Premier Research Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Premier Research Chief Executive Officer Ludo Reynders
Ludo Reynders

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A lot of good people to work with and good amount of PTO (in 8 reviews)

• There are some really great people there (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • We must take on everything that comes our way and upper management doesn't care how it gets done as long as it does (in 11 reviews)

• Line managers are rude and not open to change (in 7 reviews)

"DON'T BOTHER APPLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I worked at Premier Research full-time

Pros

There are plenty of employees UNDER management that were a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Line managers are rude and not open to change. If they feel threaten by you or your ideas, they will either take them or get rid of you.

Communication and honesty isn't valued here.

Absolutely no work/life balance.

HR does not have have your best interest at heart. They say one thing but will secretly stab you in the back. Also most of the 5/5 you see under their reviews is HR.

Employees in certain departments are hard to work with and super opposed to change even if it's helping the company move forward. They're so comfortable and feel "secure" that they feel entitled and will speak to you in any kind of way.

Advice to Management

Advice to CEO instead... get out of your office and really figure out who your employees (line managers) really are. They are a big part of your turnover rate.

"Clinical Manager"

Former Employee - Clinical Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Clinical Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Premier Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good CRAs. Small CRO however salary is in line with bigger CROS. Fair vacation policy. Training helpful as systems are so outdated.

Cons

Clueless line management. Line management does not understand clinical research. Argumentative and extremely rude line managers. Systems are very old and quirky.

"Low-ball salary bids"

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Premier Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None NA Nada Zero Empty set.

Cons

It is not difficult to find other companies willing to pay higher salaries for quality work. Since the last major change in upper management, this company really tries hard to cut corners.

"CRA"

I worked at Premier Research (Less than a year)

Pros

The only thing good about this company is great pay.

Cons

Horrible clinical managers. Lina Managers claim they support you but they're really supporting the CMs. ALOT of pettiness and politics go on in this company just for people to make themselves look good. They do not care if you are on site a whole week. It's expected to get work done right away even while on site and away from your home office Premier CLAIMS they care about their CRAs...but they don't. I spent MOST of my time crying in this company.

Advice to Management

Update your systems ! Who still uses Microsoft Word to write trip reports??

5. "Employee"

I have been working at Premier Research full-time

Pros

A paycheck twice a month, hotel points, airline miles, car rental points, airline club membership or tsa precheck, cell phone, reimbursement for office supplies, $500 office start-up; a whole lot of goofying off; ability to vacation on company time and expense without getting detected;

Cons

What more can a person ask for when given all of the pros.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring staff that are clueless; it really helps me dodge the bullet.

"Terrible"

Former Employee - Project Associate in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Location. Work in center city is great and convenient.

Cons

This is by far the WORST company I have ever worked for and this coming from someone who worked at TJMAXX for $5.65 at hour. There is nothing but micromanaging and nepotism. The only way to succeed is to kiss up and rat out your co-workers. Most people at this company don't even like each other because of the constant competition. There is absolutely no team work and no life balance. They could care less about your kids being sick, doctors appointments etc. It's work first and second. Your life comes last. So many people are forced to come in on there off days to assist with backlogs of work. They use names during conference calls. They're just VERY unprofessional. Sensitive site documents are stored in cardboard boxes on a cart. I could go on for days I wouldn't allow my worst enemy to apply there.

Advice to Management

Be more PROFESSIONAL. TRAIN your employees. STOP micromanaging. No one want a coworker who does their same job telling them what to do. Be more TEAM DRIVEN. PAY your workers on time!

"Don't Work Here!!!!"

Pros

Pay weekly and on time. They provide laptop and business card. Nothing more good to say about this company.

Cons

New hire/start up is confusing. The line managers give out inaccurate information, forms and responsible departments/people to send forms. They hire only senior people, but micro manage their studies. Their line managers are condescending to their employees/co-workers. Their study training lacks usefulness and they lack imagination on providing study tools to sites. They set sites/CRAs up to fail.

Advice to Management

Resource studies better. Think about employees needs. When you have regionally based people, you cannot use the one size fits all stereotype. Just because you feel work-life balance is important, that has a different meaning to everyone.

"DONT WORK HERE!....you will regret it!"

I worked at Premier Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The location, location, location, location location, location, location....that's about it!

Cons

Very high turnover rate, Unfriendly people, unorganized, A lot of favoritism, stressful environment.

Advice to Management

This place is absolutely the worst! It's a small CRO company that has a very high turnover rate. My observation as an employee with this company has been nothing but surprises. First of all, most of the employees here at the Philadelphia office are very unfriendly and rude. People tend to bring their personal issues to the job and give you eye rolling and fake half smiles in return. Next, the upper management and HR have their favorites they mingle with. If your not kissing up to the higher management or HR, then you pretty much out of luck and they dislike you completely. No matter how great of an employee you are, it doesn't mean a thing with this company. They honestly don't value their employees and have no sense of respect. Also it seems to be a problem with organizational skills and paper documents are all over the place. Overall, I highly don't recommend anyone to apply for employment here because you will be a very miserable person. Also to the clients and investigators looking to trust this company, DON'T DO IT! don't waste your time with this small CRO company. Go with another CRO company that is more professional with great people and great organizational skills. You wont find it here.

"Project Associate"

I worked at Premier Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small company with a potential of been a great place to work.

Cons

Poor management, lack of respect from management. Con employees with false hope for advancement. Clinical managers are inexperienced, rude, and no one holds them accountable. Line management is a joke, micro managers with no management experience. High turn over rate due to the politics and bureaucrats.

Advice to Management

The vision for premier research is not properly executed by those put in charge to do so. Management should be more transparent.

"Sr. CRA"

Former Employee - Senior CRA
    Former Employee - Senior CRA

I worked at Premier Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was decent and that's the only good thing about this organization and that you actually got paid before you submitted your hours.

Cons

The worst group of Line Managers, CTMs and Directors I have ever worked with. I had a line manager that micro managed and it drove me nuts, she speaks to you like you are a child. While out on PTO I returned to work and out of the numerous emails that I had received more than half were from my line manager alone. Constantly wasting your time while you are on site for non important issues. They employ Clinical Managers who have never monitored before which means they don't know many of the basic monitoring 101 rules. Payroll is located in Europe and they never respond to voice or emails. If you have an issue with pay you have to first go through your line manager who in return will follow up with payroll on your behalf. Not to mention the resourcing staff that's another issue. Management at this company is a big joke and is the reason many folks have left.

Advice to Management

Employ Managers who know what they are doing