Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance" (in 7 reviews)

• "Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work" (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Love the company"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The company is Mission Driven, focused on working with our clients to transform the way care is delivered to patients and families and supporting care givers.
    The company is constantly innovating, challenging us all to be disruptive and ensure we are leading the industry.
    The company supports it’s associates, numerous people who have had personal issues are quietly supporter, we support multiple charities including giving a day of service to all our communities and recently deidicated two Nicu rooms to our local hospital.
    The company has absorbed health benefit increases for 6 years.... merit increses have taken place for the last 6 years, the company pays close attention to non-executive positions and appreciates the value of these decision to their associate.
    Transparency- you can email the CEO and he’ll respond.
    Investment- are IT budget and spending on our team has tripled in recent years
    Many promotions from within...company manages a tight budget and has never had a layoff in my many years

Cons

It’s fast paced if you dont like change and to be challenged this place isnt for you. It’s a demanding work enviroment and the rate of change in healthcare is dynamic...it’s a cycle of innovation and self disruption, can be fun can be daunting! Company manages a tight budget, I’d always like more!

Advice to Management

It’s a great place to work, as we keep growing make sure we dont lose the culture that we’ve created. Keep the communication coming! Give us more Pizza.

2. "Advisor Position"

Current Employee - Mid Market Patient Experience Advisor in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Mid Market Patient Experience Advisor in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I work with great people on my team. I couldn't ask for a more supportive manager. Our leadership is accessible and inspiring in the direction they are taking our department and in their thought leadership. I feel good at the end of each work day (even the long ones) knowing that I contributed to positive changes in healthcare through my work and through our organization.

Cons

We are a specialized organization and we view each healthcare entity we partner with individually, so clients partner with us in advisory based on where they are in their patient experience journey. (That part is a pro) When folks come in as new hires, no matter how great our new hire training program is, (and it is) and even with a supportive team, manager and mentor, (and they are) it can take a while to really get comfortable with knowing how each client will want to partner with you. (That's the con, especially if you are not a patient person) But once you learn where they are and can meet them there - whether it's offering best practices, or sharing principles to help drive an organization's patient experience strategy, it's incredibly rewarding.

Advice to Management

Keep taking advisory in the positive direction we are headed in.

"Great Leadership, Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits package; our work makes a difference in the lives of health care providers and patients; the people who work here are high-caliber and driven; Pat (CEO) and executive team have a great vision for the company and get us to every milestone every time.

Cons

Fast pace and high standards can be stressful but team always comes together and results are great.

Advice to Management

Keep listening; keep looking ahead both for the company and for the industry; keep taking care of associates.

4. "Form Designer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They treat their employees wonderful.

Cons

I don't have any at this time

5. "Couldn't ask for more"

Current Employee - Advisor in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Advisor in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Happy to be able to work from home. I have outstanding teammates. I believe staff are encouraged to move and grow, the compensation is fair and I feel valued.

Cons

The only con that I can think of at this time is the degree of difficulty it is to get into the company from the outside. On one hand, it is great that the company encourages internal employees to grow and move however, I do know a few former colleagues that would be amazing additions to the PG team who cannot seem to get in. The application, interview, hire process can be quite lengthy.

"A company that cares about its employees"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working for a company that values work life balance and values the work that every associate does for the company. I cannot see myself working anywhere else.

Cons

sometimes the work load can feel overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Make sure to thank you employees for everything they do

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Completely aligned with the mission to reduce patient suffering.
    Awesome group of intelligent colleagues - is a TEAM environment.
    Culture is focused on fostering commitment, group identity, and achievement of shared goals through a common vision.

Cons

Despite the fast pace it is a great learning environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to protect the great culture.

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - EDI Specialist in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - EDI Specialist in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Press Ganey full time for over six years now. I have worked in several departments and what I have learned in each department has prepared me for the challenges of the next. The work is fast paced, never dull and there is always something new to learn and new projects to tackle. I appreciate the family first attitude of this company and the flexibility offered for when I need to work from home. Teamwork is not just a buzzword here.
    My coworkers are friendly and management is very supportive. The enthusiasm for excellent performance and the importance of our mission are always apparent. Everyone I have met is proud to be a part of this company and its mission. The work that we do has visible results in the healthcare industry. There are not many places where you can work that you can see the impact of the work you do so clearly.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is sometimes there are not enough hands to do the job for some of the big projects especially when they are on a short time line to be completed.

"Great place to work, excellent mission, and an awesome team!"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Smart and enthusiastic colleagues/team
    - Excellent mission
    - Development and learning opportunities

Cons

- Remote position, so I don't get to see my team in person as much as I'd like, but excellent communication within my team on a day-to-day basis

Advice to Management

- Keep up the good work and commitment to the mission, keep progressing, and continue to recognize your workforce

Press Ganey Response

Apr 25, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for the feedback!

"Advisor"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Healthcare industry. Great colleagues. Great clients

Cons

Consulting business growing quickly. May limit upward movement for Advisor role.

Advice to Management

Consider career advancement for Advisor role.

Press Ganey Response

Apr 25, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. We believe that our high growth in consulting along with other parts of our business present excellent opportunities for our people to grow. I would encourage you to... More