Premier Source Marketing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Premier Source Marketing Group is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Premier Source Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I’ve worked at places in the past that were simply toxic. Management was inaccessible, everyone was miserable, and the cultures were riddled with gossip. This isn’t the case at Premier Source Marketing Group, though. Everyone is very open, ethical, and supportive. Most importantly, our supervisors are always available to offer feedback or help us resolve any concerns we may have. It’s like a breath of fresh air!

Cons

The only thing we really deal with is the occasional stress that’s normal for any work environment. It’s bound to happen though, because we do work with some hard deadlines and things can get pretty busy.

Advice to Management

Don’t change a thing. Stay connected just as always; it’s very reassuring to know that your door is always open.

"PLEASE READ"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

I worked at Premier Source Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team night Tuesday. Boss pays for an outing at like a bowling night or bar.

Cons

They lie to you from the first interview. Their turnover rate here is so fast your head will start spinning.

You are selling makeup bags to random people on the street and business to business. They ignore "No Soliciting" signs on businesses' doors and enter anyway.

They do not give you any gas money for driving places. So I had to go around the Chicagoland area to sell cheap makeup and no kick back for gas at all.

The hours are 8am to 6pm (can be even later than that) if you don't sell well throughout the day.

They claim if you stay with the company and do well in sells they will promote you to your own branch. This is "True" but only 1% of people make it there.

Read the rest of the reviews. This place is a scam. Do not waste your time here.

You know about people get so fixated on pyramid schemes and do not realize that they are even in one. That is this place. I feel bad for the employees there. They won't realize it until they are let go due to "Not meeting standards."

Seriously, when I left this place and did some research about the makeup we were selling. I felt dirty and ashamed of myself for scamming people.

Advice to Management

Do not lie. Help out with gas. Also, sell a different product!

"MVP Chicago"

I worked at Premier Source Marketing Group full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, people seem genuinely excited, nice, encouraging and happy . Great team building.

Cons

HOWEVER... I went in for a preliminary interview, the lady (assistant director) that interviewed me lied and told me that it was not direct marketing (NO door to door) but instead business to business. I was offered a 2nd interview and when i went i was told something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT by a manager. They basically go around town begging people to buy their products, Mon-Sat 8-6, & pretty much only get paid commission! This was a waste or time, gas, & effort i made to go all the way over there 2 days in a row for interviews!!! They are false advertising their job description on career builder to gain more Reps!!! Do research before applying!!!! This job is more suited for recent HS grads that doesn't have much responsibility.

Advice to Management

STOP SCAMING! Be honest and up front about the position people are applying to before hand. Put accurate information on job description!

"MVP CHICAGO is a scam"

Pros

There is nothing good about this place

Cons

-It is a pyramid sales job scheme
    -Seems like a cult
    -They advertise it as different jobs like "Public relations" but everyone does the same thing, selling makeup bags door to door
    - hours are long 8-6 Monday thru Saturday to barely make anything, they lie about job description, do not work here!!!

Advice to Management

Be straight forward about job titles and descriptions, nothing in your job description was accurate and is completely misleading about salary as well.

"MVP CHICAGO IS A SCAM"

Pros

DO NOT WORK HERE. IT'S A SCAM TO HAVE YOU SELL MAKE UP BAGS.

Cons

eI applied in January as a college student thinking this would be a great summer internship to learn more about advertising and marketing. 5 months later I show up at 8am and do "team meetings" where we find out that we will be packed into cars and dropped off in Munster Indiana, an hour and 15 minute drive from the office. Only to sell cheap make up bags. We walked door to door in sketchy unsafe areas for 6 hours!! Being a female, I was sexually harassed by people we would sell to and I did not feel safe at all. After almost getting cops called on us for getting kicked out of a McDonalds and KFC we started to head back around 5pm. I didn't leave the office til almost 8!! It was a 12 hour day and only getting paid $6 an hour to work 60 hrs per week!!! Also the job is MONDAY-SATURDAY! Which they failed to tell me. Save to say I won't be coming back. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM, ALL LIES!

"Scam"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Lombard, IL

Pros

Nothing positive to say about this place.

Cons

They lie to you from the start and keep all the details about the job from you because they do not want you to know you are selling makeup door to door in poor neighborhoods. The owner makes you work 70+ hour weeks for a base pay that doesn't even equal minimum wage. They try and make it seem like a real business by making you dress in suites and ties but that is just a joke because your selling the cheapest makeup anyone has ever seen. The head people try and use cool words like "killing it and slanging bags" which is kinda sad because I think they actually believe they think they are doing a real job. Once you realize its not worth your time they say you just do not have what it takes or your just not cut out for it because you do not want to work 70+ hours for 500 dollars a

Advice to Management

Close down

"Makeover essentials street sales"

Pros

Potential to make 10-30 sales a day

Cons

If you don't sell you don't eat.
    You make a small commission each sale,

Advice to Management

Be more organized
    Less shady,
    Help the new guys with gas money

"Terrible Company"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Premier Source Marketing Group (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of team building.

Cons

Completely misleading in both the job ad and interview. Long hours of selling makeup directly to random people on the streets. Huge turnover rate.

"SCAM"

Pros

I have nothing nice to say about this company.

Cons

I applied to work for Premier on Career Builder, thinking I would be interviewing for an Entry Level Assistant Manager position. Throughout the interview, I was told that I would automatically be moved to the second round of interviews the next day. I come to my second interview and am hired over 2 other candidates that had been in the business field for 10+ years (so I knew something was up). The morning meeting consisted of a room full of people cursing at each other, derogatory jokes, music, and God knows what else. I couldn't hear a thing. I found out that I would NOT be an entry level assistant manager, but selling make up to random people on the street. WHAT? I didn't drive an hour to Lombard and get my college degree to sell make-up. I was pissed. But I tried to hang around for a day at least. The pay is bs. $500/week working 10-hour days is not worth the drive nor the 8 hours of walking i did selling make-up. This is the most unprofessional company I have ever interviewed for in my life and I will never recommend them to anyone.

Advice to Management

Stop scamming innocent people into selling a product. Don't tell people they'll be doing one thing, and then have them in random neighborhoods selling make-up. I'm shocked no one has been killed doing this.

"Scam company"

Pros

There are none. It's a scam.

Cons

Typical multi-level marketing scam. You'll be selling makeup/recruiting. Don't fall far this.