Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "It's really cold in the winter time here in South Bend, Indiana" (in 7 reviews)

• "The turn over in management and upper management is startling along with the numerous added upper management roles, Press Ganey is very top heavy" (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Love the company"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The company is Mission Driven, focused on working with our clients to transform the way care is delivered to patients and families and supporting care givers.
    The company is constantly innovating, challenging us all to be disruptive and ensure we are leading the industry.
    The company supports it’s associates, numerous people who have had personal issues are quietly supporter, we support multiple charities including giving a day of service to all our communities and recently deidicated two Nicu rooms to our local hospital.
    The company has absorbed health benefit increases for 6 years.... merit increses have taken place for the last 6 years, the company pays close attention to non-executive positions and appreciates the value of these decision to their associate.
    Transparency- you can email the CEO and he’ll respond.
    Investment- are IT budget and spending on our team has tripled in recent years
    Many promotions from within...company manages a tight budget and has never had a layoff in my many years

Cons

It’s fast paced if you dont like change and to be challenged this place isnt for you. It’s a demanding work enviroment and the rate of change in healthcare is dynamic...it’s a cycle of innovation and self disruption, can be fun can be daunting! Company manages a tight budget, I’d always like more!

Advice to Management

It’s a great place to work, as we keep growing make sure we dont lose the culture that we’ve created. Keep the communication coming! Give us more Pizza.

"Love this company!"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture of the company. I truly feel like my manager cares about and supports me both professionally and personally. Our team is like one big family even though we are mostly remote. The company is constantly innovating and the executive team have a great vision for the company. I'm excited to see what 2019 has in store for Press Ganey!

Cons

It would be nice if we had the ability to roll over PTO - It has been a very busy year which makes it difficult to take time off.

Press Ganey Response

Oct 24, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for your review. We’re very proud of our culture and our associates, and both of these make for a very exciting future! We recognize the importance of taking personal time, and for that... More

3. "Call Center Representative"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Provo, UT

I worked at Press Ganey part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours are flexible, they let you take time off when you need and make it up.
    Management is nice

Cons

It gets very boring reading the same script over and over again

4. "I love our mission"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ever since working in healthcare, Press Ganey has been a "household name" that is synonymous with positive change. Having the opportunity to work here automatically made me think of a positive place to work that would encourage and embrace change for the better. I am pleasantly surprised that they stand by their mission to create a better working environment for all.

Cons

There are no cons to describe at the moment.

Advice to Management

Check in with employees more often to discuss expectations on both ends openly.

5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

I've been part of PG for a while, and while I definitely appreciate the benefits and pay compared to other companies, I find what is most valuable is the opportunities for advancement PG offers.

Cons

The inability to carry over PTO from one year to another; this comes in handy when major surgeries/sickness occur and even though FMLA/Leave of Absence are available.

Press Ganey Response

Oct 14, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for recognizing Press Ganey as a Great Place to Work! To encourage associates to maintain a work/life balance, we really want people to use their vacation in the calendar year. Otherwise... More

6. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant/Office Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant/Office Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture and transparency of the company. Everyone in my office is one big family. I appreciate the importance Press Ganey places on family. They are very understanding and supportive when family issues arise. I enjoy the diversity of my typical day. Everyone is appreciated for their contribution to the company no matter what your title/duties are.

Cons

I can't think of any at this moment.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent.

7. "Wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - Advisor
    Current Employee - Advisor

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a very value driven organization with a highly engaged workforce and support leadership. It's easy to come to work each day, whether working remotely or onsite with clients, when the mission of the organization is so clear and aligned with one's personal values. Although we are spread throughout the country, our leaders take proactive steps to ensure everyone feels valued and supported. The pace of the work is fast, challenging, and always changing, but, boy, do we have a lot of fun! I'm very proud to work for this organization.

Cons

Attention to personal work style and motivators should be taken into consideration if you haven't worked remotely before. It is an environment with it's own pros and cons.

Advice to Management

Continue the good work currently being done to engage employees!

8. "Living its mission"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Press Ganey's mission is a noble cause: help health care providers reduce patient suffering by improving patient experience, safety and quality through analytics, insights, advice and consulting. PG associates hold one another accountable to improving our organization which ultimately benefits our clients. The work is challenging and rewarding.

Cons

None as long as you believe the mission and are willing to hold yourself and your peers accountable to serving clients to the highest standard possible.

Advice to Management

None

9. "Phone interview asking client questions to complete survey of their experience while visiting Dr., hospital, clinic, etc"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a rewarding experience talking to different cultures about their feelings regarding their medical visits.

Cons

The time restrain that you have to work with. Sometimes some people were so nice that you really wanted to talk to them some more.

Advice to Management

Let people talk and share experiences so they get a better feeling about talking to strangers about their medical information.

10. "Project Consultant"

Current Employee - Project Consultant in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Project Consultant in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Press Ganey part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Learning experiences Cornerstone and Ask the Expert.

Cons

Less opportunity to practice than I had expected.

Advice to Management

Communication.