Premier Group Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Mailroom clerk"

Former Employee - Mailroom Clerk in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Mailroom Clerk in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment (More than a year)

Pros

Good Temp. Agency stay in touch with temps and make sure that they like in the job wanted full time but they gave me a part time in a position that I didn't know about but great to learn

Cons

Don't tell you about all the benefits

Advice to Management

Stay in touch with temps

"Excellent company and great people"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Premier for nearly 5 years, and I will always look back at my time there very positively.
    I started as a trainee and worked my way up to Team Leader level. I was lucky enough to enjoy some amazing experiences along the way, including holidays to Dubai, Miami, Barcelona and others, along with trips to some of the best restaurants in the country.
    Premier are all about rewarding success and excellence. I have read some of the negative reviews on this site from people who have left, and it annoys me to read about things such as 'long hours' or 'bad work life balance'. Everyone at Premier understands what is expected of them, and it's no surprise that so many excellent consultants have been with them for many years.
    I always had a very good relationship with the management team, Andrew W, Ben and Andrew T. They are all extremely dedicated and ambitious people who genuinely want the company and its staff to be the best, and I have the upmost respect for all of them.
    I am in no doubt Premier will continue to grow and succeed, because of the number of great people behind it. A truly great company to have been a part of.

Cons

No cons to be mentioned

"Incentives are great!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always made to feel very welcome whatever office you visit. I've been on a few of the incentives myself so they defiantly can be achieved and when your on them you get treated like royalty within the company! All round a good company to work for - does what it say on the tin!

Cons

Like all sales roles the hours are long however you do get very well rewarded for your hard work so it pays off!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do! The training is great!!

"Great experience for anyone wanting a career in Recruitment"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, Team support and incentives!
    Great earning potential for those for are willing to work for it.

Cons

Being a sales roles you have KPIs and long hours, That were not suited to me personally.

"1st Agency Role"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Warm welcome by all the employees (all 4 offices) at the Summer Party which I was invited to after just 4 days.

IMPACT training thorough and detailed. Not pushed into the role without having confidence in what I was doing.

Supported by fellow colleagues, obvious progression structure with every senior / team leader being promoted within the company.

Family like environment, invited to lunches, pool games, nights out from before I even started.

Incentives and commission structures are clear and achievable. Regularly see colleagues 'banging in deals'. Flat screen TV's showing daily success stories.

Offices have break out areas which is vital for the recruitment environment. You are encouraged to use these to let your hair down.

Cons

Almost seems too good to be true... You need to be aware / sure you want to be in recruitment but as long as you are, Premier Group will support you to achieve your full potential. Sounds cheesy but its true, you work hard to make money, they will work hard to keep you happy! Holidays, watches, commission etc...

Advice to Management

They are always visible and approachable.

"Career Suicide - if you're serious about your career stay well away"

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time

Pros

I'll admit I was sold during the interviews on the nice offices and the incentives you can go on.

Cons

-zero work/life balance, incredibly long days means no social life or time to relax during the week. everyone always seemed exhausted.
    -VERY kpi and micromanagement driven, there is a kpi for pretty much everything, every aspect of your work is constantly monitored. I lost count of the passive aggressive emails I received. Your call times are constantly monitored and you'll hear about it if you're not up to scratch. People were forced to stand for low call times.
    -very old fashioned recruitment techniques, you are trained to lie to candidates in order to extract information from them to benefit yourself. very much what I imagined recruitment in the 90s to be like.
    -awful retention rates, very much a revolving door, people join last a few weeks/months then off they go elsewhere
    -tired and highly frustrated staff, the majority of staff would talk in the pub about how much they didn't enjoy working there and wanted to leave
    -terrible basic pay, I left with a years experience and immediately got a 5k increase in my basic on a almost identical commission scheme and better working hours

"WORST COMPANY"

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time

Pros

NONE. THERE SIMPLY ARE NONE.

Cons

Very immoral. Not a trusting company. No racial diversity, all the people seem to be the same.

Advice to Management

Please invest in your staff

"Overall great place to work!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training - Full in depth training, everything is gone through in detail meaning you can go from minimal knowledge to a fully fledged consultant with only effort applied
    Commission - The commission structure is very good in comparison to other recruitment companies I interviewed with
    Atmosphere - A great bunch of people to work with, it makes the days fly by

Cons

So far there aren't to many that I have come across

Advice to Management

As of yet I do not have any advice and will update if there is

9. "Take the bad reviews with a pinch of salt!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have recently left Premier after 1.5 years of service with them as a consultant. The decision was purely mine to make and I didn't feel I was very good at the job hence why I moved on. I can't fault the company, the amount of training and support that is on offer is second to none. I voiced my concerns around 2months before me actually leaving and the company really did support me in all the areas I felt I needed further development but it really wasn't for me and I couldn't do the role anymore. The office environment was great, everyone genuinely gets on well and there is a "family feel" about the place as cliche as that sounds, you can't tell who the biggest billers are and those who are "smashing" it every month don't rub it in everyone's faces.
    I know a few people who have left some bad reviews on here and they are just bitter that it didn't work out for them. Take them with a pinch of salt and don't believe everything you read. Recruitment isn't for everyone as I found out! I wouldn't hesitate recommending this company to any of my friends who want to work in a money driven, supportive & fun loving company.

Cons

The role is hard and the company aren't afraid to say that to people before they join the business. It is long hours and can be stressful at times but that is to be expected with the amount of money you can earn! I can't fault Premier Group as a company.

Advice to Management

Keep providing the support and time to all staff within the business.

"Life at Premier"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Premier Group Recruitment for over a year and a half now and the amount of training and support on offer to each and every person in the business is unbelievable, they go above and beyond to make sure that you have everything you need to succeed at your job and be successful in the industry.
    The Director Ben is always there when you need him (for everyone whether you're on your first day or at Management level) he's hands on and always happy to help with anything just like the rest of the management team.

Secondly the incentives Premier offer to reward the teams are insane! Every quarter there are trips away in Europe, lunch clubs to the best restaurants, yearly trips to USA of course with all expenses paid and they go all out for you! The host yearly Summer and Christmas parties for the whole company to attend as well as monthly sales meetings and drinks! Each office has a bar that is stocked every Friday for the team to socialise after work with each other (optional).

Lastly Premier genuinely care about people, I could tell that right from the interview stage and it's still the same now. They have been in the Sunday top 100 companies to work for for the last 4 years running - that's not by accident!

If you’re looking to start your career in recruitment or if you want to change companies cause maybe you’re not that motivated in your current role Premier will support you, train you, help you grow and reward you incredibly well for doing your job!

Cons

There aren’t many… 5* holidays, free lunches, unlimited training and support, great colleagues and bosses, cash bonuses, amazing earning potential, car allowances.

It’s a sales job, like any you get out what you put in.

Advice to Management

It’s recruitment there is always going to be a turnover of staff, it’s not for everyone. The people that write bad reviews on here – this clearly isn’t the right industry for them, that’s not Premier’s fault.

Keep supporting the amazing team we have! :)