Premier Group Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Mailroom clerk"

Former Employee - Mailroom Clerk in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Mailroom Clerk in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment (More than a year)

Pros

Good Temp. Agency stay in touch with temps and make sure that they like in the job wanted full time but they gave me a part time in a position that I didn't know about but great to learn

Cons

Don't tell you about all the benefits

Advice to Management

Stay in touch with temps

2. "Hard work but rewarding"

Former Employee - Trainee Recruiter in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Trainee Recruiter in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I made it on to an incentive in my second quarter which was amazing.
    Summer party was really good - all the company get together
    Motivating environment, people genuinely want to be there
    Management are on top of training and are really supportive
    Company is doing everything it can to help everyone and to reward everyone.

Cons

Probably one of the most challenging jobs I've ever had to do as it is non stop and you are doing so many things at once. I was given an insane amount of training and it did seem overwhelming to start with but it sort of clicked for me and everything made sense.
    KPIs are high but I knew this would be the case when joining.
    I only left the role as I a family member was ill and I needed to relocate

Advice to Management

Keep up with the training as it is so beneficial!

3. "Keep your options open before accepting a job at Premier"

Former Employee - Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Promising training programme
    Fun incentives
    Great location

Cons

Poor senior management with lack of training capabilities which is a shame because from the outset the training programme looks promising.
    Staff favouritism which explains a lot for the companies low turnover. In short if you are not a loud and cocky individual you will not fit it.
    Unrealistic targets and ridiculous working hours.

Advice to Management

Seriously review your senior management team rather than constantly looking for new staff as they are your downfall

4. "Great back office team but underpaid"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours for back office staff (when you’re allowed to use them)
    Free breakfast
    Great office and location
    Back office join in on some incentives
    Company parties

Cons

Quick to get rid of people, “if your face fits environment”
    Underpay for back office
    Blame culture
    Lack of appreciation that back office hold everything together
    Awards are always a popularity contest and don’t reflect the work put in

Advice to Management

When you’re paying sales staff as much as you do, don’t forget the little people
    Look at the current market and how much they could be paid elsewhere or they won’t hand around
    Put in a proper bonus structure if you’re going to pay bonuses, you should make it fair at least and not based on whether the face fits
    Generally it was a great team, and nice environment most of the time, work on keeping it that way
    Lastly, stop making the parties and nights out forced fun if you make something compulsory it immediately takes some fun out of it!

"Career Builder & Money Earner"

Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Incentives - If you're prepared to work hard, and I mean really hard, then there are plenty of rewards and incentives along the way which you will earn! I've literally been on some of the best incentives that most people can only dream of.

Career - I developed my career from Trainee Consultant through to Business Manager over the course of 10 years, and have my sights set on future promotions. It's not a given, but if you are doing well and determined to develop your career, then there is plenty of opportunity. Initial promotions are based on sales targets (Senior/Lead Con) but after this you have the chance to steer your career in the direction you want, if you have the capability to do so.

Commission - Having worked in recruitment prior to Premier Group, I can tell you that wherever you work, you have to graft for your money. I've put in 15 hour shifts to ensure I'm doing enough business to get to the higher end of the commission structure (30-40%), 11 to 12 hour days as standard. I've earned commission beyond expectations (£12k in a single month), and way beyond what I could have earned at other agencies.

People - The business has a good structure across management, sales, business support and back office. You're never far away from someone who can/will help you, as long as your prepared to ask!

Cons

Long Hours & Pressure - As above, if you want to do well in this job, you have to put in the hours and be assertive with your time. If you think you can make a ton of money by doing the basic hours, then this is not the job for you. Any sales job comes with targets and pressure, so if you cant handle it then consider something else.

Advice to Management

Keep on investing in the business, technology and the people, you have a good thing going here.

