Presbyterian Healthcare Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Presbyterian Healthcare Services Reviews

Updated July 17, 2017

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Presbyterian Healthcare Services Interim President and Chief Executive Officer Dale Maxwell
Dale Maxwell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • PHS works hard at trying to be the best in healthcare for New Mexico (in 5 reviews)

• The health insurance, the co-workers and under management staff (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The company only offers 2 plans, both from the health plan that they own so you are stuck with it (in 5 reviews)

• Senior Management is not connected enough to staffing inadequacies (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Place To Work"

Former Employee - Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Presbyterian Healthcare Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They take care of their employees

Cons

I can't think of any

2. "High Stress Coding Department"

Former Employee - EW Coder in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - EW Coder in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Presbyterian Healthcare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home, great on-boarding intro into the company, benefits & pay are decent.

Cons

We had to give at least 3 months notice to take a day off in the inpatient coding department, and then if they couldn't find coverage for you, you couldn't take the time off. Had to work mandatory weekends and holidays, depending on where "end of the month" fell or if the AR was too high for that particular week. Productivity & chart rates increased right after ICD-10 went into effect, which I personally never understood that with having to utilize a brand new code set? They discontinued the contract coder's help and basically wanted to do more with less and put more pressure on the in-house coders to work a lot more OT and maintain the increased work load, chart & productivity rates on a weekly basis. They expected any level of experience coder to make the set productivity rates, regardless if you hadn't coded a specific type of coding before, which I felt like I had to rush and compromise my coding to meet their high productivity standards. Managers in the departments I worked in were very "cold" and didn't offer much guidance or help and all they cared about was getting their AR numbers down each week.

Advice to Management

This message is to the management outside of the coding department...Review the management ongoings inside the coding department. A lot charts that are waiting on missing documentation or feedback from CDQA are still being coded and "pushed through" to get the AR numbers down. Also, many coders will get "burnt out" with all the hours & mandatory OT they are having to work to keep up with heavy workload that's been brought upon them, due to poor coding management decisions.

"Behavioral Health Tech"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Presbyterian Healthcare Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly employees, nice work environment

Cons

12 in a half hour shifts

4. "Human Resources"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Presbyterian Healthcare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We are taking care of New Mexico, our healthcare system is top notch.

Cons

Very large organization and often decisions are very political. It would be nice to see more development and promotional opportunities for staff.

5. "Great organization to work for!"

Current Employee - Chief Medical Officer in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Chief Medical Officer in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Presbyterian Healthcare Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Highly focused on providing the best care for patients. Leaders listen and care about physicians and patients. Innovation is encourage.

Cons

Healthcare is changing rapidly across the nation and NM has unique challenges affording healthcare. Presbyterian is well positioned to adapt and succeed in this environment.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Manager in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

I have been an employee for 26 years! PHS is committed to improving the health of the communities we serve. In addition, it is just as committed to its workforce. I am very grateful for PHS in providing me with amazing career and the opportunity to make a difference every day for our patients, members and fellow team members.

Cons

Government funding for certain programs is being cut. This does affect healthcare.

Advice to Management

Continue to carve our future so that this organization can take care of our patients and members for another 100 years! Continue to consider your workforce in the decisions that are made as you always do.

"They are Not What They Seem"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Presbyterian Healthcare Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Staff. They are really helpful.

Cons

Management sucks and pay of course is low for the quality of care they want RNs to provide. They are desperately understaffed and like a previous post stated, "you always get out late ."

Advice to Management

A higher pay rate would help to retain RNs, especially for the slave driving work you require; since you are understaffed.

8. "CCA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

good company to work for

Cons

unable to move up in the position

9. "clerical"

Former Employee - Clerical Specialist in Los Lunas, NM
    Former Employee - Clerical Specialist in Los Lunas, NM

I worked at Presbyterian Healthcare Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a good company overall

Cons

No cons this is a good company

10. "Case Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ruidoso, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ruidoso, NM

Pros

I have enjoyed my employment in my home town hospital.

Cons

I would like to travel