Premium Retail Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Premium Retail Services Partners and Co-CEOs Brian and Kevin Travers
Brian and Kevin Travers

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "low pay, some travel, no real direction in projects (I did the same project 4 weeks in a row)" (in 14 reviews)

• "full time turned in to part time longer" (in 13 reviews)

1. "Retail Specialist"

Current Employee - Retail Specialist Walmart Team in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Retail Specialist Walmart Team in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Premium Retail Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The great people, Scheduling, great work/life balance

Cons

No Mileage reimbursement, not many cons

Advice to Management

Great job

2. "Think Twice If You’re Considering"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Hartford, CT

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most (not all)self-scheduling system at your own convenience;
    Saturday and Sunday off;
    Independence on job sites;
    No manager on sight

Cons

Management non-existent when you seek help;
    The cost of ink on all of your required paperwork;
    Not even a fraction of what you would need to live on, unless you’re willing to travel all over the place;
    NO HANDS ON TRAINING AT ALL.

Advice to Management

Bring a zone rep, or a veteran merchandising rep, along to train new reps in the field. This is a large reason I have decided to leave.

3. "Great work for transition"

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time

Pros

Good pay on certain projects and rewards reps with experience

Cons

no local office to visit

Advice to Management

none

4. "Field Sales Manager"

I have been working at Premium Retail Services full-time

Pros

Amazing flexibility and work life balance

Cons

Upward movement is slow and you may feel stuck in role.

Advice to Management

Promote within!

5. "Working for premium"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Made your own schedule.dont have a regional mgr your back .pretty much your own boss ..

Cons

Alot of traveling especially during Christmas times . the pay could be better .no benefits

6. "Field sales manager"

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative

I worked at Premium Retail Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent benefits and Flexible hours

Cons

Salary cap no raises.

Advice to Management

Offer job raises or at least a cost of living raise now and then!

"Don't do it"

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time

Pros

Work alone, nothing else was good.

Cons

No training, basically you better know what your doing. Constant emails asking to help with other stores. Wal-Mart dept 82 managers doing your job and then having to clean up the mess, if you schedule yourself for 5 hrs plan on going to other store cause you never get your hrs in at one store. Area managers are basically worthless, you never hear from them unless they need help and if you miss a day watch your hrs get cut off your schedule. Worst company I have ever worked for.

8. "We may have slipped but we haven't fallen"

Current Employee - SAMSUNG BRAND AMBASSADOR & EVOLVING TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Premium Retail Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is one of the easiest companies to get along with besides Crossmark that I've ever worked with in my 20 some years in the business. Managers are very helpful and they are very willing to adjust your schedules to meet your needs and help them Reach their goals. Their pay is a little above the national average and they have bonuses if you do not miss any work. They represent the best lines in many categories such a Samsung TVs or Google home monitoring systems their products are always leaders in the category.

Cons

Sometimes managers are non not on the same page as far as getting employees like myself work. And I had two different managers offer me the same job but one was paying $10 and the other was paying 16 and it was the exact same job. A major principle company that we represented it has caused some of us to lose hours and income. But that's expected to turn around in the next few months

Advice to Management

My only advice would be to try to GET ALL FIELD managers giving the same information to employees because you get different information from different messages and managers and it can be confusing. I know they have so much going on & this is a growing company and they're great people to work with and I even though I've had some hard times with less Hours of work, I have stayed with them,b because I know down the road I will get back to earning more income with them.

"As the saying goes, it ain't what you know but "who you know""

I worked at Premium Retail Services full-time

Pros

Worked on one of the biggest programs in the company for 2 years as an Account Manager-RM. The first year, I was working alone by myself and getting rave reviews for the work I was doing for the client. The client decided to expand the program and needed additional leadership to help expand the brand even further. They approached me with a Manager role which I turned down several times because I had no problem with the role I was doing. After basically being forced into a Manager role, I took on about 9 direct reports. My team ended up always finishing at the top of sales goals over most teams in the program. I was terminated for complimenting an employee photo in a private group chat that didn't even work for Premium. It wasn't vulgar nor against company policy to do, or was it unlawful. Two months later the program crashes and just about everyone loses their job because the client decided to go with another 3PL. When you work hard and the only thank you received is a termination for basically nothing... I can sleep well knowing you lost the client. I have learned a valuable lesson about loyalty and this company has none. I own my mistake but getting hurt in the pocket for millions hopefully they own theirs.

Cons

Too much loyalty to people who don't do any work

Advice to Management

Stand up to the client sometimes and help them understand the woes of the business, instead of juicing them for every little dollar and opening up requisitions that aren't needed to squeeze money out of the client.

You don't need 13 people to cover a market. You need 3 good people and pay them decently. Also, hire some adults instead of young 20 somethings. You are not going to get a 21-year-old kid to get meetings with a Director of Sales.

Promote on work done, not who kisses up the best.

"Walmart Preferred Service Provider"

Current Employee - Walmart Preferred Service Provider
    Current Employee - Walmart Preferred Service Provider

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work alone, easy tasks, for the most part make your own schedule, nice people.

Cons

Zero integrity. The regional manager sent an email asking if anyone could take some extra work and travel to other stores (this seems to happen ALOT.) I told the regional that I'd do so IF I was going to be paid full wage for my travel time and if I was paid mileage. He agreed. Turns out that they are not paying my mileage 100%. When asked why not I was informed that the policy did not allow for that. If it weren't for the bad integrity, it wouldn't be too bad of a company. Just know that it is still retail and all that goes with that. All the bad ratings I'm giving stem from the poor integrity and not following through on what was promised.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people. Find, borrow, or buy some integrity. If you need your people to travel to another location to do your work because you can't keep employees in those cities, at least pay them everything you owe them. No wonder you're loosing employees which is going to make it harder for you as a company to keep that nice fat Walmart contract.