Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

1. "Inserter Operator"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great benefits and opportunities to advance

Cons

I can't think of any at the moment.

"Lots of change, but earnest leadership and vision"

Current Employee - Advisor
    Current Employee - Advisor

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The mission of the company is earnest and the people who work for PG are truly in the business of wanting to help clients improve the care they provide to patients. Senior leadership has been stable for a few years now and has clearly articulated its vision for the company. Depending on the position, there's a distinct possibility of working mostly or partly from home.

Cons

The pay and benefits are probably just average. In the healthcare space there is a tremendous amount of change, and that can take its toll if you're the type that likes predictability and stability in your job. Also, career development, while better than it was a few years ago, is still a weakness.

Advice to Management

Find how to motivate employees to stay for longer. Pay and career development will have to improve if they want team stability.

"Dedication to clients and developing associates!"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

After 10+ years of working at Press Ganey I am amazed at how we continue to innovate and drive change in the market! They continue to view service delivery through the lens of the client and challenge teams to pursue their best with every interaction.

Cons

It is up to the individual to drive their career path - there are opportunities if you seek them out!

Advice to Management

The quarterly performance review process with a focus on individual development goals is a tremendous asset to growing and developing top talent!

"Don't work here!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

a few good technical people but intimidated by management

Cons

After being in business 30 years they are stuck in the last century for software process
    Very erratic and incompetent IT management

Advice to Management

listen to your employees

Press Ganey Response

Jul 6, 2017 – HR Director

Culture is extremely important to the success of Press Ganey, and we are committed to having an open culture where associates can feel comfortable offering input and empowered to make decisions. We... More

5. "IT Professionals need not apply"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company tells a very good story and leans heavily on what was at one time a respectable history.

Cons

The company strenuously avoids hiring IT Professionals for their IT Departments and instead require degrees in math, psychology or theology from Notre Dame or ST Mary's. They insist on training their own IT Departments which would not be bad if their training manual consisted of more than ' google it '. Everyone in the Departments are self taught so no two people have the same skill set which again could be a strength except for the high turnover rate resulting in IT Senior Management answering inquiries about difficulties with ' that person doesn't work here anymore and no one else knows how it works so we're just not going to use it anymore.' Unfortunately the companies go to response for any difficulties is to hire yet another Senior Vice President which does nothing to address the companies significant technology based difficulties.

Advice to Management

Try to see past how good an idea looks as a bullet point on your next presentation and recognize what it will actually take to make it a reality. Some times you need to look a little further than hiring another friend as Senior Management because right now it is the foundation that is crumbling and continuing to stack more and more weight at the highest level is only going to make it fall faster.

Press Ganey Response

Jul 7, 2017 – HR Director

We appreciate your feedback and take the hiring of our skilled professionals seriously in every department, including IT. We have a thorough and thoughtful recruitment process that combines... More

6. "Accounts manager"

Pros

Great place to work. I loved it

Cons

Hard to advance. I had limited opportunities because of long term employment of supervisors.

Advice to Management

Keep up focus on patients

"Analytics"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Nothing at all to say here

Cons

No clear team goal, lacking of team corporation

"Advisor"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Tremendous career growth opportunity to interact with a variety of healthcare organizations in all types of functional areas. PG trains its people well.

Cons

Internal politics and silos can make collaboration challenging. Starting pay is low and bonus structure is a joke the way they move advisors around to fill vacancies. HR was ineffective during my tenure with PG.

Advice to Management

Pat Ryan is singularly focused on building the business and needs someone to help him look more compassionately at the suffering of his internal customers.

"Great"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Allows for a flexible schedule

Cons

Pay and Benefits need improvement.

10. "Press Ganey is the BEST company to work for in Healthcare"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The CEO has a crystal clear vision on ensuring the company is successful. Senior Management ensures that we have the best employees in the roles to get the job done. The culture is: Work Hard - Play Hard. Employees are treated like family. The mission of the company encourages me to work hard everyday and gain tremendous fulfillment. I am extremely proud to work for Press Ganey.

Cons

No company is perfect, so I would say: resolve problems quicker, and institute more processes that utilize technology vs. people.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote the employees that "get it" and move out the employees that "do not get it".