Dec 9, 2016 – Director of HR

We are so glad to hear that you are having FUN while helping to support our mission.

2. "Health benefits"

I have been working at Prelude Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working for this company.

Cons

Recently the company changed health care plans. The company has seemed to no longer be a family company. It now feels like a corporate machine.

Mar 27, 2017 – Director of HR

We are glad you enjoy working for Prelude. Yes, we recently switched from a PPO to an HSA. This was a major change for Prelude because the renewal rate for a PPO would have been a financial... More

"Bullies"

Pros

NONE that I can think of

Cons

HR and CEO are just bullies -- if you have any difficulties just be prepared to be bullied right out the door.

Advice to Management

Get sensitivity training and learn how to help instead of bully to make people do exactly what you want

Mar 22, 2016 – Director of HR

As a company grows, employee accountability is essential for the success and viability of the Company. It is necessary for Management to make decisions that are best for the Company.

"Great people; Unrealistic expectations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Prelude Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hardest working group of people I've ever seen (excluding upper-Management). The people doing the day-to-day support tasks are constantly going above and beyond for the clients. My co-workers are some of the most honest and blue collar people I've ever met, and I mean that as a compliment.

Cons

Upper-Management is completely out of touch with the reality of the current status of the business. Promises and expectations are made and that can never possibly be achieved, even though the employees are working 24x7 to execute them. The business has grown too quickly for its own good and is severely understaffed. Fundamental problems are recognized by the employees but not by upper-Management, therefore, a large division between the two areas is a constant point of contention.

Advice to Management

Focus needs to be on the current clients rather than constantly trying to add larger facilities from all over the country that cannot be supported properly. Stop ignoring the reality of what the true workload is. You cannot continue to bully and degrade your employees in order to get results that were promised without understanding the magnitude of what it takes to actually achieve them.

Feb 9, 2016 – Director of HR

I appreciate your feedback and I understand your frustration. As we continue to grow AND meet our client’s needs, Prelude is working hard to ensure high quality while having manageable growth. The... More

"Love it!"

Current Employee - IT Support Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - IT Support Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Prelude Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people, kind and considerate

Cons

There is no con at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up!

Feb 9, 2016 – Director of HR

I appreciate your feedback! Glad you are happy in your new job at Prelude! Please let us know if there is anything we can do in the future.

"Great Group of People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

I have been working at Prelude Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have never worked with a better group of people. All are willing to go the extra mile to provide a superior product to the customer. Great benefits with above average vacation days. Above average pay for the area.

Cons

Fast paced environment but this may not be a con if you like that sort of thing.

Oct 1, 2015 – Director of HR

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Prelude is a very fast paced dynamic environment which is a great thing for those who enjoy keeping on top of their skills and not being bored. We... More

"Great People"

I have been working at Prelude Services full-time

Pros

Prelude full of very talented individuals that are willing to go the extra mile to get the job done. It is a dynamic work environment, with a lot of opportunities for learning. The benefits and PTO plans are generous. Each day our IT services play a vital part in the care of the elderly.

Cons

Typical growing pains of a small to medium size company that is growing.

Oct 1, 2015 – Director of HR

I love your phrase "dynamic work environment". Prelude is a very fast paced environment and our goal is to find people who thrive in that culture. One of the reasons why it is so dynamic... More

"Helpdesk"

Current Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Mechanicsburg, PA

Pros

Normal business hours and a fun team environment to work in.

Cons

This job demands hard work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Oct 1, 2015 – Director of HR

I am so glad to hear you are enjoying working here! We do expect a lot out of our people, but that is why we hire the best!

"Enjoyable place to work"

Pros

Prelude is staffed with very technical, intelligent individuals. Most people are pleasant and easy to get along with. The benefits and PTO plans are generous.

Cons

Communication between departments could be improved. Make sure all staff is notified and prepared before making significant changes to systems.

Apr 7, 2015 – Director of HR

We appreciate the feedback. Our people are our most valuable resource!

"Unrealistic Expectations"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Camp Hill, PA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Camp Hill, PA

I worked at Prelude Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great health care benefits. Talented staff who are willing to go the extra mile for clients. Lots of potential for growth.

Cons

A CEO who promises far more than he knows he can deliver. Overextended and under resourced departments. A curious obsession with growing into business areas outside of their core competences.

Advice to Management

Trust your staff. Listen to them and act on their feedback. They know more than you think they do about your clients' operations. You hire such talented and dedicated people - let them work to their strengths instead of wedging them into your agenda arbitrarily. Stop promising more than you can deliver. You may keep some of those talented folks around longer.

Mar 11, 2015 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback. Our employees are some of the most talented hard working professionals in the area! One thing I love about Prelude is the potential for growth in the IT field – IT is... More