Premium Retail Services Merchandiser Reviews | Glassdoor

Merchandiser

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brian Travers and Kevin Travers

Pros
Cons
  • As a merchandiser you will never get a raise,not paid for mileage or wear and tear on your vehicle (in 6 reviews)

• Does not matter if you are full time or part time) (in 10 reviews)

1. "Zone Rep"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Premium Retail Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for. The best thing about it is you create your own schedule.

Cons

Not much training so you'll have to learn a majority on your own.

Advice to Management

Offer training and pay for mileage when picking up other people work load.

2. "Alot of work, but no support"

Former Employee - Zone Leader Merchandiser in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Zone Leader Merchandiser in Memphis, TN

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a lot of hours during mass holidays
    You make your own schedule
    You get to know store personnel well

Cons

Lots of boxes delivered to your home
    Less pay than most merchandising companies and low bonuses
    Zero training and hardly any support when needed

Advice to Management

Have a better training program in place for new and past reps.

3. "I was let go because I got sick."

Former Employee - Merchandiser in North Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in North Canton, OH

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours. Nice stores to work in.

Cons

Will stop uploading jobs if get get sick and are in the hospital.

Advice to Management

Karma. What goes around comes around. I was in the hospital for four days with a virus. I come out and no more job.

5. "A Company About Their People!"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in New York, NY

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Management works to meet the needs of every rep and workout the best possible work plan.
    -So much opportunity to grow within the company in all sectors and management is always their to help in that process.
    -A strong network of support that spans across North America.
    -Flexible hours with major holidays off.
    -99.8% weekends off
    -Great work/life balance can be achieved.
    -Awesome reporting App/tool!
    -Lots of opportunity to learn about the ins and out of the retail industry.
    -Incredible company culture as a whole that pushes each member to be the best they can be in their fields.

***ALWAYS WORK available with plenty to do!***

Cons

Communication is key (email,smartphone,verbal ) and lack of can cause confusion real quick. So for those who have trouble communiating that maybe be a possible downside.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting us reps in the field and helping us grow. Thanks for everything you do!

6. "Most Flexiable company to work for"

Current Employee - Merchandiser Zone Leader in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Merchandiser Zone Leader in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

FLEXABLILITY, Bonuses, make your own schedule, the people behind this company are fantastic people, always a support line of people to speak with, not a machine, room to make extra money outside your regular work, room to move around in the company, located in many states,towns,ect. so you can relocate if you move if there is an opening.

Cons

I quit my own business of over 20 years to work for Premium. The only thing I regret is I did not find this job sooner.

Advice to Management

Management just keeps improving making their employees love them even more. I am so blessed to have found this job and to say I work for Premium!

"Could be better.... could be worse!"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in East Windsor, NJ
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in East Windsor, NJ

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time

Pros

Great company to work for. If you are looking for a flexible paet time job that you get to do different jobs every week and often every day this would. be a great job for you. I enjoy working independently and I also enjoy traveling to different job locations versus being stuck in a cubical or office. This is also great if you don't mind driving... alot. And you can handle working with different levels of store associates from sales to managers.

Cons

Not a lot of full time opportunities but there are ofther programs (dedicated) that may have positions available within the company. Also, 1st quarter ( January thru March) of the year is very slow for PRS, so. be prepared for your income to be affected by this loss of hours.

Advice to Management

I like my managers even those that I have worked with on special projects. All the advise I could give is keep up the communication between employees and keep up the good work.

8. "One of the Best Jobs I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Field Merchandiser in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Field Merchandiser in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is really great management, amazing coworkers, great schedule flexibility, and you feel like you are part of a company that truly cares about the employees that work there.

Cons

It can sometimes be hectic when you're having to go to multiple stores in a day and each one has its own complicated problem. It can also get somewhat lonely being on the road by yourself, but you're never alone with your team just a message away.

Advice to Management

Continue being thoughtful and kind towards your employees

9. "Great Company, Results are In Store"

Current Employee - Merchandising and Sales Specialist in Woodbridge, VA
    Current Employee - Merchandising and Sales Specialist in Woodbridge, VA

Pros

I have worked with this company for two years. I started as a part-time employee and after a year I was able to move to a full-time position. I enjoy the freedom and flexibility that this job allows. You are given your schedule for the month and you can plan accordingly. It is up to you to be professional and manage your time. I have been able to adjust my schedule when the need arises. Management is engaging and keeps you updated on what is going on with your Project Team.. As a full-time employee this company offers a very good benefit package. The pay is competitive for the retail environment, mileage is reimbursed at the government rate, and bonuses are given monthly. It is a great company to learn about consumer products and you also gain knowledge about the retail market. I have been exposed to many products by working in stores.

Cons

I have found no cons to working for Premium. I feel it is up to the individual to pursue advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow the business, which allows employees opportunities to move up in the company and work for other projects. Also, consider giving salary increases to employees that have been with the company for two years or more.

10. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company will give well earned bonuses every month. They also have other very nice incentives to do your job well such as prizes for great photographs. It is a pleasure to work with our Regional Manager, Ricci Woods, Who is always very helpful! With that in mind , you do not mind going above and beyond what you are asked to do. The thing I like the most is the flexibility in hours. This allows you to work around everyday life activities.

Cons

As in any job, just wish the pay level was a little higher. This would add to ones motivation to get work completed.

Advice to Management

I think that it would be a good idea to add more ways to receive bonuses each month.

"Part Time Field Merchandiser"

Current Employee - Field Merchandiser in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Field Merchandiser in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time

Pros

Flexibility in scheduling your day and week as long as you complete service orders within specified time frame. Good for self starters who are willing to take the initiative to complete work by deadline and submit times sheets daily.

Cons

There is a lot of driving involved if you work in a rural or suburban territory. You can put a lot of mileage on your vehicle and do not get reimbursed for travel from home to your first job of the day or from your last job of your day. This can add up to a considerable amount of mileage and the end of the week that you are not reimbursed for.

Advice to Management

Recognize the costs involved with maintaining and insuring an auto and compensate merchandisers accordingly.