Presbyterian Village North Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Review"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Presbyterian Village North as a contractor

Pros

The staff is friendly and helpful. The facility is nice. I also enjoy how they accept prayer requests and give quotes for inspiration.

Cons

None that I can say at this time.

2. "Not what its portrayed to be"

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Presbyterian Village North (More than a year)

Pros

There,are no pros at this place, no room for improvement

Cons

No room for improvement
    Too much workload
    Understaffed
    No team work
    Underpaid

3. "Life enrichment"

I worked at Presbyterian Village North full-time

Pros

It appeared to be a good place at first

Cons

One of the worst experiences of my life. Judgements, bullies, unreasonable demands, set up to fail

Advice to Management

Stop pretending to be religious

5. "PVN"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Presbyterian Village North full-time (More than a year)

Pros

big, open campus, great co-workers, new equipment

Cons

therapy dept bought out by contract company, productivity requirement increases, constant construction

6. "Therapy Team"

I worked at Presbyterian Village North full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team developed its own report and is very strong. Though you need to really think twice if your not really religious.

Cons

The staff don't get equal treatment as per vacation, holidays off or pay.

Advice to Management

If you want to establish growth. There has to be less turn over.

7. "Physical Therapy Tech"

Pros

Great benefits, good environment, the staff was very friendly. Walking into Presbyterian Village North everyone will say hello and treat you like family.

Cons

There is a lot of construction going on. The construction causes some parking issues and confusion.

Advice to Management

The management did a great job. Everyone was caring not only to the employees but the residents.

8. "PVN of Dallas reivew"

Current Employee - Social Worker Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Social Worker Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Presbyterian Village North (Less than a year)

Pros

Presbyterian Village North really cares about it's residents and go above and beyond to make their stay as comfortable and rewarding as possible.

Cons

I really can't think of any down sides of working at Presbyterian Village North

9. "A micro managed, low paying, do as I say not as I do company"

Former Employee - Life Enrichment in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Life Enrichment in Dallas, TX

I worked at Presbyterian Village North full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My staff was the best. They worked so hard for an embarrassing amount of pay. Of course the residents were precious but I did not have time to bond with them. A handful of staff were nice and I enjoyed being salary. That's all

Cons

I've heard of Micro Managing but I've never seen it done like this. They crushed my spirit. My director was too busy to properly train me but then criticize when the job was not done properly. There's a pyramid of friends running the place and are willing to fire anyone that gets in their way even if it's unscrupulous.

Advice to Management

Clean house at the top and let the employees do their job. Oh and stop treating the healthcare residents like 2nd class citizens

10. "Wonderful residents, some great employees, untrustworthy management."

Former Employee - Dietary Supervisor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Dietary Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Presbyterian Village North full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mine was a full-time, supervisory position in the food service department. The pay was adequate for a start and benefits were available. I fell in love with the residents, enjoyed my job, and looked forward to the challenges every day. I could have been happy with this location, my position (with hopes of moving upward in management) and expected a long, successful adventure with this company.

Cons

This company had a rigid cap on employees earnings (many employees having worked for years without any hope of a raise) making it impossibly unaffordable for them to take advantage of the benefits package.
    Management was unyielding pertaining to common sense issues, making the challenges for more difficult to overcome than necessary - if at all. Most egregiously, corporate considered their written, mandatory policies to be arbitrary.

Advice to Management

Examine what you may be doing wrong to earn yourself a turnover rate of 40+%.
    Awarding human resources authority over the departmental management team to make decisions concerning their employees and issues that arise is unacceptable.
    If an employee offers a solution to a issue, see it for the benefit to management that it is rather than an affront to anyone's standing.
    Accusations of wrong-doing without supportive evidence wins no one respect and ultimately continues a restless, volatile work environment.
    When earning outstanding reviews from state agencies, rather than passing on prayer and praises, it might do well to express your appreciation to the employees who helped the company earn those reviews in the form of much-needed salaries rather than making excuses that your pay is in line with the competition.

11. "Committed to low wages."

Former Employee - Departmental Supervisor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Departmental Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Presbyterian Village North full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The residents of this retirement community were a blessing to work for and to know.

Cons

While the company praises itself better than the competition it insists on paying its employees based on the same competition.
    The company flaunts its faith-based affiliation, but the hypocrisy is more than evident in how it treats its employees.
    Constructs mandatory regulations and procedures but will not abide by them.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach.
    Do unto others.....
    Work smarter, not harder. This is the most dysfunctional company I've had the benefit of being associated with.