KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are great and associates work well together for the most part.(in 47 reviews)
  • "The mission of the organization is meaningful and there are many great people that work there.(in 34 reviews)
  • "Allowed me to work from home often.(in 26 reviews)
  • "Positive and strong leadership(in 20 reviews)
  • "Great culture, very collaborative, someone is always willing to help, casual work environment.(in 13 reviews)
Cons
  • "Management is awful.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Toxic culture, cliques within departments, nepotism, unheard opinions, poor leadership, bad communication, unethical raise considerations; if you want a raise you'll have to wait at least 2 years unless you are connected to someone high up and have a personal relationship with them.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Much of upper management seems to be spread out across the country so they seem distant from the day to day operations.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Inconsistent opportunities that are based on what team you end up on rather than the level of responsibility and value that you deliver.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Pay is low and often misrepresented.(in 9 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Press Ganey and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Great company!

Sep 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mission driven, caring leadership, excellent team

Cons

Not many, I love working here

2 people found this review helpful

VP- Human Resources

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're grateful to hear that you love working at Press Ganey. We will be sure to share your positive feedback with our leadership team.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Aug 5, 2022 - Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture Flexibility Salary Teamwork Unlimited PTO Benefits

Cons

Communication across company Time constraints 8-5 Work Life Balance Frequent restructures Communication

Be the first to find this review helpful

VP- Human Resources

Thank you for the 5-star review!

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Ok

Aug 6, 2022 - Call Center Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home and like it

Cons

Don't like working the weekend

Be the first to find this review helpful

VP- Human Resources

Thank you for the 4-star review!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company!

Jul 22, 2022 - Research Analyst & Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cares about associates work and personal lives

Cons

too political - let leaning

1 person found this review helpful

VP- Human Resources

Thank you for the 5-star review! We will be sure to share your feedback with the leadership team and encourage you to reach out to your HR business partner regarding your concerns.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Mourning the loss of what once was a great company and job

Jul 30, 2022 - Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

2015-2020 -- Fantastic Company. Amazing leader and team. Clear vision overall. Work/life balance a huge satisfier. 2021-2022 -- Amazing team within the business unit. Most cared greatly about the success of the work, the clients and each other.

Cons

2015-2020 -- While there was a clear vision for the direction of the company, several teams weren't sure how or where they fit in. 2021-2022 -- Where do I start. The company completely changed and not because there was a reorganization/restructure/redesign underway. It was a culture change. It was palpable. Complete team turnovers & individuals placed in leadership positions that completely lacked leadership skills, training and experience. Contrary to what I have seen HR reply to others here, a market analysis (external and internal) of pay was either NOT actually conducted or, those loyal and dedicated long time employees were just pushed to the side and not brought up to where they should have been, all while training new employees with years less experience and skills. Senior leadership and then HR was dismissive to concerns. Trust in the company completely vanished.

8 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Current Employee

Up for sale?

Jul 22, 2022 - Who Really Knows?
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home. Great benefits. Great workmates. Love the client relationships.

Cons

Mass exodus of employees, without replacing. No attempt to keep people or address reasons causing attrition. Inconsistent communication from upper management and across teams. No pay raise, which is especially egregious while we are getting killed with high inflation. Feels like they are dressing the company up for a sale(i have no knowledge of this and it’s purely based on the vibe).

9 people found this review helpful

VP- Human Resources

Our leadership team has an open-door policy, and we encourage you to reach out to Cassandra Willis-Abner, chief human resource officer, directly to discuss your concerns. The HR team constantly reviews compensation and benefit offerings to ensure they currently align with the market. Providing competitive benefits, career opportunities and a healthy work-life balance for all associates is a priority for the entire leadership team.

7. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

What has happened to this once great company?

Jul 28, 2022 - Regional Director in South Bend, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

2015-2019 - This company was simply amazing to work for during this time. The leadership team had a clear vision of the future. Everyone within the organization could tell you what our mission was and how we were going to accomplish that mission. We all understood our role in improving care delivery for our client partners, our region and the country. It was hard to find a team member with a negative outlook within the organization. Of course, there were minor frustrations and inconveniences with the approach of a few leaders. Those inconveniences were not consequential enough to cause a high rate of turnover. Our teams were positive overall, and this showed in the companies engagement scores. 2020 thru July - The initial scare of the pandemic and economic shutdown brought fears of layoffs. Those fears were subsided by the leadership team. They did a good job of communicating and reassuring employees we would safely navigate the uncertain times. Press Ganey employees sacrificed their 401k match to ensure we could sustain our workforce. Most of us understood, and knew we were all in this together.

