Premier Research Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Premier Research Chief Executive Officer Ludo Reynders
Ludo Reynders

Pros
  • Good people, good locations, good opportunities (in 6 reviews)

• There are some really great people there (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Since the last major change in upper management, this company really tries hard to cut corners (in 10 reviews)

• Line managers are quick to play favorites, and tend to be passive-aggressive in their behavior when challenged (in 6 reviews)

"Low-ball salary bids"

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Premier Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None NA Nada Zero Empty set.

Cons

It is not difficult to find other companies willing to pay higher salaries for quality work. Since the last major change in upper management, this company really tries hard to cut corners.

"CRA"

I worked at Premier Research (Less than a year)

Pros

The only thing good about this company is great pay.

Cons

Horrible clinical managers. Lina Managers claim they support you but they're really supporting the CMs. ALOT of pettiness and politics go on in this company just for people to make themselves look good. They do not care if you are on site a whole week. It's expected to get work done right away even while on site and away from your home office Premier CLAIMS they care about their CRAs...but they don't. I spent MOST of my time crying in this company.

Advice to Management

Update your systems ! Who still uses Microsoft Word to write trip reports??

3. "Employee"

I have been working at Premier Research full-time

Pros

A paycheck twice a month, hotel points, airline miles, car rental points, airline club membership or tsa precheck, cell phone, reimbursement for office supplies, $500 office start-up; a whole lot of goofying off; ability to vacation on company time and expense without getting detected;

Cons

What more can a person ask for when given all of the pros.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring staff that are clueless; it really helps me dodge the bullet.

"Terrible"

Former Employee - Project Associate in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Location. Work in center city is great and convenient.

Cons

This is by far the WORST company I have ever worked for and this coming from someone who worked at TJMAXX for $5.65 at hour. There is nothing but micromanaging and nepotism. The only way to succeed is to kiss up and rat out your co-workers. Most people at this company don't even like each other because of the constant competition. There is absolutely no team work and no life balance. They could care less about your kids being sick, doctors appointments etc. It's work first and second. Your life comes last. So many people are forced to come in on there off days to assist with backlogs of work. They use names during conference calls. They're just VERY unprofessional. Sensitive site documents are stored in cardboard boxes on a cart. I could go on for days I wouldn't allow my worst enemy to apply there.

Advice to Management

Be more PROFESSIONAL. TRAIN your employees. STOP micromanaging. No one want a coworker who does their same job telling them what to do. Be more TEAM DRIVEN. PAY your workers on time!

"Don't Work Here!!!!"

Pros

Pay weekly and on time. They provide laptop and business card. Nothing more good to say about this company.

Cons

New hire/start up is confusing. The line managers give out inaccurate information, forms and responsible departments/people to send forms. They hire only senior people, but micro manage their studies. Their line managers are condescending to their employees/co-workers. Their study training lacks usefulness and they lack imagination on providing study tools to sites. They set sites/CRAs up to fail.

Advice to Management

Resource studies better. Think about employees needs. When you have regionally based people, you cannot use the one size fits all stereotype. Just because you feel work-life balance is important, that has a different meaning to everyone.

"DONT WORK HERE!....you will regret it!"

I worked at Premier Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The location, location, location, location location, location, location....that's about it!

Cons

Very high turnover rate, Unfriendly people, unorganized, A lot of favoritism, stressful environment.

Advice to Management

This place is absolutely the worst! It's a small CRO company that has a very high turnover rate. My observation as an employee with this company has been nothing but surprises. First of all, most of the employees here at the Philadelphia office are very unfriendly and rude. People tend to bring their personal issues to the job and give you eye rolling and fake half smiles in return. Next, the upper management and HR have their favorites they mingle with. If your not kissing up to the higher management or HR, then you pretty much out of luck and they dislike you completely. No matter how great of an employee you are, it doesn't mean a thing with this company. They honestly don't value their employees and have no sense of respect. Also it seems to be a problem with organizational skills and paper documents are all over the place. Overall, I highly don't recommend anyone to apply for employment here because you will be a very miserable person. Also to the clients and investigators looking to trust this company, DON'T DO IT! don't waste your time with this small CRO company. Go with another CRO company that is more professional with great people and great organizational skills. You wont find it here.

"Project Associate"

I worked at Premier Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small company with a potential of been a great place to work.

Cons

Poor management, lack of respect from management. Con employees with false hope for advancement. Clinical managers are inexperienced, rude, and no one holds them accountable. Line management is a joke, micro managers with no management experience. High turn over rate due to the politics and bureaucrats.

Advice to Management

The vision for premier research is not properly executed by those put in charge to do so. Management should be more transparent.

"Sr. CRA"

I worked at Premier Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was decent and that's the only good thing about this organization and that you actually got paid before you submitted your hours.

Cons

The worst group of Line Managers, CTMs and Directors I have ever worked with. I had a line manager that micro managed and it drove me nuts, she speaks to you like you are a child. While out on PTO I returned to work and out of the numerous emails that I had received more than half were from my line manager alone. Constantly wasting your time while you are on site for non important issues. They employ Clinical Managers who have never monitored before which means they don't know many of the basic monitoring 101 rules. Payroll is located in Europe and they never respond to voice or emails. If you have an issue with pay you have to first go through your line manager who in return will follow up with payroll on your behalf. Not to mention the resourcing staff that's another issue. Management at this company is a big joke and is the reason many folks have left.

Advice to Management

Employ Managers who know what they are doing

"HARASSED"

Former Employee - Senior CRA

I worked at Premier Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent on-going training, excellent SOPs and WIs.

Cons

The Clinical Managers do not know how to speak or email people in a correct and professional manner. The CMs are down right rude, sneaky, obnoxious, and one was even deceitful! She took a reported I corrected and re-sent to her on the same day it was sent to me and days later, she sent it back to me stating she had made the corrections and for me to just approve it. I emailed her that the corrections she made were worded exactly how I re-worded a part. She then said she only checked a box from yes to no. I reported this and several of these harassing untruths to my Line Manger who was on her side and not supportive of me or the harassment at all. My Line Manager called me and proceeded to yell at me as if I were one of her children. The company's behavior is utterly ridiculous. Also, I was 250% utilized and complained about it for months before anything changed. This company gossips internally which makes people either like you or dislike you. It's not a supportive team environment. It feels like its the CMs against the CRAs. Everyone reports every little thing to your Line Manager without discussing anything with you first.

Advice to Management

Hire new CMs and Line Managers. Also, put measures in place so that people are not harassed. Lastly, the CEO has to act on the email blast that stated, the company will move towards a more cohesive and better work environment! Teach people how to not gossip in the work environment, teach ethics, and how to treat people appropriately which means not to bully them because they hink they can!!!

11. "Poor Management and Lack of respect"

Former Employee - Associate Database Developer in Quincy, MA
    Former Employee - Associate Database Developer in Quincy, MA

I worked at Premier Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro about this company is that it is always the same...

Cons

That same is a total let down. The pay is very low, the respect is low, and favoritism is high. If you are not the golden employee you are forgotten and basically left to rot away until you either quit or get laid off.

Advice to Management

Correct everything in cons asap!