Premier at Sawmill Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "company review"

Former Employee - Kids Club Team Member in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Kids Club Team Member in Columbus, OH

I worked at Premier at Sawmill part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Premier has a fun staff to work with and most people there really work hard. Great pool and perks for employees.

Cons

The leadership does not communicate well with all departments. Morale can be quite low among employees.

Advice to Management

Value and support the staff of the Kids Club. They are protecting the most precious commodity in the club. They work really hard and it is not typically recognized in a tangible way.

2. "I enjoyed my job but when management comes around its like a dark cloud came over all the employees."

Former Employee - Bistro Team Member in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Bistro Team Member in Columbus, OH

I worked at Premier at Sawmill part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice perks to use the facility, tips can be good in the summer, some quality people are hired but don't stick around very long.

Cons

This is a people business so people should be treated like they are the most important factor to keep members coming back, the only thing management thinks about is numbers, high turn-over rate. Management will try to micro-manage then not follow up to see if it has been done correctly. Hours get cut all the time to save the company money so they have salaried managers working most of the operating hours. Upper management expects the bistro to operate and serve food like a full kitchen and catering business when all they have is an oven, microwave and portable burners. The outside bar and deck were are all made for trade so the work was done really cheap or for free, crappy and not thought out really well, lots of complaints from members and crew.

Advice to Management

With high potential for a great facility, put more time and care into the employees. Show them they are important, try to remember their names at least and it will show through the members as well, people care about people.. Numbers are not what's truly valuable.

3. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Morning Shift Manager/Locker Room Attendant
    Former Employee - Morning Shift Manager/Locker Room Attendant

I worked at Premier at Sawmill part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The customers were extremely friendly and the other employees were enjoyable to work with. I really enjoyed my time working here.

Cons

Communication between departments was not always the best and could use some improvement.

5. "Trainer/ Group instructor"

I worked at Premier at Sawmill part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have some wonderful members and I made some amazing friends.

Cons

There really is nothing good to say about Premier. The management is a joke. The trainers undercut each other as there is no enforcement of policy or procedure. Group instructors don't show up more often than not. Complaints aren't addressed. Trainers are required certified and they support an unrecognized certification. Most trainers use the same workout for every client and don't pay attention to anything.

Over all it is the worst run fitness center I've ever been a part of.

Advice to Management

They need an overhaul and revitalized to stay relevant. And having employees right false reviews and spam votes on sites doesn't count.