Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance" (in 7 reviews)

• "Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work" (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Love the company"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The company is Mission Driven, focused on working with our clients to transform the way care is delivered to patients and families and supporting care givers.
    The company is constantly innovating, challenging us all to be disruptive and ensure we are leading the industry.
    The company supports it’s associates, numerous people who have had personal issues are quietly supporter, we support multiple charities including giving a day of service to all our communities and recently deidicated two Nicu rooms to our local hospital.
    The company has absorbed health benefit increases for 6 years.... merit increses have taken place for the last 6 years, the company pays close attention to non-executive positions and appreciates the value of these decision to their associate.
    Transparency- you can email the CEO and he’ll respond.
    Investment- are IT budget and spending on our team has tripled in recent years
    Many promotions from within...company manages a tight budget and has never had a layoff in my many years

Cons

It’s fast paced if you dont like change and to be challenged this place isnt for you. It’s a demanding work enviroment and the rate of change in healthcare is dynamic...it’s a cycle of innovation and self disruption, can be fun can be daunting! Company manages a tight budget, I’d always like more!

Advice to Management

It’s a great place to work, as we keep growing make sure we dont lose the culture that we’ve created. Keep the communication coming! Give us more Pizza.

2. "Continuous Improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company as a whole strives to improve all the time. There is always room to grow and improve your skills here. They stress work/life balance so that you are able to disconnect and enjoy your time away from work.

One of my favorite things about this organization is the Community Service Day opportunities. All locations throughout the US take a day to go volunteer at local organizations. They also sponsored employees for local 5k and 10k walk/runs to benefit the children's hospital. They truly invest in the employees and our community.

Cons

If you aren't used to constant improvement and changes, this might not be the best place for you.

Advice to Management

Please be as transparent with goals and ongoing progress as we can. Share the good news and the bad.

3. "Promising"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great local company investing the community.

Cons

Jobs tend to be boring and management is difficult to navigate.

Advice to Management

Internal promotion and career mobility between departments is essential to success. Remote management does not work.

4. "Sales"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Good leadership and vision for business growth

Cons

Burnout is a real issue among sales team

5. "PG"

Current Employee - Survey Designer in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Survey Designer in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company that cares about their employees. Offers great benefits and flexible scheduling in most departments. They also care about the community around them.

Cons

It can be hard to advance with in the company.

Advice to Management

Positive feedback to employees would go a long way.

"overwhelming amounts of work"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

flexibility with some ability to work from home

Cons

more work than you can keep up with and things are constantly changing, disconnect between senior leaders and staff

Press Ganey Response

Jun 29, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. At Press Ganey, we pride ourselves on giving employees the flexibility they need to have work life balance. As you know, we operate in a dynamic, rapidly evolving... More

7. "Advisor Position"

Current Employee - Mid Market Patient Experience Advisor in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Mid Market Patient Experience Advisor in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I work with great people on my team. I couldn't ask for a more supportive manager. Our leadership is accessible and inspiring in the direction they are taking our department and in their thought leadership. I feel good at the end of each work day (even the long ones) knowing that I contributed to positive changes in healthcare through my work and through our organization.

Cons

We are a specialized organization and we view each healthcare entity we partner with individually, so clients partner with us in advisory based on where they are in their patient experience journey. (That part is a pro) When folks come in as new hires, no matter how great our new hire training program is, (and it is) and even with a supportive team, manager and mentor, (and they are) it can take a while to really get comfortable with knowing how each client will want to partner with you. (That's the con, especially if you are not a patient person) But once you learn where they are and can meet them there - whether it's offering best practices, or sharing principles to help drive an organization's patient experience strategy, it's incredibly rewarding.

Advice to Management

Keep taking advisory in the positive direction we are headed in.

"Great Leadership, Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits package; our work makes a difference in the lives of health care providers and patients; the people who work here are high-caliber and driven; Pat (CEO) and executive team have a great vision for the company and get us to every milestone every time.

Cons

Fast pace and high standards can be stressful but team always comes together and results are great.

Advice to Management

Keep listening; keep looking ahead both for the company and for the industry; keep taking care of associates.

9. "Form Designer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They treat their employees wonderful.

Cons

I don't have any at this time

10. "Couldn't ask for more"

Current Employee - Advisor in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Advisor in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Happy to be able to work from home. I have outstanding teammates. I believe staff are encouraged to move and grow, the compensation is fair and I feel valued.

Cons

The only con that I can think of at this time is the degree of difficulty it is to get into the company from the outside. On one hand, it is great that the company encourages internal employees to grow and move however, I do know a few former colleagues that would be amazing additions to the PG team who cannot seem to get in. The application, interview, hire process can be quite lengthy.