Premier Group Recruitment "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

Premier Group Recruitment Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated May 23, 2019

2.9
Premier Group Recruitment Director Ben Broughton (no image)
Ben Broughton
Pros
  • "Commission - The commission structure is very good in comparison to other recruitment companies I interviewed with(in 11 reviews)

• "I worked at Premier for nearly 5 years, and I will always look back at my time there very positively(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long Hours & Pressure - As above, if you want to do well in this job, you have to put in the hours and be assertive with your time(in 11 reviews)

• "Any sales job comes with targets and pressure, so if you cant handle it then consider something else(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews

"Sales recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent training Strong leaders and support

Cons

Long hours but worth it.

Premier Group Recruitment2019-05-23

"Great company! Great people"

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time

Pros

I worked at Premier for less than a year and my time there was great! The company make sure they look after their staff with amazing incentives! The support from the management team at times of need is outstanding and they do all in their power to help and support you in anyway which says a lot about them as genuine people.

Cons

Premier expect you to do the best you can do so be prepared to put in hard work and long hours because the job can get very stressful at times and you must be able to take on the pressure.

Premier Group Recruitment2019-01-17

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Training Administrator in Reading, England

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Managers and team are very friendly and make new employees feel welcome into the business. For all employees, we have the opportunity to earn high potential with incentives on top. Everyone who works for Premier has the potential to build a career, progress and work towards targets to win holidays away. Managers have a hands on approach, which helps employees feel valued in the team and results in transparent relationships with Manager and Team Leaders.

Cons

Premier work long hours and targets can make the job stressful, however these are spoken about in interview processes so are already preconceived before starting.

Premier Group Recruitment2018-12-24

"Great place to start a career in Recruitment!"

Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment for less than a year

Pros

IMPACT training Supportive management team Clear progression path

Cons

Long hours - you have to put these in to see results Not an easy job - but well worth the pay / incentives

Premier Group Recruitment2018-12-12

"Avoid"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time

Pros

IMPACT Training. Incentives.

Cons

Poor pay Poor management Lack of respect Long hours

Premier Group Recruitment2018-11-30

"Career Builder & Money Earner"

Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Incentives - If you're prepared to work hard, and I mean really hard, then there are plenty of rewards and incentives along the way which you will earn! I've literally been on some of the best incentives that most people can only dream of. Career - I developed my career from Trainee Consultant through to Business Manager over the course of 10 years, and have my sights set on future promotions. It's not a given, but if you are doing well and determined to develop your career, then there is plenty of opportunity. Initial promotions are based on sales targets (Senior/Lead Con) but after this you have the chance to steer your career in the direction you want, if you have the capability to do so. Commission - Having worked in recruitment prior to Premier Group, I can tell you that wherever you work, you have to graft for your money. I've put in 15 hour shifts to ensure I'm doing enough business to get to the higher end of the commission structure (30-40%), 11 to 12 hour days as standard. I've earned commission beyond expectations (£12k in a single month), and way beyond what I could have earned at other agencies. People - The business has a good structure across management, sales, business support and back office. You're never far away from someone who can/will help you, as long as your prepared to ask!

Cons

Long Hours & Pressure - As above, if you want to do well in this job, you have to put in the hours and be assertive with your time. If you think you can make a ton of money by doing the basic hours, then this is not the job for you. Any sales job comes with targets and pressure, so if you cant handle it then consider something else.

Premier Group Recruitment2018-08-30

"Great experience for anyone wanting a career in Recruitment"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun environment, Team support and incentives! Great earning potential for those for are willing to work for it.

Cons

Being a sales roles you have KPIs and long hours, That were not suited to me personally.

Premier Group Recruitment2017-09-12

"Does what it says on the tin......"

Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment

Pros

Decent people, nice offices, incentives, commission structure etc. Training was intense, but good!

Cons

Long hours but everyone knows that's recruitment. Training whilst a pro is also very full on, but good if you want to learn and fast!

Premier Group Recruitment2016-08-31

"The most surreal experience of my life"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

Worked with some great sales people. There ARE people who earn six figures here or at least there were when I worked there. That was inspiring. However no-one in the Manchester office where I worked achieved that or was even close to that money. Having said that, the incentives and commission are genuinely outstanding. You can earn life changing sums of money here. The most proactive director, Ben Broughton, is infectious. He races around like he has red bull pumping through him instead of blood.

