Presbyterian Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "PCA"

Current Employee - Pca in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Pca in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Presbyterian Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the residents and all the activities the community offers to them.

Cons

The food is not from this region and the head chef use to work for a prison.

Advice to Management

More interaction with co workers. Stop letting other co workers tattle on each other that are meaningless.

2. "PCA"

Current Employee - Pca in Oxford, PA
    Current Employee - Pca in Oxford, PA

I have been working at Presbyterian Senior Living part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

residents are really great to workers

Cons

residents are really bad towards workers

Advice to Management

sos

3. "Solid Mission - Shaky Leadership"

Pros

Stabile industry with promising growth.

Cons

Senior management only places value on middle management complying and killing fires effectively. Very little innovation to respond to the changing landscape of senior services. The organization has not adapted to change and the cycle of growth is crushing the spirit of the workforce that gets the job done day in and day out. This has resulted in the loss of good staff.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at how compassion is delivered at the care level of seniors and model that kind of grace all the way up to the top of senior management. It seems to be fine to extend care and grace to those who are served but if management needs to step on and crush staff along the way to accomplish it's objectives the mission turns to hypocrisy. Senior management needs to look around and ask questions... it's not that deep of an organizational structure to find the issues and address them.

5. "Wonderful company with a great mission"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dillsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dillsburg, PA

I worked at Presbyterian Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PSL cares for their employees. You get what you give. If you work hard and apply yourself while keeping a positive attitude your only limitations are those with which you place upon yourself.

Cons

The work load is at times very demanding. If you do not care to work hard and take your career seriously you will not do well here. Having said that, hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed.

6. "Director of Mission Support in Lehigh Valley"

Former Employee - DIRECTOR of MISSION SUPPORT in Lehigh Valley, PA
    Former Employee - DIRECTOR of MISSION SUPPORT in Lehigh Valley, PA

I worked at Presbyterian Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the diversity of my fundraising responsibilities and the salary was fair. I did not like working in a vacuum in my territory alone and would like to get together with my counterpart but there was a definite divide.

Cons

After two and half years I was dismissed, without warning and without any discussion ahead of time. I was going out on short time medical leave and I could not prove it had anything to do with that timing. I worked very hard achieving my fundraising goals but their were some local executives that did not care for my relationships etc. I still have not recovered from this decision nor did they ever reorganize my department as they said they were going to. It's now a year later.

Advice to Management

Before you affect a person's personal and professional career, think before you act and ask yourself is this part of our mission of work to treat an employee in this manner after she has worked and dedicated her life to PSL.

7. "Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Presbyterian Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, little oversight, freedom to find creative solutions. My immediate supervisors were great.

Cons

Pay and benefits low for the industry, you better be self motivated, because corporate lacks the ability to motivate anyone. Why bother striving for greatness when it comes back to haunt you. Upper management can be rude to hourly employees.

Advice to Management

Managers should be spending their time managing employees and caring for residents, not trying to keep up with worthless scheduling software and constantly changing HR policies.

8. "Great Mission but poorly managed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Presbyterian Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for 4 years and their mission is outstanding. They truly want what is best for their residents.

Cons

They are not fair to employees in many ways, poor pay rate, lack of concern for employees, no advancement, they want you to wear multiple hats but only pay for one oh those hats. Currently I am doing that of four people on other campuses but only get paid for one of those positions and the corp office turns the other cheek because they don't want to hear it.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to what is going on at your campuses and ask employees what/how they are doing and feel about their company.

9. "Nursing"

Former Employee - Nursing in Bethlehem, PA
    Former Employee - Nursing in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at Presbyterian Senior Living part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great philosophy unfortunately management doesn't live up to it. If you enjoy clicks and gossip, work here. If you enjoy seeing poor nursing care yet because your in the click and don't get fired, work here

Cons

The environment is the only nice thing. If you enjoy paying out of your own paycheck for vacation, sick, holidays in advance work here

Advice to Management

Not professional at all!

10. "Utility"

Current Employee - Utlity in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Utlity in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Easy, good job, not hard work at all.

Cons

The pay is not very high.

Advice to Management

Good be better.

11. "Decieving"

Former Employee - CNA in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - CNA in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Presbyterian Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clean environment, good activities for residents,variety of food choices for residents

Cons

Lack of support from co-workers, inconsistent training for new hire's, not enough time to settle into rountine of your assigned floor,poor communication.

Advice to Management

Would love to see more accountability on the part of those whose job it is to train new hire's on the floor, and supportive help without feeling like your incompetent, no toleration for backstabbing but stepping up and supporting a co-worker who is struggling and remember a good worker takes time.