Premier Research Reviews | Glassdoor

Premier Research Reviews

Updated October 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A lot of good people to work with and good amount of PTO (in 8 reviews)

• There are some really great people there (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Since the last major change in upper management, this company really tries hard to cut corners (in 10 reviews)

• Argumentative and extremely rude line managers (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Become a Valued Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Pros

Great Company culture! Exciting time to join, doing a lot of growth and positive changes happening. Company is perfect size to feel valued and be able to make an impact as well!

Cons

I didn't start working here soon enough!

"OK company"

Pros

Not responsible for too many sites

Cons

Management and pay is not that great

"Full Time Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Premier Research (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits and PTO. Flexible working hours.

Cons

All time needs to be billed/accounted for in timesheet system. Pay is below market value.

"CRA"

I worked at Premier Research (Less than a year)

Pros

The only thing good about this company is great pay.

Cons

Horrible clinical managers. Lina Managers claim they support you but they're really supporting the CMs. ALOT of pettiness and politics go on in this company just for people to make themselves look good. They do not care if you are on site a whole week. It's expected to get work done right away even while on site and away from your home office Premier CLAIMS they care about their CRAs...but they don't. I spent MOST of my time crying in this company.

Advice to Management

Update your systems ! Who still uses Microsoft Word to write trip reports??

5. "Manager"

Pros

Great company! Definitely has less politics than most CROs.

Cons

The only downfall would be the systems but they are coming.

"Sr CRA"

Former Employee - Senior CRA
    Former Employee - Senior CRA

I worked at Premier Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Started in 2013 when company promised one to two protocols and 7 days on site. At that time the culture was fairly positive and my LM was very supportive.

Cons

The company has drastically changed under new management. CRAs are allocated to many teams (30% to project A, 45% to project B and so on until you are 100% allocated). The problem with this is that each project mgr treats you as if you are allocated 100% to their projects. You constantly have to tell them that you can't do 8 site visits for them when you are only allocated at 25% and have site visits on your other projects too! You are constantly split in many directions trying to juggle demands from many project mgrs. It's nuts! Also, you are now expected to be on site 12 days a month (that's much more than 7!). They're expense report system is very slow so the one day you are in your office is spent doing expense reports for just one week of travel on 3 different projects! The LMs do not have much power over your project mgrs or clinical mgrs. So if you are catching hell from one of the clinical mgrs, your LM can offer little help. Last but not least, your travel is nowhere near regional. Because you are allocated to several projects, you have to go wherever those sites are.

Advice to Management

Do not allocate CRAs to more than 2 projects. Invest in a more efficient expense reporting system. Offer leadership opportunities for CRAs that do not want to be a LM. Create mentorship opportunities and lead CRA opportunites. Allow CRAs to run some of the internal training sessions. Try harder to have CRAs be regional. Allow CRAs to increase their salaries. Provide a CRA Feedback to Management program and really listen to what CRAs have to say!

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Premier Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Premier Research is smaller than other CROs I worked for which allows people to really make a difference. When I worked for larger CROs I felt like my ideas didn't matter and it was tough to make an impact or be noticed.

Cons

Some of the systems were a bit antiquated however there has been a recent investment in technology so this con is being addressed.

Advice to Management

Keep empowering people within the organization. We have a lot of smart people with great ideas. Keep up the good work!

8. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Premier Research full-time

Pros

Great to place to work. Everyone is friendly and engaging..

Cons

none to think of at this time...

9. "great company"

Pros

Great organization to work with

Cons

I have no cons to put in

"Was once good but not so much now."

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Premier Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pretty good benefits-all except pay. Have worked at the company for quite a while, used to love it. It started out pretty rough but turned into a good company, a company that I enjoyed working for and took pride in my work. It is not that way now and is getting worse.

Cons

Over the last couple of years the company has had an influx of new management, it quickly turned into a terrible place to work. No life balance, they expect you to work long hours and keep pushing for more. All for below industry pay. All the talented and knowledgeable employees have left or are leaving. Very little direction from management except to question why nothing gets done, poor leadership. Middle management is full of individuals who have stabbed others to get where they are and the stabbing continues. Listened to recent "state of the company" where the CEO bragged about aggressive sales growth while maintaining the same number of employees. I'm done with the company.

Advice to Management

Reward those who actually do the work (good work) and provide more resources and employees. At least increase the staff somewhat when sales increase. Provide employees with better work/life balance, show respect to all employees not just the management.