Premier Group Recruitment "worked at premier" Reviews | Glassdoor

Premier Group Recruitment Employee Reviews about "worked at premier"

Updated Jan 17, 2019

2.9
Premier Group Recruitment Director Ben Broughton (no image)
Ben Broughton
Pros
  • "Commission - The commission structure is very good in comparison to other recruitment companies I interviewed with(in 11 reviews)

• "I worked at Premier for nearly 5 years, and I will always look back at my time there very positively(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long Hours & Pressure - As above, if you want to do well in this job, you have to put in the hours and be assertive with your time(in 11 reviews)

• "Any sales job comes with targets and pressure, so if you cant handle it then consider something else(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "worked at premier"

Return to all Reviews

"Great company! Great people"

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time

Pros

I worked at Premier for less than a year and my time there was great! The company make sure they look after their staff with amazing incentives! The support from the management team at times of need is outstanding and they do all in their power to help and support you in anyway which says a lot about them as genuine people.

Cons

Premier expect you to do the best you can do so be prepared to put in hard work and long hours because the job can get very stressful at times and you must be able to take on the pressure.

Premier Group Recruitment2019-01-17

"Excellent company and great people"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Reading, England

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked at Premier for nearly 5 years, and I will always look back at my time there very positively. I started as a trainee and worked my way up to Team Leader level. I was lucky enough to enjoy some amazing experiences along the way, including holidays to Dubai, Miami, Barcelona and others, along with trips to some of the best restaurants in the country. Premier are all about rewarding success and excellence. I have read some of the negative reviews on this site from people who have left, and it annoys me to read about things such as 'long hours' or 'bad work life balance'. Everyone at Premier understands what is expected of them, and it's no surprise that so many excellent consultants have been with them for many years. I always had a very good relationship with the management team, Andrew W, Ben and Andrew T. They are all extremely dedicated and ambitious people who genuinely want the company and its staff to be the best, and I have the upmost respect for all of them. I am in no doubt Premier will continue to grow and succeed, because of the number of great people behind it. A truly great company to have been a part of.

Cons

No cons to be mentioned

Premier Group Recruitment2017-10-04

"Life at Premier"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at Premier Group Recruitment for over a year and a half now and the amount of training and support on offer to each and every person in the business is unbelievable, they go above and beyond to make sure that you have everything you need to succeed at your job and be successful in the industry. The Director Ben is always there when you need him (for everyone whether you're on your first day or at Management level) he's hands on and always happy to help with anything just like the rest of the management team. Secondly the incentives Premier offer to reward the teams are insane! Every quarter there are trips away in Europe, lunch clubs to the best restaurants, yearly trips to USA of course with all expenses paid and they go all out for you! The host yearly Summer and Christmas parties for the whole company to attend as well as monthly sales meetings and drinks! Each office has a bar that is stocked every Friday for the team to socialise after work with each other (optional). Lastly Premier genuinely care about people, I could tell that right from the interview stage and it's still the same now. They have been in the Sunday top 100 companies to work for for the last 4 years running - that's not by accident! If you’re looking to start your career in recruitment or if you want to change companies cause maybe you’re not that motivated in your current role Premier will support you, train you, help you grow and reward you incredibly well for doing your job!

Cons

There aren’t many… 5* holidays, free lunches, unlimited training and support, great colleagues and bosses, cash bonuses, amazing earning potential, car allowances. It’s a sales job, like any you get out what you put in.

Premier Group Recruitment2017-03-08

"A message to the bitter, twisted failures posting on here looking for someone to blame..."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I like many of my colleagues here have had to shake my head in disbelief at the recent poisonous reviews that have been posted onto Glassdoor by a couple of (unsuccessful) disgruntled ex-employees who are trying hard to damage the reputation of an agency that has won award after award for creating a successful, happy place to work. I've worked at Premier for over 3 years and am proud to represent a company that trains, values and rewards it's staff so well. My advice to this group (yes we all know who you are) of people posting multiple bad reviews (just take a look at the consistent level of primary school quality grammar) is to look at yourself and why you FAILED to succeed in a place where plenty of others are thriving and fully enjoying the rewards. You don't get to be a Sunday Times Best 100 Company to work for for 4 years in a row without having a very happy, well paid workforce. Premier also has well over 100 employees now which is fantastic to see. The people posting on here were lazy, and not prepared to put in the long hours and dedication that you need to give in recruitment in order to make it. Stop moaning about pressure to hit KPI's, make phone calls and stay late (which we are all clearly told about in the interviews) - THIS IS A SALES JOB!!! You get out what you put into this job and there are plenty of consultants here earning well over £100k, driving nice cars and enjoying 5 star holidays around the world, not to mention people who have been promoted from trainee to Director level. So don't blame this business for your own failure, blame yourself and your appalling attitude.

Cons

None, I earn over £100k per year doing a job I love with people I love!

Premier Group Recruitment2016-12-19

"Great platform"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time

Pros

I worked at Premier for around 5 years, and during this time worked alongside Greg and saw him rise from a consultant in a London office with 6 people to become the London manager in charge of 30+ consultants and now shareholder, with the guidance of Ben. Now, this job (in recruitment generally) isn’t easy. Premier promote organic growth internally (i.e. rising from a junior resourcer up to management) and I did exactly that, and I do believe I wouldn’t have been able to do it without their help. With a team of graduates trying to follow this path, management do have to keep people in line in order for them to achieve success: some people are able to make something from it, whilst some can’t hack it. All in all though, I think that undoubtedly everybody that has worked for Premier - whether they like to admit it or not - does come out a much more rounded and confident person in business and for that I - as well as they - should remain grateful. Despite now running a small business, I have always tipped my hat to Greg, Ben and Andrew, who gave me the platform to make this possible. I just wanted to go and reassess what I wanted to do, and remain in contact with them today. If you want to earn money and be involved in the most exciting market in London (tech) – this is a good place to forge a career. Some people will not feel the same way, but hey ho: get a new rule book!

Cons

Some people love working in recruitment, some hate it. You'll find that most agencies will all have the same cons written about them: my opinion is written above.

Premier Group Recruitment2016-03-18

Premier Group Recruitment Response

April 5, 2016Director

Thank you for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to let others know what they can achieve at Premier.

"Great memories"

Former Employee - Lead Consultant in Reading, England

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at Premier from 2009 to 2013 and on the whole I had a very positive experience. They taught me the skills I needed to make money in recruitment in any company in any sector. The people I spent my time with were excellent and like minded who only wanted to better themselves, develop their future and hit their goals. There is a never ending commitment to growth from the Directors (Andrew and Ben) and you as an employee were also encouraged to have the same view. Though it's tiring and can be monotonous, this applies to any sales role and the money/incentives/career progression far out weighs this. When I worked there, I had belief in my manager, confidence in the company and my own ability from constant communication and support. Like I said, good memories.

Cons

The only negative aspect about this job was when we entered the Middle East market, I was partly to blame for this as I didn't adapt quickly enough and this really hit my self belief leading to my departure. Also, I feel as though the management were not well advised enough on realistic time frames for success (in Dubai) and their choice of Director was more based on the ability to enter the lucrative market, less so on their ability to grow the business and stick to the proven Premier way. I had to leave the company as I was in a compromising position and we left on pretty bad terms. However they were fair to me and though obviously disappointed, I'm pretty sure they understood.

Premier Group Recruitment2016-02-15

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews