Presagis Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
Jean-Michel Briere

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Decent work environment - poor management"

Pros

Very talented people. Very cool products, the benefits are okay, casual work environment. The company is a subsidiary of CAE which is a large company with a strong background.

Cons

Company re-orgs every 6 months

Advice to Management

Top rewriting the org charts, create a vision, promote the vision, and make it happen

"Too bad a negative rating isn't possible."

I worked at Presagis full-time

Pros

I have nothing good to say.

Cons

Can you say escape goat? Management fired someone every 3 months until there was no one left and they themselves got fired, including the CEO.

Advice to Management

Take a look in the mirror.

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Presagis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great teams. Interesting work/products. Since teams are small, opportunity to work on the full stack.

Cons

Technology lags behind. Vast legacy support that eats up large portion of development time. Very low compensation.

4. "I enjoyed it here more than I have at any other company."

I worked at Presagis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Got to work with a small team and wear more than one hat. My work made an impact, meetings were productive and short. Could contact anyone if I had a problem and get help on it quickly.

Cons

The company has had several rounds of layoffs and isn't what it used to be. It has gone from about fifty employees to about six. The economy hit the simulation sector quite hard.

"Great until 2009"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Richardson, TX

I worked at Presagis full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people were great to work with. Until management decided to let them all go.

Cons

Management has been extremely poor the last several years. Multiple CEOs, regular changes in direction and a lack of understanding of the market the Presagis serves. Or rather, served.

6. "Light at the end of the tunnel for a turnaround company"

I have been working at Presagis full-time

Pros

New management with experience in product development leading the company
    Great working atmosphere
    Smart people who are friendly and welcoming
    Solving hard problems with innovative software
    Release of M&S 2013

Cons

Presagis has gone through recent right-sizing activities that have resulted in decreased headcount
    Geographically dispersed teams offers its own challenges

Advice to Management

The employees recognize that the current management were faced by many challenges when they took over the organization and that it takes time to turn a company around. The release of M&S 2013 marks the first tangible accomplishment in this long journey.

"This is a company who unfortunately has no idea who they are"

I worked at Presagis full-time

Pros

- Sold core of technology
    - Some good people escaped the "right sizing" and nepotistic practices
    - pay is competitive

Cons

- Upper and middle management do not seem to know or understand the products, customers, or markets
    - Most of the capable people who understood the products and customers have either been let go, moved into positions of no effect, or left on their own
    - The result is a set of good products with very few people capable of supporting or maintaining them

Advice to Management

Make yourselves accountable for your many mistakes. Find leaders who will inspire and lead, not spout theoretical and useless paragraphs from business books. Spend more time leading and less time covering your collective escapes from the inevitable implosion

"I don't recommend working for this company"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Presagis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Hours were good. Wasn't overworked for the most part.
    - People are friendly and nice to work with.

Cons

- The company goes through reorganizations routinely. There was rarely a year where I thought I wasn't going to lose my job.
    - The CEO gets replaced about once a year or two and every time it happens the company starts making a ton of changes to the structure, processes, and goals of the company. Sometimes patterns would appear where CEO A would make a change, then CEO B would undo that change, and then CEO C would return to the change made by CEO A.
    - Deadlines were always being moved as management kept adding features to products.
    - Management doesn't distribute important information to the rest of the company. Operating blind is common.
    - When management held meetings, instead of passing around important information, they would give long speeches about how we need to "focus", "deliver to customers on time", and "provided quality products". While telling us this they would show power points with incredibly unrealistic profit forecasts and would never explain where the data for these forecasts was coming from.
    - Management listens to employee feedback but rarely implements it.
    - The company got into trouble quite often when individuals would make promises to customers that the products and services couldn't keep. This would result in late nights for many developers and people losing their jobs.
    - The coffee was terrible.

Advice to Management

Stick to a plan and stop changing everything around so often. Communicate important information with the rest of the company more often and don't waste peoples time with all hands meetings that are nothing but bad storytelling and cheerleading. Stop telling us that we need to "focus" and provide quality products on time; we already know that.

"circling the drain"

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Presagis full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

good people, great engineers, free parking; great product. high profile customers. In the past, bleeding edge technology. good coffee.

Cons

Layoffs/ reorganizations yearly. It seems that the management makes decisions without thinking about the consequences. No career paths for the employees.

Advice to Management

too late to do anything

"Management has no idea. Very segregated into classes of Management and workers. No concept on spending or saving."

I have been working at Presagis full-time

Pros

Great employees and site in Montreal.

Cons

Management has no idea how to manage. They continually tell employees to focus, work harder but change direction of comapny every year. We are a COTS company, no we are a services company, no we are both. QA is non-existent. Currently release a product and do testing for a week then release. No new features always playing catch up. Spend way too much in some areas and none in others. Under bid contracts to win them and then over commit to items not in contract thus ending up in Red every contract delivery.

Advice to Management

This is not a 200 million dollar company. Never will be. Use services to fund development. Give employees a path to a career not just a job. Stay on course and quit changing direction.