Premium Retail Services Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brian Travers and Kevin Travers

Pros
Cons
  • As a merchandiser you will never get a raise,not paid for mileage or wear and tear on your vehicle (in 6 reviews)

• Low pay with unannounced changes in assignments (in 9 reviews)

1. "Happy Zone Leader !!!"

Current Employee - Zone Leader in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Zone Leader in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with PRS for over 8 years. It is a great company with great managers and I have one of them. She is fair in scheduling and would do anything in her power to help you be successful and happy! She is one of the reasons I continue with Premium. If you have worked for a retail services company, you know how important a good manager is to your job! She's supportive, understanding and realistic!
    The ultimate in managers! Thank you Premium Retail services for providing the best management in the merchandising arena!

Cons

The basic challenges with retail merchandising companies.

Advice to Management

Compensation for field employees needs to be reviewed

2. "AB program"

I have been working at Premium Retail Services full-time

Pros

I use to work for Premium as a manager and then left the company. I now work for AB, and Premium really just handles our payroll and vacation time and all that stuff, so, so far so good.

Cons

none on the side of the program I'm on

"A great place to Grow!"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Premium Retail Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They often promote from within. This company values it's current employees by offering them the job first. I've been working with the company for over five years now, and have seen a number of people including myself get the position that they've wanted by working hard and applying from within. This is a great motivator for us to do the best job possible because you never know where it can lead!

Cons

Nothing that I can think of. I love my peers and managers.

Advice to Management

n/a

5. "Best company in the industry"

Current Employee - Total Department
    Current Employee - Total Department

I have been working at Premium Retail Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked for 5 companies in this industry and out of all of them this one is the best. They care about their employees. The various divisions allow for growth so if you start as a merchandiser you can work up to moving to the Total group to do training and sales. they train you and they work to make you better not like most that just treat you like a body in a store

Cons

pay is a little low but they give you opportunities for bonuses

Advice to Management

work harder to make the field reps across the nation feel more apart of the company

6. "Strong Company, Long Term Employment"

Current Employee - Zone Leader in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Zone Leader in Everett, WA

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Has many different clients, lots of work throughout the year. Some of the best Regional Managers & Reg. Directors I've ever worked with! Gives opportunities to do many different jobs within the company after you've been with them for a while. Love the flexibility it affords me. Worked for many merch companies through the yrs = only one I've stayed with. Opportunities for bonuses as you grow with the company. Managers who care, always trying to find ways of helping. May fall short at times but there are no perfect companies out there. Would rather work for a company like this with consistent work and managers who stick around than companies where I went through managers every month!

Cons

Some say pay is low vs. other companies but they don't get work with them. Here you get to work!

Advice to Management

Hire from within more for upper management jobs.

7. "Zone specialist"

Current Employee - Zone Specialist in Hutto, TX
    Current Employee - Zone Specialist in Hutto, TX

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great management, hours, pay rate. When there is a problem the management gets the answers real quick. They also give mileage for jobs if it is more than 15 miles

Cons

Training videos sometime doesn't work well and it restarts.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

8. "A Company About Their People!"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in New York, NY

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Management works to meet the needs of every rep and workout the best possible work plan.
    -So much opportunity to grow within the company in all sectors and management is always their to help in that process.
    -A strong network of support that spans across North America.
    -Flexible hours with major holidays off.
    -99.8% weekends off
    -Great work/life balance can be achieved.
    -Awesome reporting App/tool!
    -Lots of opportunity to learn about the ins and out of the retail industry.
    -Incredible company culture as a whole that pushes each member to be the best they can be in their fields.

***ALWAYS WORK available with plenty to do!***

Cons

Communication is key (email,smartphone,verbal ) and lack of can cause confusion real quick. So for those who have trouble communiating that maybe be a possible downside.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting us reps in the field and helping us grow. Thanks for everything you do!

9. "Most Flexiable company to work for"

Current Employee - Merchandiser Zone Leader in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Merchandiser Zone Leader in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

FLEXABLILITY, Bonuses, make your own schedule, the people behind this company are fantastic people, always a support line of people to speak with, not a machine, room to make extra money outside your regular work, room to move around in the company, located in many states,towns,ect. so you can relocate if you move if there is an opening.

Cons

I quit my own business of over 20 years to work for Premium. The only thing I regret is I did not find this job sooner.

Advice to Management

Management just keeps improving making their employees love them even more. I am so blessed to have found this job and to say I work for Premium!

10. "Zone Specialist (Merchandiser)"

Current Employee - Field Coordinator in Houma, LA
    Current Employee - Field Coordinator in Houma, LA

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, work with a wide variety of products, ample field support from Zone Leaders, Managers and the retail call center, Fun place to work, the assignments are fairly easy. Premium Retail Service has multiple divisions which gives you a chance to pick up additional hours, great company to grow with.

Cons

Work load may be light in remote areas.

Advice to Management

Continue with updates for qtrax and tablets for all.

11. "Merchandising Rep"

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time

Pros

flexible hours and good pay

Cons

training is all done on the computer

Advice to Management

Give new hires a chance to work with reps who have be working awhile so they get an understanding of how things work