Premier Research Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Premier Research Chief Executive Officer Ludo Reynders
Ludo Reynders

Pros
  • There are some really great people there (in 6 reviews)

• The company has made alot of improvements from my understanding to make it a great place to work (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Since the last major change in upper management, this company really tries hard to cut corners (in 10 reviews)

• Line managers are quick to play favorites, and tend to be passive-aggressive in their behavior when challenged (in 6 reviews)

1. "Project Manager"

I have been working at Premier Research full-time

Pros

Flexibility, good benefits, good coworkers, growth

Cons

organization, need for industry standards

2. "Data Coordinator"

I worked at Premier Research full-time

Pros

Nice group of people to work with.

Cons

No negative comments to share.

3. "Low-ball salary bids"

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Premier Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None NA Nada Zero Empty set.

Cons

It is not difficult to find other companies willing to pay higher salaries for quality work. Since the last major change in upper management, this company really tries hard to cut corners.

"Clinical Manager/MRA"

Former Employee - Clinical Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Clinical Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Premier Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My team was great; did not micro-manage; great support

Cons

Working for their client Boehringer Ingelheim was beyond challenging. Huge Micro-managers. All of their systems were a nightmare.

Advice to Management

NA

6. "Amazing place to work"

Pros

A great company that truly wants their employees to succeed. Wish I worked here sooner!

Cons

A lot of changes happening at once.

"Pretty much a roller coaster"

Current Employee - Project Management/SSU in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Project Management/SSU in Austin, TX

I have been working at Premier Research full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- The pay is (now!) competitive, and raises are (now!) regular for some departments and positions (although not all).
    - It's a great place to get your feet wet in the research industry.
    - You can gain a lot of experience at many different types of studies.
    - Many of the US-based team managers are really good at their jobs (CMs, PMs) and are fun to work with.
    - They really do make attempts to foster a sense of community.
    - Benefits are decent.
    - There is a pervading positive feeling about working at the company, despite its issues.
    - There are some really great people there...I made several lifelong friends out of the experience.

Cons

- This company underwent a huge restructuring a few years back, and the employees paid for it. They changed people's positions and roles, re-assigning employees and relegating them to new positions without asking for their preferences.
    - There was, and remains, little appreciation/recognition for expertise of longtime employees. This company has been all too willing to let people go (I witnessed 4 mass layoffs over the 10 years I was there, and that was not pretty). Nowadays, employees are turned loose or encouraged to quit if they don't fit the newly redesigned "mold" of the newly redefined positions.
    - Line managers are quick to play favorites, and tend to be passive-aggressive in their behavior when challenged. Ultimately, they are not experienced at doing the job for which they are supposedly providing guidance.
    - In the Project Management and Start-up departments, the condescension from line managers and department heads is palpable; they literally treat their employees like children. New employees are hired at entry level positions with low pay and are babied, coddled and flattered with a forced "aren't we having FUN now, kids?" attitude. More experienced or senior employees undergo general indifference, petty attacks, gossip behind their backs, and subtle devaluations at the hands of their line managers...yet are absolutely expected to pick up the slack for the new employees' lack of training by those line managers.
    - Managers of the Project Management and SSU departments make feeble, insincere attempts to solicit people's opinions on team calls, while strongly discouraging one's opinion on 1:1 calls.
    - There is a general discouragement of moving between departments & achieving promotions within the company. Most who do manage to transition have to go through an arduous, challenging struggle just to get "approval" to make the move. Many do not succeed at breaking through these walls...so they leave.
    - For those employees who weathered years of internal changes, there is a pervading air of "just deal with it" when it comes to facing problems that the managers themselves have created.
    The majority of EU-based project managers are only experienced in their own area of residence. This inexperience creates problems when managing global teams and studies, and causes these inexperienced managers to either lean too heavily on their other country counterparts (creating more work for support members), or ignore them and their opinions entirely, thereby jeopardizing the study.
    - Development of new systems and processes are inefficient and are now so micromanaged that everyone does the job the same way, yet no one does the job well. All studies are not alike and there is no consideration for that.
    - The longer I stayed, the less valued I felt. The last year or two I was there, there were frequent, blatant discussions of how many people were "jumping ship."By the time I myself left, I was more than happy to walk that plank.

Advice to Management

Senior Mgmt: Solicit opinions from the employees who actually do the work, not their line managers. Actively seek out employee reviews of their line managers. You'd be astonished at what you discover. There's a lot of mistreatment, favoritism, and downright discrimination. Please try and care about that.
    Line managers: Metrics are not the be-all and end-all, no matter how much pressure you're under. Also: Simplifying processes and removing independent decision-making actually only makes desk monkeys, not good employees.

8. "Great Place to Become a Valued Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Pros

Great Company culture! Exciting time to join, doing a lot of growth and positive changes happening. Company is perfect size to feel valued and be able to make an impact as well!

Cons

I didn't start working here soon enough!

"OK company"

Pros

Not responsible for too many sites

Cons

Management and pay is not that great

"Full Time Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Premier Research (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits and PTO. Flexible working hours.

Cons

All time needs to be billed/accounted for in timesheet system. Pay is below market value.

"CRA"

I worked at Premier Research (Less than a year)

Pros

The only thing good about this company is great pay.

Cons

Horrible clinical managers. Lina Managers claim they support you but they're really supporting the CMs. ALOT of pettiness and politics go on in this company just for people to make themselves look good. They do not care if you are on site a whole week. It's expected to get work done right away even while on site and away from your home office Premier CLAIMS they care about their CRAs...but they don't. I spent MOST of my time crying in this company.

Advice to Management

Update your systems ! Who still uses Microsoft Word to write trip reports??