Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Unusual Experience"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are great. There is a lot of flexibility to take time off if needed. Not much else I can say is a pro.

Cons

Management, inconsistencies across teams, lack of ability to move up or around in the company. Thoughts and ideas aren't too valued.

Advice to Management

Hire managers that are fit to be managers. Create some consistency throughout different teams. Work on promoting from within.

Jun 12, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. Press Ganey is proud to foster an associate-driven culture. As reflected by our recognition on Becker’s list of the top places to work in health care for the past three ... More

2. "Company is completely client focused"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company if you work directly with the clients​.

Cons

Senior Management has extremely different visions for different departments within the company and only promotes the vision that is most​popular at that moment. Any department that doesn't deal directly with the client is not going to have any priority with any level of management.

Advice to Management

Decide which message you what to support and then show at least a little consistency in how you implement that message.

May 11, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. Press Ganey is proud to foster an associate-driven culture based on building strong client relationships. Without a doubt, we are client-focused, much in the same way our ... More

"Slaughterhouse!"

Former Employee - Sales Director in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Director in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can't think of any pros.

Cons

Before it was bought out by an equity firm, it was a very good culture. After the buyout, many employees were let go on a regular basis for no reasons given.

Advice to Management

Learn how to appreciate the employees that support you.

Apr 28, 2017 – HR Director

At Press Ganey, we’re proud of the culture that you referenced and that is reflected by our recognition on Becker’s list of the top places to work in healthcare, but we’re sorry you didn’t feel that ... More

"incompetent IT"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

co workers are generally confident but brow beaten by incompetent management

Cons

management in IT is erratic, ad hoc, chaotic and generally technically inept

Advice to Management

clean house

"RD"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money but don't be fooled by the offer, you will be required to work 24/7 and that won't be enough

Cons

Dishonest leadership, no work life balance, punitive culture, lack of leadership accountability, lots of turnover, technology highly inferior to competitors, massive workload, highly toxic environment, need I say more?

Advice to Management

Gain a better understanding of what's happening at the local level, practice what you preach-implement the employee engagement strategies you teach clients at your org, it would go a long way to improving the culture

Mar 3, 2017 – Chief People Officer

At Press Ganey we view our own culture with the same high level of commitment and focus as our clients. Through our own engagement solution, we regularly solicit feedback and measure our performance ... More

"Press Ganey Review"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The health benefits offered to employees at Press Ganey are amazing. The health benefits as well as knowing our employment positions will contribute to I improving the quality of care patients will receive in their future visits. This responsibility is incredibly important and makes the job worthwhile.

Cons

However, downsides occur with any job. Lack of communication from the Management to Supervisors to Leads to associates leaves a lot to be desired and is a continual problem. The communication difficulties is a factor is every aspect of the many job responsibilities and can cause multiple unnecessary issues.

"Layoff happy"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company offers good, very specialized, experience in the short-term.

Cons

Likes to layoff entire departments at a time. A lot of people's jobs just up and disappear. Would not recommend for long-term career paths. The disappearance of departments also puts a strain on other departments.

Advice to Management

It is profitable to replace positions filled by people with technology, but I would advise such a high turnover rate among people at least be looked into.

Mar 17, 2016 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

Thank you for your feedback and especially for your service over the past 3+ years. Press Ganey is committed to cultivating ongoing professional development at all levels and recognize how essential ... More

"Looks can be deceiving...watch out!"

Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Press Ganey uses old technology for their surveys and data collection, but they are proven over time. They still have the deepest bench over all other vendors in the space. They are expensive, but their should be a premium price to pay when comparing your organization to the cream of the crop. Until more companies leave to go to other vendors, Press Ganey will have the advantage of more data.

Cons

When I joined this company 5+ years ago, I definitely had on rose-colored glasses. I was educated by Studer, and to me, Press Ganey was always THE PLACE TO BE. They had a great reputation of being well-educated, scientific, family-oriented, employee and customer-centric. It was like that when I first started. However, the company has grown, the management has changed and things are no longer how Drs. Press and Ganey intended for the company to be. It is sad because it really had the potential to do great things. The executive team is all about the "reduction of suffering." That seems like a good thing, right? However, what has been happening of late is that the "suffering" is being directed at the employees. The Management Team is fear-based and punitive. It is not the "collaborative" environment that we preach to our clients. It's sad because I think that the current Management Team is taking Press Ganey down and allowing the competition to get a strong foothold. There were days when I didn't have to worry that my customer was going to be here tomorrow; there just wasn't anywhere credible for them to go -- those days are over. In talking about improvement with my customers, I am finding that they have talked to our competition and they are considering moving to other vendors. They feel that PG has changed and the service level has suffered. I continue to try to provide exceptional customer service to my clients, but it gets harder and harder due to the environment that the PG Management has created. It is a very caustic culture. DON'T EVER MAKE A MISTAKE because the senior leadership does not tolerate mistakes and punishment will be forthcoming (even if it is something very small; you will be written up and put on "a plan.") NOT FUN!

Advice to Management

The Golden Rule should apply -- treat others as you would like to be treated. You have too many levels of management and you have lost the ability to connect with the employees and the clients. Everyone is noticing, even if you aren't.

Sep 24, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you are frustrated with your experience at Press Ganey. I’d like to clarify a few points included in your review. This year, there have been a ... More

"The Worst"

Current Employee - Consultant/Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Consultant/Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey (More than a year)

Pros

If you're in a management position, you'll be there forever or as long as you want to be. Still its low pay for management...

Cons

This company is horrible to work for. It was a great environment before Dr.'s Press & Ganey sold it to a corporation. Now its so corporate...the way they treat their employees is horrifying, and they offer very low compensation. Press Ganey Associates is all about the profit margin, not the employees.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better for God's sake. They're people not robots. Stop dumbing down position titles, so you can save $$ on wages and increase your profit margins. Recognize talent when you see it. Though I don't think you would recognize talent if it hit you in the face. You've got people who've been there for 6+ years with no opportunity to move up, young talented people. The only thing keeping you in business is your benchmarking capability, because at some point you were #1 and you have the book of business. If you keep having account manager turnover, you're going to continue to loose that, and sink. It's only a matter of time unless you get with the program, stop trying to increase profits at all costs and focus on the employees and clients.

10. "Run Far"

Former Employee - Phone Representative in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Phone Representative in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One great female supervisor. Two great female leads. Friendly phone reps.

Cons

Management is awful. Everyone acts oblivious to the fact that it needs to change. No one will say anything to anyone because they are all friends, and do not want to step on anyone's toes. There is no such thing as a professional environment here. I enjoyed my fellow co-workers but did not enjoy being talked down to by upper staff. The phone center consists of mostly female supervisors, leads, and of course the phone reps. There are only two male leads. One is brainless and the other painstakingly thorough in the most annoying way possible, as well as moody. IF YOU'RE A HOSPITAL CONSIDERING PRESS GANEY AS YOUR SURVEYOR FORGET IT. QUANTITY OVER QUALITY HERE, unless you don't care because well, they don't either.

Advice to Management

Quit treating phone reps like garbage. You all just happened across your jobs because you were in the right place at the right time. IT JUST HAPPENED. If it weren't for certain events all you schmucks would still be on the phones or no longer working with Press Ganey. There are three good supervisors/leads I will not mention by name, but the rest of you can are unacceptably unprofessional. Oh and PATRICK T. RYAN IS A JOKE TOO.