KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

1. 5.0

The most amazing company ever

Jun 30, 2021 - Tutor Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The most amazing company ever

Cons

All good and nothing to complain

Employer Branding Lead

We really appreciate the time you took to share that you're loving working with us. Thanks for that! We hope your Preply journey continues to be a great one as you grow with us.

2. 4.0

Great Experience

Jul 29, 2021 - Online English Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Provides great resources, always engaging with new students, great quality system, great staff, set your own rate and schedule

Cons

They provide lesson plans but sometimes the material can be inaccurate or the conversation pieces sound very robotic and unnatural. Also, they take a large percentage of your earnings

Continue reading
  3. 4.0

Great part-time income

Jul 31, 2021 - English Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Set your own rate and schedule and there are prepared lessons you can use on the platform

Cons

Although you can set your own rate there so many Preply tutors that in order to be competitive you need to start at a low rate until you build up your number of students and positive reviews, which takes a while. The platform also initially takes 33% commission and only when you build up your customer base does this reduce to the minimum 18% commission.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good growth opportunity but be ready to work overtime

Jul 21, 2021 - Manager in Barcelona
    Business Outlook

Pros

- International environment with colleagues from diverse environment - The product itself is amazing and useful for our customers - Company attracts people with growth mindset - Lots of opportunities to get involved in projects throughout the company

Cons

- Lack of structure creates chaotic processes in some areas - Some people can be quite opinionated so decisions are made top down - Most people work overtime to get everything done for their jobs

2 people found this review helpful

Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate your input and hope you will continue enjoying the growth opportunities at Preply while applying yourself to various projects. We are also glad to hear that you find our product meaningful and useful, so thanks for highlight that! In regards to the improvement areas, we are always grateful to receive feedback how we can improve and your input has been passed to the respective team to ensure we continue creating a workplace where our talents can flourish. Wishing you all the best and continued success in your role!

5. 3.0

English Teacher

Jul 30, 2021 - English Teacher in Casablanca
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is secure, trustworthy and effective

Cons

Some tutors teach with low price, which is not good for other tutors

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Job at Preply

Jul 1, 2021 - Senior Customer Support Specialist in Kiev
    Business Outlook

Pros

Diversity, amazing product, grow and development

Cons

Require lots of overtime (paid)

2 people found this review helpful

Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and share your thoughts with the Glassdoor community. We appreciate your input and hope you will continue having a great experience at Preply. Wishing you all the best and continued success in your role!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good company that values employees

May 12, 2021 - Tech Lead Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Company cares about its employees and improves on day-by-day basis both as business and as a workplace. It grew from one Kyiv-based office to international one. * Colleagues are very friendly and willing to help. * I joined the company as a Middle Software Developer and managed to grow to Tech Lead Manager. * Company operates in data-driven manner trying to launch features based on numbers, not on ego. This means running small AB-test experiments.

Cons

Approach with small ab-tests may not be comfortable for any engineer

Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Glassdoor community! We're delighted to hear that you're enjoying working at Preply and value our commitment to constantly improve and do what's best for our people. Wishing you many more growth opportunities on your professional journey with us :)

8. 4.0

Jul 19, 2021 - Senior Sales Manager in Barcelona
    Business Outlook

Pros

A new startup that has numerous opportunities

Cons

In need of more structuring and learning how to grow

Employer Branding Lead

Thank you sharing your feedback with us and the Glassdoor community. We appreciate your input and hope you will continue appreciating endless opportunities available at Preply! Our teams are also continuously working to improve our structures to ensure all Preplers are empowered to do their best at work. We wish you all the best for your role and professional success as you continue to grow with us!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast-growing company

Jul 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Open and transparent communication Salaries over the average "We say it, we do it"

Cons

Work-life balance to be improved

Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about working at Preply. We hope you will continue enjoying our transparent communication culture, generous compensation package, and ownership mindset. We also understand that working in a hyper growth environment comes with its challenges, and we encourage you to openly discuss, ask questions and suggest areas for improvement in your one-on-one conversations with your lead. Wishing you all the best and continued success in your role!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A wonderful place to do important work

Apr 22, 2021 - Marketing in Barcelona
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company really lives by it's values and it's mission to help people learn more effectively. The culture of experimentation is really interesting and enables you to innovate and try new things, backed by a hypothesis. There's a really great balance between being data-led and creative. Everyone's warm and friendly. Employees and management care about their people and seem to understand that happier people=better work.

Cons

Barcelona office is a bit full... looks like we'll need a bigger one soon ;P Having joined during covid I'm yet to see all the benefits of office life

Continue reading