Cons

August of 2020 to date - The rapid downfall of this organization can only be described as a colossal failure of leadership. During the first few months of the pandemic, the organization saved millions of dollars on travel and 401k match. That continued until January of 2021. Those extra savings were not given back to employees to help payback their 401k, and those funds rarely provided much needed assistance to extremely underpaid employees after their spouses had lost their jobs. Instead, that money went toward multiple new acquisitions. The next crucially flawed step in the failure of leadership was the reaction to the loss of a few high profile clients. This led to multiple questionable leadership hirings at the c-suite level, and most importantly, the departure of critical strategic leaders within the organization. A new partnership delivery model was discussed in the late summer and fall of 2021 - Press Ganey was transitioning into a SaaS company. The fear of the unknown, the lack of leadership during an eighth month SaaS delivery design phase, and their inconsistent messaging from September 2021 until recently created a vacuum that pushed employees to flee the company in every direction. While the SaaS model understandably required some thinning of the ranks, the turnover truly became astonishing. If you don’t believe this review, simply follow PG on LinkedIn and see how often they are celebrating new hires. Look at their career’s page. It’s littered with replacement jobs for the loss of incredible employees and talent. The absolute worst part of this entire experience has been observing Pat Ryan change. Maybe Pat is showing his true colors? Pat clearly and bluntly blames employees for the shocking drop in morale. During today’s town hall, Pat, who frequently interrupts his leadership team, made it a point to tell people in the organization that they have to “own the culture”. Yes, the employees have responsibility. In this case, Pat, you’re wrong. The turnover didn’t occur because of the workforce losing interest in maintaining the culture, or their home lives; it happened because of your change in strategic approach and your uninspired leadership since late 2020. You and the leadership team are responsible for creating a mismanaged and drastic strategic shift. You’re responsible for continuing to acquire multiple companies without a clear plan to integrate them. You’re at fault for not seeing the weaknesses in your acquisition and integration strategy. Most importantly, you’re at fault for not celebrating your longterm employees. Those are the employees quitting in droves. With every recent communication you have proven to us that you don’t appreciate your workforce anymore. It has made me personally wonder, were we all just a pawn in your scheme to create your own golden parachute before retirement? Where are Press Ganey’s engagement results, Pat? Why aren’t you showing us that most staff still trust midlevel leaders, but that the majority don’t trust you? To Cassandra and the HR team - Every current and former employee that has left a detailed response on Glassdoor is aware that you can’t win in this situation. You have to respond with a careful and uninspired response. The astonishing turnover we have seen, and will continue to see, is not your fault.

13 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Benefits & Stability But Very Poor Leadership

Jun 23, 2022 - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits Good colleagues Opportunity to learn

Cons

Leadership is not very open to innovation No collaboration Very traditional hierarchal communication

7 people found this review helpful

VP- Human Resources

Thank you for feedback. We are grateful to hear you appreciate our benefits and knowledge opportunities. Our leadership team has an open-door policy and is very eager to learn associates’ ideas and creative thoughts about how to best serve our clients and spark community. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or HRBP about how to best share your ideas.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Jul 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

None - blue collar workforce with management trying to pinch pennies

Cons

Everything except maybe the benefits

6 people found this review helpful

VP- Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your perception of what it's like working at Press Ganey. We will be sure to share with the leadership team.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Unwavering in Its Mission

Jun 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some companies can lose their way when they grow through acquisitions. I've been with PG through every acquisition and feel proud that the organization has consistently kept the patient/human experience at the center of its mission.

Cons

The flip-side to growing so quickly through acquisition is that there's much to continually learn about new offerings and technologies. The learning curve can be steep and, at times, overwhelming to associates. All associates want to deliver exceptional service to their clients, but burnout is prevalent.

1 person found this review helpful

VP- Human Resources

Thank you for the 5-star review!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 457 Reviews
</>Embed

Press Ganey Reviews FAQs

Press Ganey has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 482 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at Press Ganey to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Press Ganey employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Press Ganey. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

62% of Press Ganey employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Press Ganey 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Press Ganey to be culture, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be career development, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Press Ganey Job Seekers