Premium Retail Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Premium Retail Services CEO Brian and Kevin Travers
Brian and Kevin Travers
Pros
Cons
  • "low pay compared to other companies, bonus pays out up to 6 months late(in 16 reviews)

• "full time turned in to part time longer(in 13 reviews)

1. "na"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

great job ,love working with company

Cons

none none none none none

Advice to Management

none

2. "Area Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at Premium Retail Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

great corporate office setup

Cons

long hours / job duties changed

3. "Oculus Brand Ambassador in Best Buy"

I worked at Premium Retail Services

Pros

Manager was fantastic, great support to employees. Held weekly conference call with regional sales team. Weekly newsletter provided to keep brand ambassadors up to date on the latest VR/tech related news. Travel out of state for trainings and to celebrate top Brand Ambassadors. Network created with other Brand Ambassadors from team to share tips, and information via GroupMe and Facebook group.

Cons

20 hours a week, additional hours provided based holiday, new launches, or discount on products. Granted, it is difficult to add more hours as weekday store traffic for a Best Buy is rather low; more people just want to get in and out.

Advice to Management

More swag for Best Buy employees/coworkers and customers to increase branding/demos.

• "Good Job for college students but needs more pay"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Premium Retail Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible Scheduling, little to no micro-managing, good environment, sales oriented, alone most of the time.

Cons

pay, little to no training, better hope you have a good manager if yours is irresponsible and messy like mine it can be a pain to get anything done or get any accurate info about anything. Hourly pay should be a little higher due to traffic typically being low.

Advice to Management

be more thorough during the hiring process, high turn over is bad. train new employees better!

• "Beware: Did not get Paid, Poor Experience, Has the potential to be an ok employment opportunity"

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time

Pros

Flexibility, Walmart Managers will help you, Easy work

Cons

Due to travel you make close to minimum wage (when you factor in car mileage depreciation, oil changes, maintenance on your personal vehicle) IF they pay you. You will make more working for at your local Walmart, receive training, have great managers, and work at one store and not many. Received many emails that contain a "the sky is falling" attitude. After 10+ years of work experience I have finally been exposed...

Advice to Management

Emphasize company culture and integrity values so that employees feel like they want to work there. It should not feel like a prison sentence to be offering labor to a company, and employees will search for better opportunities if their needs are not satisfied. Establish managers with integrity and acumen to foster a better environment in the company.

• "Current"

I have been working at Premium Retail Services full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Flexible good managers well organized

Cons

Not many hours per month

• "Great Company"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Raymondville, TX

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great time management, always working

Cons

Driving to work, no gas cards

Advice to Management

none

March 6, 2019Marketing Manager

Thanks for your review! We believe we have a great team as well, and our employees are dedicated to their teams and the overall success of Premium. Many field teams have mileage programs in place to offset some of the driving cost associated with field work. We value the dedication ...

• "Best Company to work for"

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Premium Retail Services full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Decent wage and flexible scheduling. Lots of growth potential as they typically promote from within.

Cons

Being in the retail industry means working weekends all the time.

Advice to Management

Maybe allow 1 full weekend off a month for those on the retail sale side.

February 7, 2019Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback! We’re happy to hear that your experience at Premium has been positive. Keep up the good work!

• "Not Worth The Stress"

Former Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Cleburne, TX

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

There really aren't any pros here.

Cons

Poorly managed, unprofessional, hostile work environment

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites between employees. Your customers are more than just numbers. Reward hard working employees. Do NOT hold the opportunity for advancement in the company over an employees head to get them to work harder for your benefit knowing you are not going to go through with it. Get a better training regimen so your employees are well educated on the devices they're selling. Stop letting your favorite employee...

• "Great Company"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Premium Retail Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Definitely a great place to work for. Clear career path paved for those who stay.

Cons

Wish we could work from home more.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

February 7, 2019Human Resources