KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 163 of over 230 reviews

4.3
PresenceLearning CEO Kate Eberle Walker
Kate Eberle Walker
Pros
  • "Love the flexibility of hours and the ability to work from home(in 40 reviews)

• "working from home allows for certain work/life balance(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This is at the therapists expense(in 13 reviews)

• "No benefits as it's a contract position only(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of PresenceLearning and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Purpose driven

Sep 16, 2021 - President in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Strong leadership - Everyone is committed to the mission - Work-life balance is important to leadership - Committed to DEI - Leader in the field

Cons

- Remote first workplace means that building culture and a sense of belonging takes more work - Hard to drive change quickly

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

PL just keeps getting better and better!

Sep 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dedicated to mission and vision Constantly growing Innovative problem solving Senior Leadership listens and responds

Cons

PL is growing very quickly

VP, People

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are committed to our mission and to giving voice to power for our employees.

3. The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

9m

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,842

955 Comments

Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0

A Place You Want to Stay

Sep 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is hard to find a workplace where it is supportive & rigorous. From the CEO and throughout the organization, you feel valued and that the team is in it for the right reasons. This is an organization you want to join and stay in because it is always evolving and always finding better ways to serve the students, providers, and schools. The high standards are evident. If you have to work hard every day, why not do it in a place that pushes past what is comfortable and focuses on what is best for the student while making sure the staff is taken care of and not pushed past what provides a meaningful work-life balance.

Cons

Not a con for working here, but ultimately that there are so many students that need services is a con in general in the space. Hopefully, more school districts embrace integrating teletherapy as an option to enhance what they are doing for students.

VP, People

Thank you so much for your feedback. Our employees are our secret sauce!

5. 1.0
      Current Employee

Too many changes, no leadership

Sep 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

We have a lot of people with significant insights that could help position PL for continued growth in serving students with disabilities. We are always trying to improve the experience for providers to ensure that they are having the most engaging and satisfying experience.

Cons

There are people running pilots that have no experience managing that many moving parts. This lack of experience and expertise is resulting in confusion, frustration and people reaching their limit. Our "leaders" are too busy with their PhD programs or writing books to care about the impact all of these constant changes are having on the people doing the work.

VP, People

Thank you for your feedback. No matter how well planned, strategic, and intended, Pilots are known to come with some fear and concern. However, it is why we are intentional with the Pilots we launch and is also why we believe that launching pilots to test our hypothesis before making significant organizational changes is essential. We also pride ourselves in developing and expanding the skillsets of all employees. We foster a continuous quality improvement model of development and empowerment for our employees. We celebrate effort and sometimes even failure as we know that to gain experience, we must trust our employee's abilities, resourcefulness, and will. Additionally, here at PresenceLearning, we believe that our employees are more than just the work they do. They are individuals, and we believe this individuality drives diversity in thought and, ultimately, it is the innovation from our employees that allows PL to thrive. We know that our employees are multifaceted and have a passion for things outside of PL. We are intentional in creating a culture where employees feel good about bringing their authentic selves to work. This is why we celebrate our individuality and talk about it at work! Whether it is achieving life goals of obtaining a Ph.D., writing a book, playing in a band, training for a marathon, or getting a new puppy, we will always proudly celebrate our people's many milestones and achievements.

6. 4.0

Good company

Jul 30, 2021 - Speech Pathologist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Support from clinical account manager, pay for tele-therapy, platform and materials, get paid for appointments which are missed by the students at the last minute, company owned by young woman

Cons

once a month pay, slow to get started after hired, a lot to learn at the different school districts

VP, People

Thank you so much for your review. We pride ourselves on our team of Clinical experts and are happy to hear that our providers' support is valued and appreciated.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Company that cares about DEI and gender equity

Jul 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company meetings share from all kinds of people and backgrounds Working to help low income kids Leadership is race/gender diverse Female CEO

Cons

There is always a lot to do Lots of meetings People are really busy

VP, People

Thank you for your review. We are always looking for more ways to stay connected as a PL community. We hoped you enjoyed our most recent end-of-the-year virtual happy hour. We have more programs around this that will be launching in FY22. However, we are always open to ideas. We encourage you to reach out to the People team with any ideas you may have.

8. 5.0

School Psych

Jul 15, 2021 - School Psychology
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can work from home as a 1099 contractor

Cons

Multiple districts with differing requirements to process cases. Can get confusing.

VP, People

Thank you so much for your review. Just like the children we serve, school districts can have a diverse set of requirements and processes. This is why we partner Providers with Clinical Account Managers (CAM) (many who were previous PL Providers themselves!) to help work through these complexities. Please feel free to leverage your CAM whenever needed. Welcome to the network!

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great mission

Aug 5, 2021 - Management in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great mission! This is why I accepted the position.

Cons

Sink or swim mentality. They did not develop their people. This was with the prior CEO. I cannot speak of their current leadership. It appears most of the toxic people are now gone.

1 person found this review helpful

VP, People

Thank you for your feedback. We can’t speak to your specific experience at PL three years ago; however, during our most recent employee engagement survey, we recorded our highest employee engagement score since the inception of the survey 5 years ago. More specifically, our management team specifically received exceptionally high scores. We are and will continue to cultivate an environment of innovation, inclusion, and a sense of community at work.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Wonderful company where you can do meaningful work in Special Education

Jun 26, 2021 - Director of School Partnerships
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive leadership that provides all the tools and support necessary to be successful!

Cons

Growth is fun, but it does have its challenges.

VP, People

Thank you for your review. We love the work that we do here at PL!

11. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive environment, great work/life balance!

Jun 7, 2021 - Clinical Account Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Well-organized onboarding Positive culture Mission-oriented - genuine caring for students we serve Constantly working for ways to improve

Cons

It is still something of a start-up environment and they are always looking for ways to grow and improve, so there are constant, ongoing changes in procedures. I think changes are generally well thought-out and revisited to see if they are working, but it's something to be aware of if you don't thrive in that kind of environment.

VP, People

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your employee experience!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 163 Reviews