Premier Research Reviews | Glassdoor

Premier Research Reviews

Updated June 9, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good people, good locations, good opportunities (in 6 reviews)

• There are some really great people there (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Since the last major change in upper management, this company really tries hard to cut corners (in 10 reviews)

• They employ Clinical Managers who have never monitored before which means they don't know many of the basic monitoring 101 rules (in 5 reviews)

"Take the good with the bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Premier Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Expanding company that has good benefits

Cons

Upper management can be challenging

Advice to Management

Some management need to be more personable and professional

2. "Great Company with ample opportunity to grow as a professional"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Premier Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Pay is above industry average
    -Direct communication with Executive Suite
    -Due to growth of business, plenty of opportunity to jump on implementation projects, system updates, etc.
    -Very open to ideas of employees, especially those from competition

Cons

-Top heavy, mostly senior level staff/managers (not a con some would argue, but all I could think of)
    -It's difficult to think of any negative aspects of the company.

Advice to Management

This company is on the right track - keep it up!

"Terrible"

Former Employee - Project Associate in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Location. Work in center city is great and convenient.

Cons

This is by far the WORST company I have ever worked for and this coming from someone who worked at TJMAXX for $5.65 at hour. There is nothing but micromanaging and nepotism. The only way to succeed is to kiss up and rat out your co-workers. Most people at this company don't even like each other because of the constant competition. There is absolutely no team work and no life balance. They could care less about your kids being sick, doctors appointments etc. It's work first and second. Your life comes last. So many people are forced to come in on there off days to assist with backlogs of work. They use names during conference calls. They're just VERY unprofessional. Sensitive site documents are stored in cardboard boxes on a cart. I could go on for days I wouldn't allow my worst enemy to apply there.

Advice to Management

Be more PROFESSIONAL. TRAIN your employees. STOP micromanaging. No one want a coworker who does their same job telling them what to do. Be more TEAM DRIVEN. PAY your workers on time!

4. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Director Level in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Director Level in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Premier Research full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Collaborative environment and enjoy the ability to be included on strategic conversations and meetings. Friendly environment and enjoy working with my colleagues and management. Able to connect with Execs and CEO.

Cons

Staff should take ownership of their responsibilities and work together to achieve goals.

Advice to Management

Keep us growing and moving forward. I see my future as an exciting one at Premier!

"DONT WORK HERE!....you will regret it!"

I worked at Premier Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The location, location, location, location location, location, location....that's about it!

Cons

Very high turnover rate, Unfriendly people, unorganized, A lot of favoritism, stressful environment.

Advice to Management

This place is absolutely the worst! It's a small CRO company that has a very high turnover rate. My observation as an employee with this company has been nothing but surprises. First of all, most of the employees here at the Philadelphia office are very unfriendly and rude. People tend to bring their personal issues to the job and give you eye rolling and fake half smiles in return. Next, the upper management and HR have their favorites they mingle with. If your not kissing up to the higher management or HR, then you pretty much out of luck and they dislike you completely. No matter how great of an employee you are, it doesn't mean a thing with this company. They honestly don't value their employees and have no sense of respect. Also it seems to be a problem with organizational skills and paper documents are all over the place. Overall, I highly don't recommend anyone to apply for employment here because you will be a very miserable person. Also to the clients and investigators looking to trust this company, DON'T DO IT! don't waste your time with this small CRO company. Go with another CRO company that is more professional with great people and great organizational skills. You wont find it here.

6. "Good jump off point for people new to job market"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Premier Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very relaxed atmosphere to work in. Not very much pressure unless there are some deadlines to meet. Excellent people to say the least.

Cons

Pay and management. Pay is not competitive or reasonable for American adults. Unless you are willing to scrape by look elsewhere. Management, upper management to be accurate, is barely communicative.

"Project Associate"

I worked at Premier Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small company with a potential of been a great place to work.

Cons

Poor management, lack of respect from management. Con employees with false hope for advancement. Clinical managers are inexperienced, rude, and no one holds them accountable. Line management is a joke, micro managers with no management experience. High turn over rate due to the politics and bureaucrats.

Advice to Management

The vision for premier research is not properly executed by those put in charge to do so. Management should be more transparent.

"Great career growth ... not the best pay"

Current Employee - Project Analyst in East Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Project Analyst in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at Premier Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you have good ideas and are vocal about them you'll be heard. I was able to do great things at my time with the company. The culture is great too - a lot of great friends that are there when you need them.

Cons

Pay! The CRO industry is extremely price competitive. Be prepared to be paid about 20% less than you could make elsewhere, and be prepared to be given a larger work load than you'd get elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately I completely understand. Paying employees more means getting a lot less business!

"Disappointed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Premier Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked with a great management team on my assigned project.

Cons

Line management was disappointing. They were not interested when it was brought to their attention that one of the managers on the team could not do their job effectively due to lack of knowledge of position. Significant nepotism; one person in high position brought in, multiple others that person knew were then brought in and promotions among those people abounded.

Advice to Management

Carefully consider hiring multiple people from the same company.

10. "Premier Research"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Premier Research full-time

Pros

Good team environment, decent compensation and benefits

Cons

Small company and there was little room for advancement