KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Premise Health

Engaged Employer

Premise Health

Add a Review

Premise Health Employee Reviews about "premise health"

Updated Jul 1, 2020

Found 24 of over 368 reviews

4.1
Premise Health CEO  Stuart Clark
Stuart Clark
Pros
  • "Good work-life balance, centralized workflows(in 25 reviews)

• "I cannot say enough about working at Premise Health(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Premise Health exists to meet the needs and desires of companies that choose to contract with Premise Health(in 11 reviews)

• "Upper management outside of the clinic has no idea what is going on at your specific location(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "premise health"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Amazing!

Apr 6, 2020 - Patient Registrar
      Business Outlook

Pros

Premise really sets you up for success, values you, wants to see you grow, and is so understanding about work/life balance.

Cons

There really isn't anything. Premise Health is great.

HR Team Member

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for the positive feedback! We appreciate your dedication to Premise Health and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here. We are lucky to have you!

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

I believe in the Wellness Coaching line of service.

Jul 1, 2020 - Wellness Coach/Disease Management RN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wellness Coaches are required to have their own personal office. Accurate, specialized pay. A great remote Wellness department and team to help navigate EHR/Care Planning. Access to a Wellness Coach Mentor within the company to practice and hone skills with. A rich continuing education program (all remote) for coaching for optimal success.

Cons

Premise Health exists to meet the needs and desires of companies that choose to contract with Premise Health. This can lead to complex dynamics where the Wellness Coaching role is negotiated and redefined by the client rather than what it is designed to actually be by the internal Wellness department and the Wellness coaching certifying bodies. It may take somebody with a strong sense of authenticity, self-awareness, confidence, and a clear sense of knowing what is a healthful coaching strategy vs what is not (i.e. diet bets are not helpful for long-term success, but companies think they are helpful and request them). I personally found this constant negotiation of the role challenging, particularly because leadership must do what company requests or the contract is at risk. I did not find leadership outside of the local clinic setting to be concerned with empowering the individuals working at the point-of-service. The priority, again, is the client and the optics of anything being unflattering of the image presented were paramount. If one knows all of this going in, one may be comfortable with either falling in line or slowly but surely transforming the structure from within. I found it unsettling and inauthentic and not worth continuing after about 3 years. Lastly, I enjoy highly innovative strategies of delivering healthcare directly to an individual, but I learned that on a systems-level, offering healthcare onsite at companies can lead to companies offering lower-quality healthcare plans. Therefore, the companies shift the cost of onsite-healthcare to the employees anyway. While this will vary between companies that contract with onsite healthcare services like Premise, this is simply another form of capitalistic, profit-driven healthcare. As somebody who highly values the idea of eliminating a multi-payer system, I have learned this is not the best way to do it.

3 people found this review helpful

HR Team Member

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and provide feedback. Since we provide onsite, nearsite and virtual healthcare for employers, our priorities are to not only support client healthcare goals but also keep the member's best interest at hand. We are sorry to hear you didn’t feel empowered to do so freely and wish you the best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

3. 5.0

Great place to be!

Oct 21, 2019 - Strategic Advisory
      Business Outlook

Pros

Premise Health is such an amazing place to be employed. The people here are the real deal- passionate about helping others, genuine in their desire to learn and grow, and truly respectful of each other in the workplace.

Cons

As with all employers, they aren't perfect, but they are making such great efforts to continually improve, constantly seeking, listening to, and taking action on the feedback from their employees.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A Career With Purpose

Jul 15, 2019 - Vice President Operations in Brentwood, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for Premise Health for well over 10 years. This organization has grown tremendously over the years and seen significant change. This keeps each day exciting and brings new challenges. No two days are alike, in a great way! I have had many opportunities over the years to work with a variety of committed and talented team members and to grow as a professional. The executive leadership team is 110% dedicated to the success of the organization and humbly is building a tremendous employer based healthcare company. There have been several mergers and acquisitions over the years, some more disruptive than others. The eHS acquisition in 2017 has by far been the most exciting for the organization as it is a true subsidiary of Premise that has been allowed to grow with independence while getting all the best levels of support from Premise such as IT Security, Medical Operations, Legal and Human Resources. I have found that by keeping a servant mentality, building a team based culture with appreciation, hard work and a commitment to our client that like minded individuals stay on for the long haul and truly find a career with purpose.