"Real earning potential & career progression"

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time

Pros

Full disclosure of what is expected of you in terms of effort & KPI's right from the start and the support to meet and exceed these
    Progression plan mapped out so you know exactly what you need to do to achieve
    Internal support from Team Leaders and Managers to develop recruitment skills as well as industry knowledge
    Great team environment
    The opportunity to earn way more than in other roles with uncapped commission on top of your basic
    Being able to become a vertical market specialist and to develop your own key accounts with clients in your area

Cons

Can be a high pressure environment which some can find stressful but this is made clear when you join as is expected in sales!
    Long hours are required to adjust to the industry and exceed KPI's but again you will see the benefit of this so it's worth it

Advice to Management

Keep on communicating with all employees- everyone loves to be kept in the loop in terms of business goals!

7. "Avoid Avoid Avoid."

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Near Liverpool Street Station - can get home quicker after the extremely late nights.

Cons

I joined Premier Group with no sales experience and naively drawn in by their fancy incentives and the idea of earning lots of money very quickly. I thought that Premier would be a great environment to learn the ins and outs of the industry - I was very wrong.

I pretty much knew from the get-go that company life wouldn't be enjoyable, having being spoken to like I was a useless and that I could be replaced at a snap of their fingers. The whole company is built on ego-driven management/employees with everyone thinking they're better than each-other and if you're not cocky or a loud mouth then you simply won't make the cut with the rest of the team/managers.

As well as the general cocky loudmouth environment, there is a huge drug culture within the company. In the office, client events and company parties it's full of it.

Working late in recruitment is normal - but at Premier Group leaving on time any day of the week is seen as half a day's work. Most people feel obliged to stay in the office until 8PM most days just as a way of showing their face so they don't get ridiculed for 'being lazy'.

The company is completely KPI driven (min 3 hours on the phone or 100 dials), 30 new contacts/leads per week, 10 new companies - if you don't hit these targets daily you are told that you're not putting in enough effort and would "have to stay late and put a shift in" just to get call times up?! Not even to get more leads, for the sake of call times.....

If you're young and want a life - avoid. There are far better places to work than here, and you won't have the stress they give you.

Also, a lot of these reviews on here are fake as the company ask employees to write a good review....so don't take the good reviews on here as Gospel as they're very clearly fake

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees like disposables.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time

Pros

Great place to work and a great work/life balance. Team fit is very important when hiring so leads to a good morale in the office. Rewarded monthly, quarterly and yearly on performance such as monthly lunches at Michelin star restaurants and quarterly and yearly trips to Vegas and New Orleans

Cons

Long hours but you get out what you put in to the job role with Premier Group's great commission structure!

"The best agency I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the third Recruitment agency I have worked at - and it is by far the best! Your opinion is actually listened to and valued - even if management do not agree with your idea, they will give you feedback and take it on board, I cannot tell you how important that is in a job like this.
    Everyone is on first name terms in the company, from trainees through to directors. It is like a family feel.
    Your hard work and efforts are constantly rewarded - even a simple email from the MD or director saying well done, none of these things go unnoticed.
    It's a good fun place to work!
    The commission structure, and all of the other benefits - down to the PT sessions and breakfast everyday!!

Cons

KPIs are higher than other agencies but you are told about this before you join - plus it works.. recruitment is a numbers game at times!
    Hours are long, but what you put in is what you get back. Its a sales role, at the end of the day the more you are willing to do the more money you will make..

Advice to Management

Carry on listening to your staff!

"Do not work for this company"

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time

Pros

Commission structure, Christmas and summer parties, quarterly incentives and yearly incentives but you’re told as a new starter you can easily go on these incentives. You can’t

Cons

Everything.
    One of those companies who are willing to stab you in the back. From day 1 they sell you the dream of working as a recruitment consultant. Bearing in mind I have done this for many years.
    Not once do they tell you that if you leave the company a few days before pay day they are legally allowed to withhold your wages as it’s written into your contract.
    Long working days. Hours of work are 8:30am-6:30pm and you are expected to start at least 30 mins early and stay at least an hour after you finish.
    Any sales job is cut throat but they are willing to sack anyone for anything. It’s a bad business model and I would advise to stay away from this company. They say they invest time into every employee which is not true.

Advice to Management

Review business structure and senior staff. Would not recommend to anyone.