Premier, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is mostly non existent (in 32 reviews)

• Since going public, it been clear that all they care about now it their bottom line (in 7 reviews)

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Premier, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance. Public Company. Fast Paced. Always Changing

Cons

Doesn't reward long time employees. Market adjustments are hard to get. Since going public the culture has drastically changed

Advice to Management

Pay attention to changes in market salaries. Help employees to advance.

"Director"

Former Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Premier, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mission driven and really smart people. Flexible work schedule supported by great benefits. Number of learning opportunities and encouragement by leaders in the organization.

Cons

Decision Making was reactionary at times but maybe it's just nature of the business. Went through few acquisitions that created perceived ambiguity on certain areas.

"Premier is good, but not perfect"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Premier, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules, fair pay, very talented teams

Cons

Lots of "yay, Premier" stuff, but they also don't hesitate to "lean" things out staff wise when it is deemed necessary

"Associate Sourcing Specialist"

I have been working at Premier, Inc. full-time

Pros

Innovative and forward thinking company with opportunity to move into different roles.

Cons

Location of office (if you live in North Charlotte)

5. "Not good, Not bad ... OK"

I worked at Premier, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great Downtown Location, transportation options

Cons

Downtown in the winter can be pretty smoggy

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Premier, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Supportive local team, flexible schedule, great benefits

Cons

It can be a boys club

"Serious concerns for the longevity of the company..."

Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Premier, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Used to be a great company before they went public in 2013

Cons

Bros club. Males will have a much better chance of success. No respect for women in a lot of levels/depts. Don't forget your bourbon and cigar. I know what you are thinking, surprising with a woman CEO.. (shocking I know but she also doesn't respect women in the work place.. SAD.)
    Work life balance is mostly non existent.
    Claim to be innovative, one of our "values", but I've seen numerous great innovative ideas come about and they are quickly shot down.
    Current company structure will not work in the long term and company is not evolving fast enough to keep up with business and trends around them. Again lack of innovation.
    You have to work ridiculous hours and be either a total nut case or jerk to be successful, which is saying a lot since half the staff is a VP or higher. In which 70+% are (mostly caucasian?) males.
    Need to do some major clean up with leadership.
    Claim to be an IT company... haven't seen a good IT program yet.. in-house or out that's good.
    Overall company continues to go downhill... used to be "non profit" or so claimed.. now all they care about is their own bottom line.
    Need a new mission statement, no longer "Improving the health of the communities"

Advice to Management

I'm seeing a lot of really good people leaving right now. Advice would be to focus on employee retention. You are keeping/retaining the bad ones that cant get a better gig elsewhere and all your good employees are running out the door.
    Likewise I think the hospitals/health systems are also leaving a lot quicker than they are coming...

8. "Sr. Performance Partner"

Current Employee - Senior Performance Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Performance Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Premier, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people work at Premier at all levels. It is difficult to create a work environment that is somewhat team and almost family oriented when the majority of people are remote. There is a vast amount of data and opportunity at your finger tips.

Cons

We are striving very hard to be innovative but we get in our own way and fear new ideas due to the toll it would take to change to accommodate them. Premier is so very complex there are silos in our different divisions. We try to break them when we should just try to set up methods to facilitate support between them.

Advice to Management

When someone goes out of their way to be innovative be sure the idea is given a true chance. You just be supportive of those stepping beyond their typical job responsibilities to make things better. Find a way to recognize those that are spending time to innovate even if their idea doesn't turn out.

"Felt lost after company went public"

Former Employee - Technical Product Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Technical Product Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Premier, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility in being able to work remote when needed, decent yearly bonus, nice employee recognition program, on-site fitness offerings for free

Cons

Once Premier went public and started acquiring companies, I feel it definitely lost a lot of what I came there for. I no longer felt like part of the team, and often felt confused about my role in the organization. I also was expected to bring employees from a newly acquired company into the Premier fold, and was given absolutely no direction as to how to do that; so, I totally winged it. Constant re-organizations and down-sizing left me feeling afraid for my own job.

Advice to Management

If employees are truly important in the eyes of management, then they need to be given proper training, be allowed opportunities for growth, and be assimilated into the culture of Premier in appropriate ways.

"Contract Administrator"

Current Employee - Contract Administrator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Contract Administrator in New York, NY

I have been working at Premier, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair Pay, Fair Work. I work in the NY office (Which was recently bought out by Premier Inc). Good work-life balance overall.

Cons

Don't really invest in their Employees, their Insurance plan SUCKS. Can be slow at times... Entry-Level Employees don't experience much growth.

Advice to Management

Focus on making your Employees learn skills that are useful outside of your company as well. Especially for Entry Level Employees who got hired straight after college, perhaps give them opportunities to explore different parts of the company.