Cons

There is frequent change in the organization. To some, this is a con, however it can truly be an opportunity to leverage career growth and transition if you are open to it. Premise is a matrix organization so it can take time to learn how to effectively navigate. Having a "go to" veteran resource can really help with this challenge.

5. 5.0

Premise Health Proud!

Jul 30, 2019 - Director, Client Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am proud to work for Premise Health. Each day provides me the opportunity to learn, grow, and serve others in a meaningful way. Our leadership team is AWESOME - innovative, transparent, dedicated, humble, and committed to our company values and mission. I also can't say enough about the infrastructure and the support that is available to be successful in our roles. The Premise Health culture is something special!

Cons

Our team members are dispersed all over so it takes a little more effort to stay connected and aligned.

6. 5.0

Sense of Purpose and Belonging

May 21, 2019 - Assistant Vice President, Career Experience in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I cannot say enough about working at Premise Health. I have been here four years and continue to love going to work everyday. The leadership team is so approachable, positive, transparent and supportive. I would recommend Premise Health to ANYONE who likes to work in a fast paced company that is on the leading edge of health care. We make a difference in the customers we serve. It is an honor to work here.

Cons

The workforce is dispersed so everyone has to work at staying connected.

2 people found this review helpful

Chief Human Resources Officer

We're so happy to hear, and we couldn't agree more! When you joined Premise Health, you joined a network of professionals who are dedicated to providing world-class healthcare. We're glad to have you as part of the team.

7. 5.0

Exceeds Expectations-Great Company

Sep 6, 2019 - Talent Acquisition in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Premise Health is truly a family oriented company and passionate about the wellbeing of their employees. Leadership encourages new ideas and offers continued support for professional growth and development. I could not be happier with my decision to join Premise Health and the company exceeded my overall expectations.

Cons

None - very happy with the company.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I love my job and mission of the company

Jun 24, 2019 - HealhCenter Manager in Brentwood, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Premise Health offers near or on-site care to employees and its dependents at work. Employees of Premise Health have access to a robust support team and continuing education. I have been in healthcare for 30 years. I love Premise Health.

Cons

I do not have them

9. 5.0

Best CEO ever

Nov 29, 2018 - Analyst in Levallois-Perret, 92
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management takes team member engagement seriously. I work at the corporate office in Brentwood and Stu Clark, our CEO, is very approachable. He makes you feel like everyone's contribution is valuable to our success. I believe he has everyone's respect and works as hard as anyone at the company.

Cons

We have locations all around the country and sometimes it can be difficult to find the best people in different parts of the country so some employees may experience a different version of Premise Health than we do at the corporate office.

1 person found this review helpful

Chief Human Resources Officer

We're glad to hear about your positive experience with your coworkers and the leadership team. We try to hire top notch talent, and it's nice to hear that we got it right!

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Project Management department review

Jul 1, 2019 - Senior Project Coordinator in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office space, the ice is decent when the machine works, indoor plumbing when the bathrooms are in working order. The best part about this job was leaving

Cons

Literally everything else. Micromanaging “leaders”, titles were switched in order to pay employees less after being acquired by a larger company (Premise Health), horrible communications between corporate/leadership/down to individual PM teams, favorites, inconsistent protocols, no HR representation, retaliation tactics when complaints are lodged, internal gossip between employees in management positions, pay is dismal at best, raises are begged for and never adequate for the workload, no incentives, no recognition for a job well done, hourly employees are worked off the clock but not compensated, dead weight employees stay for years while proactive workers fall stagnant, high volume of paper used for an “e-company”, 2 separate sexual harassment claims were lodged against the same female employee and nothing was done, new employee was told in front of entire office “we don’t really celebrate birthdays, but at least you have a job!”, extremely impersonal work environment, the VP works remotely and openly admits she doesn’t know what the PM team does, we received a candy cane for Christmas two years in a row - I am not joking.

2 people found this review helpful