Cons

Long hours - I once stayed till 10:30pm. You stay until you get 3 CVs out for a job you pull. This not a 8:30 - 6:30 job. You get in at 8 to beat the competition to candidates and you do not leave your desk until you have done everything you need to do. Do not be under any illusions about how hard you will work. A real "lad" culture. Some will love that, I hated it. It's all money, money, money, desk banging, c-ock measuring banterific banter. It is dressed up as being "winners" and "success" - naturally it breeds a few James Blunts. Not for everyone. The training when I was there was really poor. It consisted of sheets of paper split into ten modules. Read the paper and do an exam. Both my managers forgot where I was up to with it. You had a handful of mock client calls too when remembered. That was it. I felt let down from Premier, no consistency to the training. As a recent graduate, I needed that support! To be fair, I think Premier may have addressed this now with "IMPACT" training. Pressure. As with any sales job, but it is heated up here. The lead consultants used to get emails telling them they would be selling the big issue if they didn't pull their weight (shouldn't laugh). A manager got sacked while I was there. Numerous staff walked/sacked. The entire Manchester office is no longer there from when I worked at Premier. Someone posted the same thing in 2015 too. Don't buy into this "best places to work" guff either. We were given the survey while down at the reading office right before a big party - talk about buttering you up! Someone left a negative review of them in the survey, got found out and rollocked. Take that with a pinch of salt. _____________________________________________ Overall, this is a place to change your life. You will work your bones to the ground for it, but it can change your life. If you can handle it - great. If not, go and do a 9-5 £30K job (as advised by one of the directors himself!). I couldn't take it and I have and I am far happier. Best summary of the place is The Boiler Room where Ben Affleck is conducting a group interview. Watch it and just replace the words "first million" with "hundred grand".

Premier Group Recruitment2016-01-18

"Giving recruitment a bad name"

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time

Pros

The only pro is some of the people that I worked with in my time at Premier.

Cons

Premier encapsulates everything that people don’t like about recruiters – they are dishonest, disrespectful and don’t care about anything but money. They have a pretty good way of recruiting however, mostly taking on new grads and selling them dreams of big pay cheques and great incentives. Which, to be fair, they do deliver on. However, in order to do well in Premier, you have to take on the above approach and see both your clients and candidates as nothing but money in the bank. The environment sucks the life out of those that work there. They expect long hours staring at a dated database, making upwards of 150 calls a day. Those that don’t hit the expected call standard by lunchtime, often lose a chair for the afternoon. There is an aggressive and often bullying culture, where those who are senior swear at people and make inappropriate comments. It’s a very old school sales environment and they pay as little as possible, to make employees so desperate to earn commission that they don’t realise they are being taken advantage of. The realisation often takes place after about 12 months, which is when lots of people leave and the recruitment drive starts again. Even for those that do well, praise is short lived. They often bribe people and threaten to take away well-earned company days out if they don’t hit the set KPI’s for the week. Recruitment is an incredibly competitive industry, but Premier create an image that they are the best at what they do and the best to work for. This simply isn’t true. They have an awful reputation in the market and there are plenty of other recruitment agencies out there who are a million times better. If you’re considering a career at Premier, my advice to you is – avoid at all costs and find somewhere to work where you will actually be valued.

Premier Group Recruitment2015-07-22

Premier Group Recruitment Response

July 24, 2015Director

Thanks for your feedback, we do appreciate it. We are glad that you recognise our promise to deliver on large paycheques and excellent incentives, that is the core of our business and one of the main reasons people come to work for us and stay working for us - along with the excellent examples of career progression we have. We very much value our client relationships and I don't believe we would have such a loyal client base that has been with us for 15 years since the company formed unless we did - our recent summer drinks event saw 150 of our clients turn up to socialise with the business. As a growing business (we have increased financial revenues and headcount by 35% and 30% in the last 3 years) it is vital that when new employees start they learn the skills to win new business and build their own market place - to do this there are targets based around making calls and introducing yourself to new clients, we are sorry you didn't enjoy this part of the job. Our average tenure of employee, is just under 3 years and taking into account the fact we have added 30 new heads to the business this year we do not agree that your comment around retention is accurate. We wish you all the best for your future employment.

Found 11 reviews