Premier Members Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Carlos Pacheco
  1. "Loved my experience"

Former Employee - Msr in Westminster, CO

I worked at Premier Members Credit Union part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibile schedule, coworkers and manager were amazing and like family, family oriented company overall and loved the banking software they use. If I did not move states I would have stayed at my job, I absolutely loved it.

Cons

None, overall happy experience no complaints

Premier Members Credit Union2017-02-02

"Premier Members Credit Union"

Former Employee - Teller in Longmont, CO

I worked at Premier Members Credit Union part-time for more than a year

Pros

My co-workers were wonderful and the hiring process was quick and efficient. My branch was not particularly busy so the work environment was usually laid back.

Cons

The salary for all positions is not competitive with other credit unions in the area. Many of the changes the company makes to try and better itself do not work well with the customers or long-term employees. Employee reward system enforcement encouraged employees to exaggerate their accomplishments or be awarded at different standards across managers.

Advice to Management

Remove employee bonus system in exchange for increasing pay rate. Use employees rather than outside consultants when debating new policy options and focus on IT hiring to improve both employee and customer experience.

Premier Members Credit Union2019-03-06

"At Times A Hostile Work Environment"

Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at Premier Members Credit Union part-time for more than a year

Pros

Once you begin employment, training is paid moves at a comfortable pace, is incredibly easy, well administered, and understandable. The very top leadership (CEOs) are very supportive of the entire company's staff and try to touch base with employees, regardless of the employees rank within the company.

Cons

Depending on where your job requires you to work, whether it be a branch or the main office, you might as well expect to be enveloped by a hostile work environment. The bulk of the issues are with employees and managers at the multiple Premier Members branches. There are constantly disputes between branch managers and other employees such as tellers that can get quite heated. These disputes typically are not only within...

Advice to Management

Get a grip on your managers and the procedures set in place to protect employees. Right now you are actively promoting and fostering an outright abusive workplace where employees are often harassed and even sometimes made fun of for their differences.

Premier Members Credit Union2018-12-10

December 17, 2018Sr. Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the feedback you’ve shared here. We’re so sorry to learn your experience at PMCU hasn’t achieved our goal to provide every team member with the best possible workplace. Our intention is to offer a challenging and collaborative work environment, fun and supportive culture, ...

4. "Great Place to Begin a Career"

Former Employee - Collections Specialist in Boulder, CO

I worked at Premier Members Credit Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Premier offers many training opportunities and job coaching support. Credit unions are always the best!

Cons

Wages can be low but you get an opportunity to serve your community rather than eat the customer alive like banks do.

Premier Members Credit Union2018-05-21

May 24, 2018Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thanks for the feedback! We really do pride ourselves on improving in all aspects and a positive work culture. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

5. "Member service consultant"

I worked at Premier Members Credit Union full-time

Pros

Three weeks PTO, nice people to work with, good locations, easy to use software, low volume of clients, small company feel. Great IT department.

Cons

Management does not have clearly defined vision. Difficult to navigate and receive internal support. Long turn around for loans, not much to do during the day.

Advice to Management

Define roles more effectively, give employees more responsibility, staff more part time, open all locations on Saturday. Generate more loans, standardize incentive pay for low traffic branches.

Premier Members Credit Union2017-07-17

July 18, 2017Sr. Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate the opportunity to gain a better insight into how Premier Members CU staff feel about their professional experience. There is always room for growth, it is helpful to understand what we as an organization are doing to provide positive ...

"Loan Officer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Premier Members Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have very hard working front line employees.

Cons

Management communicates by screaming at their employee. There is no room to grow your career

Advice to Management

I wish management listen to their employee that is doing the day to day jobs.

Premier Members Credit Union2017-08-07

August 11, 2017Sr. Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the feedback you’ve shared here. We’re so sorry to learn your experience that PMCU didn’t achieve our goal to provide every team member with the best possible work place. Our intention is to offer a challenging and collaborative work environment, fun and supportive ...

7. "Teller"

I worked at Premier Members Credit Union part-time

Pros

PMCU offered excellent flexibility in work schedule.

Cons

It was impossible to get any sort of raise even though I was training the new people from the merger who were being paid more than I was.

Premier Members Credit Union2017-05-10

May 11, 2017Sr. Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience as a team member. We are sorry to hear about your frustration. PMCU really appreciates your input and has shared the information with our leadership team. Thank you for taking the time to provide this important feedback.

"Overall A Good Organization"

I have been working at Premier Members Credit Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Value Work-Life Balance, gives back to the community, friendly coworkers for the most part, telecommute options for many positions, benefits are good

Cons

Low pay for back office staff, low morale, hard to reach HR for questions, people are not disciplined or held accountable for actions, so hard workers end up with extra work with no reward.

Advice to Management

Obtain a better valuation of pay, especially for one of the most expensive costs of living in the country.

Premier Members Credit Union2017-02-07

February 8, 2017Sr. Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you; we value the constructive feedback you’ve shared here. PMCU is committed to continuously improving the organization as a place to work, and your perspective on the credit union’s opportunities to improve is helpful.

9. "An Organization that Really Cares"

I have been working at Premier Members Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PMCU has great values of giving, innovation and sustainability with numerous opportunities for employees throughout the organization to participate in values driven endeavors. Career development and promotion are taken seriously. I know that I can share my concerns and ideas with the CEOs and my direct supervisors and they will be considered.

Cons

Sometimes change seems to take longer than necessary. Due to the nature of the business with branches in different areas there are employees I work with regularly whom I have never met in person. I wish we had more opportunities to meet in person to build rapport with coworkers.

Advice to Management

Create systems to allow for greater flow so projects don't get stalled waiting for approval. Have more opportunities for face to face team building.

Premier Members Credit Union2016-12-07
  10. "Employment History"

I worked at Premier Members Credit Union full-time

Pros

Fantastic hours, great environment and people. IT department very attentive and willing to assist. Great process and procedures for new hires.

Cons

Low pay but industry average. HR difficult to get a hold of for questions and concerns about benefits and 401k

Advice to Management

Take more time with employees regarding benefits and retirement plan options.

Premier Members Credit Union2016-12-06

December 19, 2016Sr. Digital Marketing Specialist

We’re sorry we didn’t meet your needs in providing the requested information regarding benefits. We always seek to improve, though, and sincerely appreciate the feedback.

Found 14 reviews