Prelude Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dennis Stufft

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic Company and team"

Pros

Out of all of the companies I have worked for, Prelude Services is by far the best. It is an AMAZING company with passionate people who will do anything for each other to build and maintain a fantastic team. I have never seen a company care as much about their employees and clients as this company does. It's a fun place to work, and there is always an exciting activity/event going on each month that keeps all of the employees engaged with each other and building friendships.

The benefits here are phenomenal. Health insurance amd 401k benefits are the best I have ever seen.

I look forward to the many years to come growing with this company!

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this company

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Dec 9, 2016 – Director of HR

We are so glad to hear that you are having FUN while helping to support our mission.

"Love it!"

Current Employee - IT Support Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - IT Support Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Prelude Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people, kind and considerate

Cons

There is no con at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up!

Feb 9, 2016 – Director of HR

I appreciate your feedback! Glad you are happy in your new job at Prelude! Please let us know if there is anything we can do in the future.

"Great people; Unrealistic expectations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Prelude Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hardest working group of people I've ever seen (excluding upper-Management). The people doing the day-to-day support tasks are constantly going above and beyond for the clients. My co-workers are some of the most honest and blue collar people I've ever met, and I mean that as a compliment.

Cons

Upper-Management is completely out of touch with the reality of the current status of the business. Promises and expectations are made and that can never possibly be achieved, even though the employees are working 24x7 to execute them. The business has grown too quickly for its own good and is severely understaffed. Fundamental problems are recognized by the employees but not by upper-Management, therefore, a large division between the two areas is a constant point of contention.

Advice to Management

Focus needs to be on the current clients rather than constantly trying to add larger facilities from all over the country that cannot be supported properly. Stop ignoring the reality of what the true workload is. You cannot continue to bully and degrade your employees in order to get results that were promised without understanding the magnitude of what it takes to actually achieve them.

Feb 9, 2016 – Director of HR

I appreciate your feedback and I understand your frustration. As we continue to grow AND meet our client’s needs, Prelude is working hard to ensure high quality while having manageable growth. The ... More

"Great Group of People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

I have been working at Prelude Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have never worked with a better group of people. All are willing to go the extra mile to provide a superior product to the customer. Great benefits with above average vacation days. Above average pay for the area.

Cons

Fast paced environment but this may not be a con if you like that sort of thing.

Oct 1, 2015 – Director of HR

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Prelude is a very fast paced dynamic environment which is a great thing for those who enjoy keeping on top of their skills and not being bored. We ... More

"Helpdesk"

Current Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Mechanicsburg, PA

Pros

Normal business hours and a fun team environment to work in.

Cons

This job demands hard work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Oct 1, 2015 – Director of HR

I am so glad to hear you are enjoying working here! We do expect a lot out of our people, but that is why we hire the best!

"Unrealistic Expectations"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Camp Hill, PA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Camp Hill, PA

I worked at Prelude Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great health care benefits. Talented staff who are willing to go the extra mile for clients. Lots of potential for growth.

Cons

A CEO who promises far more than he knows he can deliver. Overextended and under resourced departments. A curious obsession with growing into business areas outside of their core competences.

Advice to Management

Trust your staff. Listen to them and act on their feedback. They know more than you think they do about your clients' operations. You hire such talented and dedicated people - let them work to their strengths instead of wedging them into your agenda arbitrarily. Stop promising more than you can deliver. You may keep some of those talented folks around longer.

Mar 11, 2015 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback. Our employees are some of the most talented hard working professionals in the area! One thing I love about Prelude is the potential for growth in the IT field – IT is ... More

"Small company with many great, hard-working people who will go above and beyond the call of duty."

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Camp Hill, PA
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Camp Hill, PA

I have been working at Prelude Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Personal, professional service with a hands-on approach. The people work very hard to deliver the best product.

Cons

Small company that wants to be large but is not staffed appropriately. Taking on too many clients with not nearly enough resources.

Advice to Management

Expand the staff or streamline the client base. Do a better and more effective job with a smaller group of clients rather than a mediocre/poor job with too many. Staff are dedicated, but are being extremely over-worked.

Mar 11, 2015 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, our Employees are truly incredible! Your advice to senior management is right on; in 2014 we increased staff by 13%. We currently have our PIT (Prelude ... More

"A Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

Pros

Prelude has some of the best benefits - great medical plans, very attractive PTO policy, 401k with a 50% match, FREE life insurance, LTD, and STD. Prelude pays market value compensation with annual salary and performance reviews. At Prelude you have opportunities you would not normally have to be involved in areas you might not be exposed to at a larger firm.

Cons

I don’t like the fact that we are in two separate buildings, but that is a good thing too because it means we are growing! Communication is an issue within Prelude, but I think Prelude is making some change to encourage communication and to help us communicate more effectively.

Mar 6, 2015 – Director of HR

We appreciate the feedback. Yes Prelude has a very competitive benefit package. Since this review was written we have moved into a new beautiful office space where we are all under one roof, which ... More

"Communication...what is that?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

Pros

The people that you work with on a daily basis are very well skilled and trained. There are many employees that will go the extra mile to help someone to understand an issue.

Cons

Communication, understaffing, overworked, undercompensated...I could go into much more detail, but there are many facets that Prelude needs to overcome to be a better place to work. The management will tell you one thing to make you happy; while telling others the complete opposite. There are too many projects that need completed; but not enough people to perform the tasks. When it comes to time off, it is as business requirements allow...in others words if there are no project that require your attention (which is rare). Communication is non-existant as they have requested several employee surveys and "Communication" has always been at the top of the list and still we are not told anything.

Advice to Management

Listen to your clients and employees...maybe there is a good reason why you are not getting paid for all the projects and why your employees are not giving their all!!! Also, when it comes to travel and OT...be sure to give those who work over 15 hr days on the road some recognition and time off. It is unfair to make someone travel 7 days, or even 26 days straight, and still make them come into work without any time off!!!

Mar 11, 2015 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, our employees are truly amazing! Since this review was written we have had changes in leadership and processes to help with the greater transparency at Prelude. If ... More

11. "Health benefits"

I have been working at Prelude Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working for this company.

Cons

Recently the company changed health care plans. The company has seemed to no longer be a family company. It now feels like a corporate machine.

Mar 27, 2017 – Director of HR

We are glad you enjoy working for Prelude. Yes, we recently switched from a PPO to an HSA. This was a major change for Prelude because the renewal rate for a PPO would have been a financial ... More